Profile for Benson > Reviews

Tower Infinity T10016 Traditional Kettle, 1.7 Litre, Brushed Stainless Steel
Offered by Electrical Emporium

3.0 out of 5 stars Average at best, 12 Oct. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's tricky to know what to say to review a kettle but as far as this one goes nothing stands out about it to make it any better or worse than other kettles on the market. The design is ultimately down to taste. Personally, I prefer a more upright kettle whereas this one is wide and round at the bottom (traditional as the description would have it). The design can make it rather awkward to fill. All in all, the kettle serves its purpose but would be no talking point of your kitchen and offers no features you wouldn't find on other kettles.

Master & Dynamic MW50 Premium High Definition Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Headphone - Black/Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely gorgeous but undesirable price tag, 7 Oct. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The simplicity of this product is evident right from the second you open the box. No leads or instruction books flying everywhere... all you see is the headphones perfectly molded to the case with a very elegant looking leather box containing two leads, a USB charger and a connection lead (should you wish to use the headphones without bluetooth). I got them working with my iPhone via bluetooth in a matter of seconds. Connection is seamless and there are no issues (some headphones with bluetooth give an audible buzzing when connected which can be annoying... these do not do that).

Material wise they are lightweight and it is very clear they are made from the highest quality components. The headband can be adjusted to the size of your head if needed. An equally as elegant looking pouch is included made of a really strong fabric with a magnetic close. There is even a smaller compartment to keep the leads separate. They are very comfortable over the ears. I've worn them for around two hours at a time and not found them uncomfortable in the slightest. I've worn them to the gym and got on ok with them but they did fall off at times if for example, I was doing moves involving bending down to the floor. I don't think they are meant for gym use but they can be used with caution.

The left ear has a sliding button to navigate the headphones between off and on or make them discoverable via bluetooth. The right ear has three buttons. The outer buttons control the volume and the middle button pauses/plays the music. If you hold down the volume buttons this skips to the next track/previous track. I really liked the way this feature was simplified. I've had the headphones about a week now and not had to recharge. I've used them for 1-3 hours per day and the iPhone actually tells you how much battery power is left. Ideal really and thumbs up for the battery life.

Soundwise I tried the headphones with as many different kinds of music as I could. Some of the highlights were as follows:

Ariana Grande - Into You. Bass line distinctive. Vocals, crisp and clear sitting perfectly over the track. Bass slightly lost in the chorus (likely down to mix, not the headphones).

Britney Spears - Toxic. The clarity was really obvious with this track. Every element of the track... lead vocal, backing vocals, hook, bass could be distinguished between perfectly. Gorgeous.

Muse - Time is Running Out. Distinctive bass without being overbearing. Clarity between different parts of the recording; perfect again. Especially the bridge where the guitar kicks in.

Elvis Presley - Stuck on You. Crisp and clear. as previous tracks despite coming from a much earlier recording period.

Michael Jackson - Billie Jean. Ever so slightly tinny to begin with but very immersive as the other tracks were. In the bridges I could hear backing vocals I'd never really noticed before.

Pavarotti - Nessun Dorma. This was a live recording. The clarity was so good you can hear the audience and I found myself getting quite lost in it as if I was there listening in person.

All in all, I thought the highs, mids and lows were combined down to a tea with these headphones. The sound was gorgeous and I felt I was getting a real "studio" experience from them. At times the bass was perhaps less distinctive than some may like but I would argue this was more down to the way the track is mixed rather than the headphones. What we don't always realise with cheaper headphones and bass heavy ones is that you lose a lot of clarity from the tracks and different elements from the mix get lost. This was particularly evident when listening to Michael Jackson.

I think the major question with these headphones is, do I want to spend £400 when there are cheaper "high quality" ones on the market? My personal feelings are that there are perhaps cheaper ones that give you just as high quality sound. Depending on your relationship with music, the differences between "premium" headphones and more affordable ones can be very subtle unless your ears are trained well. As someone who has worked in recording studios, the clarity and difference was evident to me straight away. However, I couldn't help but think for the casual music fan they will be uncertain if it was worth spending the £400, particularly with well known brands like "Beats by Dre" being considerably cheaper. Having said that I've tried other bluetooth headphones and these are by far my favourite.

Max Factor Smooth Miracle Primer, Translucent, 30 ml
Max Factor Smooth Miracle Primer, Translucent, 30 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Male perspective, 30 Sept. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I can't say I got on with this product too well. I applied my moisturiser as usual and then this product before applying make up. Personally, I found it to feel quite greasy and it didn't appear to effect my look in anyway. However, I wear very little make up and my skin is reasonably clear so I am inclined to think this would have more of an effect for the 'full face of makeup' to help achieve a more flawless look.

Busy B Bride "To B" Anniversary Book with Ribbon Closure and Keepsake Box
Busy B Bride "To B" Anniversary Book with Ribbon Closure and Keepsake Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely for a couple who are really into creative things, 30 Sept. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A beautiful gift if you're struggling for ideas. Not necessarily just for a wedding. You could give it as a birthday gift to someone who was recently married or as a first anniversary gift. It's quite a small book but presented beautifully in a small box. It's ideal for a couple or one half of the couple who is quite creative, particularly someone who is into keeping tokens of memorable dates such as cinema tickets, concert tickets and what not. There are little pockets throughout the book where you can enclose little things like this. If purchasing as a wedding gift I would definitely want to do a bit of research into the couple. While the book looks lovely, if it was given to me personally it is not something I would be likely to do.

Elba Strongline Document Wallet with Foolscap, 320 gsm - Assorted Colours, Pack of 25
Offered by Choice Stationery Supplies Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great office accessory, 17 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good quality document folders in vibrant colours that really stand out on the shelf and make it easier to locate what you're after. Might not fair well in wet weather or for students transporting things in backpacks but that is expected of this type of product.

STABILO EASYcolours Ergonomic Colouring Pencil for Right Handed - Assorted Colours, Wallet of 12

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and neat, 17 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Gorgeous set of pencils that are comfortable to hold and I have found to contribute to the therapeutic nature of adult colouring. I like to stay quite neat and organised so I liked that the pencils are presented in fold out packaging that you can keep. There is also a sharpener included so everything you need is there, whatever your colouring activity.

Leifheit Tile and Bath Wiper Flexi Pad Telescopic Handle
Leifheit Tile and Bath Wiper Flexi Pad Telescopic Handle

4.0 out of 5 stars Very versatile for all your bathroom needs, 5 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A really great tool to have in the bathroom, especially handy if you like to give your shower a wipe over every time you use it. We like to do that in my house to avoid a build up of intensive residue and just to make deep cleaning easier when it comes to that time of the week to do a more intensive clean. This tool allows you to get in to all the areas without straining your back too much. As with all cloth type products though the pad will need washing/replacing after a while. Had it for a month now though and no sign of an unpleasant odor. The pad that comes with the tool can be removed and washed.

I couldn't find anything this pad couldn't do to be honest. Our bath has a shower door on it which is curved. You can't get to this with the stick on but this can be removed so you have a shorter piece. I can't see why you couldn't use this as a map for the floor either (if the area is small). Very versatile really.

Tala Performance Baking Tray
Tala Performance Baking Tray
Offered by MightyHousewares

4.0 out of 5 stars Non-stick while it lasts..., 5 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very well made tray but without extensive use its difficult to comment how long the "non-stick" element will last. From past experience with other "non-stick" trays begins to lose this element after a while. That aside, I would consider this tray "quality" and expect a good amount of use out of it before moving onto a new one.

BRITA Maxtra+ Water Filter Cartridges, White, Pack of 3 (UK Version)
BRITA Maxtra+ Water Filter Cartridges, White, Pack of 3 (UK Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars These cartridges DO fit older jugs, 5 Aug. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm sure others like me are reading about these "new" filters and worried if they still fit older models of jugs? I can confirm that they DO fit and you aren't required to buy a new jug. These filters are simpler a better technology allowing an even better filtration experience. I am an avid user of a nespresso machine and have taken the advice from the packaging to use filtered water on the coffee machine. I would agree this results in a better tasting experience. Will be sticking with the BRITA brand and these better filters.

Garnier Ultimate Blends Argan Oil Shiny Hair Mask Treatment 300ml
Garnier Ultimate Blends Argan Oil Shiny Hair Mask Treatment 300ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Conditioner or hair moisturiser? You decide., 22 July 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have very dry hair and have been using a wonderful hair product from Lush for a few years called R'n'B. The idea being you apply it after you've washed your hair and leave it in. I thought this product was the same kind of thing but the instructions are actually quite unclear. Some people have reported to use it as a conditioner and rinse out, while the official instructions do not mention rinsing... they say to just leave the product in for 1 to 5 minutes. So who is right, who is wrong?

If you read the instructions on amazon it seems you can use it either way. As a male with very thick, dry, short hair I've been applying it directly to dry hair instead of a styling product and I find it helps my hair to continue looking good throughout the day. It's a great alternative to styling products and makes my hair look more prominent, rather than dry and straw like.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20