Profile for Derek AG Starling > Reviews

Derek AG Starling

A Word Glittering with Spikes
A Word Glittering with Spikes
by Nigel McClea

5.0 out of 5 stars Five stars for a new author and a love story that could become a classic!, 10 Feb. 2015
I'm an avid reader and love action books such as those written by Bernhard Cornwall or CJ Sansom so I would never have expected to be writing in praise of a romantic novel but I found Nigel's book impossible to put down! It held my interest from cover to cover and was genuinely disappointed to come to the end. It flows smoothly and well paced and thoroughly deserves a 5 star rating. It is eloquent as one might expect from a lawyer but its smoothness means there no unexpected jolts to break the reader from the rhythm making its reading a real pleasure.

The hardest part at the end was trying to decide how many copies I needed to give as presents but contented myself that I knew a large part of the proceeds would go to help the homeless who come everyday for a hot breakfast after a night sleeping out in the rough. Ca't wait for a sequel! It really was superb! Well done Nigel.

Chasing Ice [DVD]
Chasing Ice [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Balog

5.0 out of 5 stars This should be compulsory viewing for everyone aged 15 and up., 14 April 2014
This review is from: Chasing Ice [DVD] (DVD)
This is a stunning video not just because of the incredible dangers involved in creating it but to eliminate any doubt about what we as a race are doing to destroy this planet and meteorologists just fail to agree. I'm planning to show it to the school children who come to our church and their parents and teachers in the hope that they will spread the word before its too late.

Brian D'Arcy's Food for the Soul (Brian D'Arcy Books)
Brian D'Arcy's Food for the Soul (Brian D'Arcy Books)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pending, 14 April 2014
i Can't wait to get into this very interesting looking book but unfortunately too many other priorities at the moment.

The Wines of the Northern Rhone
The Wines of the Northern Rhone
by John Livingstone-Learmonth

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rhone Bible, 14 April 2014
It was described to me as "the bible" for Cotes du Rhone and that is a very apt description of a wonderful book which made me want to jet over to the Rhone Valley and spend some quality time eating wonderful food and tasting glorious wines.