Profile for Supertzar > Reviews

Content by Supertzar

Supertzar

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Black + Decker 21.6V Hand Vac + Floor Extension Dustbuster with ORA Technology, White
Offered by Retail-ABC - VAT Registered

5.0 out of 5 stars Supersucker!, 18 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really didn't have high expectations of this - it just looked a bit gimmicky - a handheld device that turned into a stand-up cleaner. I'd briefly had a GTech AirRam and found that utter rubbish - I'd have more luck picking up supermodels frankly.

But this thing really surprised me. I'm so fed up of rubbish vacuum cleaners, I thought I'd punish it from the off with Xmas tree pine needles - exactly the sort of debris that my current Sebo politely rearranges without picking up. The Dustbuster picked up the whole lot - and much more besides. Excellent in fact.

The design is great - being able to use it as a stand-up hoover as well as a handheld device makes it so useful. The only criticism I'd have is that my finger sometimes doesn't seem to hold the 'on/off' button down properly, making it stop working. Otherwise superb.

Ring RPP148 9A Portable Jump Starter, 12V Vehciles to 1.8L, 12V DC Socket, LED Light, Battery Power test, 2 USB Sockets

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable peace of mind, 18 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A great buy this - a modernised, ergonomic charger that's much lighter and easier to carry than older versions. It'll charge any car up to 1.8 litres when your battery has died and just needs topping up every few months to enable that. As with all gadgets these days, there are some added bells and whistles and the LED torch and USB charger for phones are a neat touch. Excellent all round.

Anne of Green Gables [DVD] [1934] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Anne of Green Gables [DVD] [1934] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by uniqueplace-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 15 Dec. 2014
I recorded this on the tv a few years ago to maybe watch with my daughters if it was any good. It's spellbindingly good and now sends shivers down my back. Anne Shirley - who changed her name to match her onscreen character's - is delightful as the ingénue young girl who is accidentally sent from her orphanage to a farm in need of young male labour. She is initially spurned and the first half of the story tells how she eventually melts the hearts of her adoptive family, including the magnificently icy battleaxe Helen Westley.

Throw in a coming of age Romeo and Juliet sub-plot, some wonderful dialogue ("What I said about you was true ["you're ugly, gossipy and sour as an old crab apple"] but I shouldn't have said it"), some great supporting roles and this is up there with It's a Wonderful Life as a terrific feel good movie to revisit time and again. And I say that as a reasonably cynical 40 something man!

Cole & Mason Electronic Gourmet Precision Greenwich Stainless Steel Pepper Mill - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and beauteous, 13 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a tall, heavyweight and luxury, showstopper piece of kit. You get to choose the size of pepper granule from 6 settings, press the button on the top and watch perfectly ground pepper issue forth with a satisfying grinding sound. Quality and solid materials - beautiful stainless steel and thick clear plastic. I loved it!

Nokia Lumia 830 5 inch UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
Nokia Lumia 830 5 inch UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
Offered by NGP_STORE_EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Good phone - but is that enough?, 8 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm a crusty Blackberry fan. I've had Samsung Galaxies and the HTC One, but neither really floated my boat. I don't have a huge need for bells and whistles, I just want to get emails and messages quickly, with a clear notification, plus reliable note, calendar and contacts apps, an intuitive interface and the odd extra app for non-business use.

This then was my first Nokia in 15 years. I wanted to like it to give me a non-Blackberry phone that I could warm to. Here's my thoughts. On the plus side:

- the phone is a good size, fits easily in the hand, isn't too heavy and feels and looks good

- set-up was very straightforward - easier than most other phones I've tried

- start-up and restarts are very quick, compared to the Blackberry

- camera is miles better than the Samsung, Blackberry or HTC in my view - quick to focus, easy to adjust, with good rich and accurate colours

- there are some great and useful features, like Office 365, allowing simple spreadsheets, there's wireless charging, a microSD slot and a ton of useful apps

- it's a hell of a lot of phone for the money - the Sony Xperia Z3 may be its closest competitor, but that's lots more money

On the downside:

- my fingers naturally seemed to gravitate to the camera screen, which is housed in a big circular disk on the back of the phone. I wonder how robust/scratch-free that will stay

- no flashing notification on emails meant I kept having to turn the phone screen on to see if I had a message

- I didn't find enough here to break my Blackberry habit or to stand out from the HTCs and Samsungs of the world. It's just not all that. Nokia need to find some new hook - maybe buy Blackberry and adopt their intuitive screenwiping and messaging systems.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2015 4:19 PM GMT

Optimum 600 Whole Fruit Slow Juicer, Red
Optimum 600 Whole Fruit Slow Juicer, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Proper job!, 1 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have an auger type juicer, the Oscar Vitalmax, which does a great job on vegetables and non-slushy fruit. The Optimum 600 takes up less space, makes great juices and seems to produce less pulp than the Oscar. On the downside, the cleaning is more painful and cumbersome, with big, oddly shaped clear plastic bits that fill up the sink. Also, I found I had to run the machine backwards and forwards to clear clogs out - but then I have to do that with the Oscar too. There's less cutting than the Oscar - the upside of having a big feeder tube I suppose.

All in all, a classy, sturdy and well designed product with a couple of annoyances that probably afflict 99% of juicers.

SEBO K1 Pet Air Belt Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
SEBO K1 Pet Air Belt Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner

1.0 out of 5 stars Blows more than it sucks, 21 Nov. 2014
This looks and sounds the business. And I was bored of just buying Miele. What a mistake! After a couple of uses, the head gets so clogged up, the only flow of air is outwards as the brushes spew out dust into the room. I don't have any pets, only 2 girls, who come at alternate weekends. I have to take the head apart every 1 or 2 uses to clear out all the hair - all of it - otherwise there is zero suction. I have never had to resort to such a foul exercise - and so often. Appalling design - the head is massive, heavy, overengineered - and worst of all, utterly useless. Total waste of money. Very annoyed. Sorry Miele...

Cole & Mason Dark Wood Morley Crank Pepper Mill, 165 mm - Brown
Cole & Mason Dark Wood Morley Crank Pepper Mill, 165 mm - Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 17 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Solidly built, beautifully engineered and a wonderful design, this is the Aston Martin of pepper mills! As with all Cole & Mason mills, you can be sure this will last for years, solidly cranking out perfect ground pepper, which you can grade between course and fine with the turn of a dial. Ergonomic, lovely to hold and use and a very satisfying crank. Well pleased!

Cole & Mason Brushed Chrome Oxley One Handed Pepper and Salt Mill Set, 145 mm - Silver, Set of 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Condiment complements!, 15 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Terrific salt and pepper set. Cole and Mason have built produced another superbly engineered, solidly built and beautifully designed salt and pepper set. You get to choose the grain size and the buttons, while plastic, feel solid and give a satisfying clunk on use. Overall great, if not cheap.

The Complete Motorcycle Theory and Hazard Perception Tests 2015 Edition
The Complete Motorcycle Theory and Hazard Perception Tests 2015 Edition
Offered by TRRCXU

5.0 out of 5 stars Just get it - and pass!, 3 Nov. 2014
Superb product. All you need to do is read a few of the chapters ('About the test', Guide to the official DVSA Theory Test Categories' primarily), remember the formula for stopping distances, practice the Hazard Perception videos and sit a few mock tests and you should have no problem with the actual test.

I haven't even read the Highway Code and I passed first time with almost full marks.

There's a lot on this DVD that is really just going over ground - possibly to bulk out the contents. If you're not getting 90%+ in your mock tests, then maybe this is useful to really make the knowledge stick. Otherwise I found the basic materials were all I needed and the real test was exactly in the form that the mock tests take here - albeit the Hazard videos aren't actually from Cardiff and its environs.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 10, 2014 9:56 AM GMT