Profile for Indiebird > Reviews

Content by Indiebird

Indiebird (Italy)

Harry Potter iphone 4 case - Hogwarts Marauder Map Hard iPhone Case 4s iPhone Cover 4 Hard Case Back Cover 4S 4G 4th
Offered by BigBazzaUK

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price excellent quality, 10 Nov. 2013
My son really loved the design and I was hesitant to order because of lack of reviews but I had nothing to worry about. The item was of excellent quality, the design good and all the buttons are easy to get to through the case. All that you need really for this style of case.

The Intolerant Gourmet
The Intolerant Gourmet
by Pippa Kendrick

2.0 out of 5 stars Just buy yourself a good quality cookbook, 10 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Intolerant Gourmet (Hardcover)
I own a lot of cookbooks already and I really had hopes that this book would give many imaginative recipes for those (like me!) trying to cut out wheat and dairy. I unfortunately like real food and this book contains a heavy reliance on recipes with dairy-free margarine for example or egg-replacer and this isn't my style. I think this wasn't really clear from the glowing reviews this book had. All the soup recipes I already have from other cookbooks and I guess it was my own fault for not using my own imagination and the wealth of good vegan recipes out there which don't rely on already processed ingredients. If you like to keep it simple and wholesome then this book really isn't for you. I'm only keeping it because I cannot be bothered to jump through hoops to drop it off and pay the postage to send it back to Amazon.

Tea with the Demon (Wingate)
Tea with the Demon (Wingate)

5.0 out of 5 stars A little bit of what you fancy..., 30 Oct. 2012
I really enjoyed this book. Not too long, not too short with a story which grabs your interest from the outset. I'm not a fan of tasteless or badly-written sex-scenes but this wasn't a problem with this book at all. The writing was excellent and it was just a thoroughly enjoyable read. I'm looking forward to the sequel to find out what happens to Dez and Angel next.

Earthlink: Impact
Earthlink: Impact

5.0 out of 5 stars Read the Portal Books? Well then, you'll love this, 20 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Earthlink: Impact (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. I'm not always a fan of Science Fiction books so I wasn't sure I'd like this as much as the author's other books which are more Fantasy fiction, but, this author has such an established voice and way of writing that I instantly was transported back to the books I enjoyed and wanted to read on in this one. It is well thought out and cohesive story and I am really looking forward to further instalments to find out what happens next with Sage.

The Book of Rubbish Ideas: An interactive, room-by-room, guide to reducing household waste.
by Tracey Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is anything but rubbish!, 16 Dec. 2008
I bought this book as it was recommended by a friend who thought I would be interested and how right she was and I now notice that quite a few of my friends are reading it. The first section is on the 'Vital Stats' of our rubbish and it is a real eye-opener, even for someone who thinks she knows a little about the problem of where are rubbish goes. However, unlike some books on the subject, it isn't all doom and gloom as the author goes to show in the next section where you take a walk through the home to see what can be done to reduce rubbish in each area. I like to think I know a thing or two about recycling and not using a cocktail of chemicals for cleaning, but even I have come away with new ideas, such as realising that their is a way to stop you getting all that 'junk mail' that the postman now kindly delivers through your front door. I thought there was nothing you could do about that. The book also has handy email templates for you to copy, such as one to send to your local school to see what their recycling policies are. Now it is a small thing, but can you imagine if every household in the country sent something like this to the local school? It would show our interest and hopefully spur schools into showing the 'future' to all our kids. It is very small, it is very achievable, even for busy people. It could actually be done! That is the real sense that you get from this book. It is a series of little things that are going to change our attitude to our rubbish and our throwaway lifestyle. No one is perfect, but if we all make one small change, that translates into a big change for the whole of the planet.