Profile for MGD > Reviews

Royal 297mm x 20m 90gsm Sovereign Natural Tracing Paper
Royal 297mm x 20m 90gsm Sovereign Natural Tracing Paper
Offered by Universal Office Products Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for tracing sewing patterns, 5 Nov. 2015
I bought it for sewing pattern tracing to try instead of sewable swedish paper which is nice but expensive. This worked out even better. I just tape two lengths together and it is perfect width for most projects. It works brilliantly when tracing onto the fabric-stiff enough to make the task quick and easy. Will only buy this for patterns. Recommended!

Removable Black Chalkboard Wall Paper/decal School & Home Chalk Blackboard Sticker 200 X 45 Cm Plus 5 Chalks
Offered by Qianxing

3.0 out of 5 stars It was ok, 28 Oct. 2015
It worked ok. I put it on my kitchen table for my boy to use it for his roads and car parks drawings etc. We used liquid markers on it. The lines were still visible after wiping (with wet cloth), wasn't a problem to us but just so you know. The colour is not deep black. I thought about removing it and painting the table with chalkboard paint...
I removed it after more than a year and there was a lot of glue residue (expected!). I ended up having to remove it with white spirits and kitchen towels, normal cloth wouldn't take it. Took me half an hour but no trace left now. It is ok but I wouldn't recommend it on porous surfaces. Before you apply, think of ways to remove the glue residue afterwards.

PERFECT PILLOW Ltd 100% ORGANIC BUCKWHEAT ,UK MADE SINCE 1996 ,Boxing Day Sale !CAN BE BREATHED THROUGH MAKING THEM SAFE for CHILDREN and BABIES ,16"X 13"(40 x 30 cm),1.2 KILO,KIDS SIZE,BRITISH MADE on North Yorkshire Moors. "YOUR USUAL PILLOW IS AS MUCH USE AS A PAPER BAG IN A STORM" VERIFIED AMAZON REVIEW !!
Offered by Perfect Pillow

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect indeed, 7 Sept. 2015
I've had one of these in adult size for a while now and would never go to a different pillow - no more headaches, back and shoulder aches etc. No more sweaty head too during hot summers - that's the main reason I got one for my 4 years old boy who actually tried mine and asked for one too. He has only used it for a few days but says it's comfy and likes it. His head seems way cooler now as well. The pillow is never wet to touch. He's happy so I'd recommend it.
It is small - check the measurements. I think I would prefer slightly bigger pillow and will get a bigger one in future.

Organic Coconut Flour 1kg or 3kg - Fine Gluten Free Baking Flour
Organic Coconut Flour 1kg or 3kg - Fine Gluten Free Baking Flour
Offered by PINK SUN Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely smell :), 13 Jan. 2015
Smells lovely, the pouch is easy to close. Great for pancakes! I will definitely buy again.

ORGANIC BUCKWHEAT HUSK PILLOW,LARGER SIZE 28" X 17"(71 x 43 cm)3.6 KILO,BRITISH MADE. YOUR USUAL PILLOW IS AS MUCH USE AS A PAPER BAG IN A STORM
Offered by Perfect Pillow

5.0 out of 5 stars After a year of using - the best pillow ever, 13 Dec. 2014
There is a reason why the seller's name is Perfect Pillow. I've tried a number of different pillows and finally remembered about the humble buckwheat. I got it and would buy again and again. It will last for a while though so the price is an investment for a long time and your health.
I first thought and hoped it would discourage me from sleeping on my belly, you know the crumpled paper look in the morning - I wanted to prevent it. Well, at first it worked. But then I discovered that the buckwheat pillow is actually the best pillow for front sleepers! Yipee :)
It felt hard at the beginning but after a week or so I got used to it and I would never ever change it for any other pillow. I got it for my little boy (4 years old) who loves it as well and prefers buckwheat rather than his (lovely as well) wool pillow. The perfect support you get from buckwheat is irreplaceable. You will forget about headaches, neck aches etc. I've suffered from sinus infections a lot in the past and it seems to have disappeared now as well...
The company is the perfect company as well, lovely customer service and I actually got a little gift in the post, out of the blue - such a lovely gesture.
I recommend both the pillow and the company.
And it's made in the UK! PERFECT :)

The Extra Virgin Kitchen
The Extra Virgin Kitchen
by Susan Jane White

5.0 out of 5 stars Always Yummy, 11 Sept. 2014
I've tried around 10 recipes from this excellent book and all of them worked and tasted brilliantly. Good for kids too and so nutritious. what a treat! Some recipes are a bit expensive if you don't have the ingredients already but at least you can be sure they will turn out lovely and some of them you only need a little (but have to buy a big bag like hemp seeds etc).
The fudge with goji berries fudge is gorgeous - I grind the goji berries and hemp seeds and it tastes as if there are salty caramel bits in it! I've made it 5 times now! :) Chocolate fudge lovely as well. Spread recipes lovely. The way she makes her fish fingers - my favourite and my child never refuses them as well. Works 100% for me.
This is one of my most loved cookery books, actually it's the only one I'm using right now. Recommended for everybody who loves real food with modern approach - Susan Jane white has a way with superfoods that is just perfect for us :)
Oh - and the best thing is that all the recipes I've tried so far take so little time to prepare!
Give it a try, I think you can find some recipes on Susan's blog.

Tiana Organic and Fairtrade Pure Coconut Butter 750 ml
Tiana Organic and Fairtrade Pure Coconut Butter 750 ml
Offered by Blue Herbs

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money if you want coconut OIL, 5 Aug. 2014
Good value for money if you want coconut OIL. This is not butter. Coconut butter is sweet and has pulp in it (creamed coconut).
It has no coconut flavor, some might prefer it this way.
if you are looking for butter tho - don't buy this...

Coghlans Squeeze Tubes - White, 2 Pack
Coghlans Squeeze Tubes - White, 2 Pack
Offered by Outdoor Supply Company - USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 5 Jun. 2014
I got these to use for homemade toothpaste and they're brilliant for that. It's a good size, quite big, easy to pour or spoon in, the opening is big enough. You fill it in and then close with a clip that's included. Easy and handy. I can see that washing will not be a problem as well. Would recommend and will probably get another pack for home made lotion etc, very handy.

Soft Leather Baby Shoes Boys with Suede Soles by Dotty Fish Navy and White Star design - 2-3 years
Offered by Dotty Fish

5.0 out of 5 stars Our favourite slippers so far!, 21 May 2014
This is my son's third pair of these leather slippers. I think this pair is my favourite - the leather seems softer and they don't leak colour on his feet as it happened before. He loves wearing them and will not walk without them, he demands them. They are soft and comfortable, never overheating his feet. And they will not slip on wooden floors.
Also - they are such a bargain - my son used to wear regular canvas slippers off within couple of weeks. These leather ones last him for at least a year! Till he needs a size change. So it is excellent value for money and I will be getting my next pair from Dotty Fish when needed.

Soil Association Certified Organic Henna 100g & Organic Indigo 100g
Soil Association Certified Organic Henna 100g & Organic Indigo 100g

5.0 out of 5 stars Organic Henna and Indigo powder, 30 Dec. 2013
I have been using henna for some time now, on and off, and after the last application of a Lush henna (caused allergic reaction) I thought I just try the powder. I did use henna powder on its own before but never mixed with indigo. This henna is lovely. It feels different quality, mush better to what I used before. It doesn't smell that much (I wouldn't mind but some people can't stand the smell), gives nice and deep colour, best colour I've ever had with henna.
Mixing tips that really make it work:
Henna powder (only) should be ideally mixed a night before the application, with lemon juice ( you can buy it in small bottles in baking section in stores) to the consistency of yoghurt. -i've read since chamomile tea instead lemon juice is better and milder for the head skin...Cover with plastic film and leave it in a warm place. The following day, just before application, mix indigo with water, mix it with henna carefully and apply to your hair. Keep it for at least 2 hours covered with a shower cap and towel. If you use indigo, it's better not to wash the hair for a day or two for the colour to develop. Do not put any oil, cocoa butter or any butter, any essential oils into the henna mix - anything other than lemon juice and water. Also - mixing it with coffee will apparently not deepen the colour at all but will stink.
There is a brilliant website mehandi - everything you need to know about henna.

Page: 1 | 2