Profile for M. Worley > Reviews

Content by M. Worley

M. Worley (Liverpool)

Page: 1 | 2
FDX New Mens Cycling Bib Tights Winter Thermal Padded Long Leggings Cycling Trouser (Black/Grey, XX-Large)
Offered by Fdxsports

2.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable and not very good., 12 Feb. 2016
This is an odd size. The legs are very short and ride up the shins as I pedal. The pad is also very short and really ineffective. I was squirming uncomfortably after an hour or so. I won't wear them again. If you want good cheap cycling bib tights buy Aldi gear.

Hunger: The Sean Kelly Autobiography
Hunger: The Sean Kelly Autobiography

2.0 out of 5 stars Great biography, terrible quality e-book, 4 Aug. 2013
Sean Kelly has always been one of my heroes. It was by following his exploits that I developed a lifelong love of road cycling.

I've been looking forward to this book for some time. First things first. I enjoyed the book and if I had bought the hard copy version I'd be awarding it 4 stars.

I am disappointed by the poor quality of the e-book. I had a flick through a hard copy version in Waterstones and was surprised to see black and white pictures peppered throughout the book as well a colour plate section in the middle. There are no pictures in the kindle version and I think that the publisher should make that clear. The formatting of the book is also poor, no hyper-linked contents page, which is something you get in free e-books and lots of odd line-breaks throughout. I paid £8 to download this book and I feel ripped off.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2013 11:44 AM BST

Domestique: The Real-life Ups and Downs of a Tour Pro
Domestique: The Real-life Ups and Downs of a Tour Pro

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest and entertaining., 26 Jun. 2013
This is a well written and honest account of the life of a top dometique and to be honest there's more of interest in this type of story than the bland, "How I Became The Best..." memoirs that flood the market. This would be a great intrduction for anyone relatively new to the sport who doesn't get the whole team thing in professional cycling.

A Book of Horrors
A Book of Horrors

3.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag, 5 Jun. 2013
This review is from: A Book of Horrors (Kindle Edition)
There are some very good short stories here and there are some genuinely terrible ones. None are particularly scary or disturbing and I think the title over sells the content.

On the Road Bike: The Search For a Nation's Cycling Soul
On the Road Bike: The Search For a Nation's Cycling Soul

5.0 out of 5 stars Eccentric and affectionate, 5 Jun. 2013
I really liked this book. This is an affectionate, sweet natured and sometimes sentimental look at the often eccentric world of British cycling.

Brilliant Orange: The Neurotic Genius of Dutch Football
Brilliant Orange: The Neurotic Genius of Dutch Football

5.0 out of 5 stars Different and quirky, 21 Mar. 2013
I really enjoyed this idiosyncratic look at the influence of the Dutch psyche and culture on the amazing development of Dutch football in the 60s and 70s

Coldbrook (Hammer)
Coldbrook (Hammer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been great., 1 Feb. 2013
There are some really great ideas in this book and some scary set pieces let down by a clunky plot and flat characters.

Take the All-Mart! (Scoundrels of the Wasteland Book 1)
Take the All-Mart! (Scoundrels of the Wasteland Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny and clever., 24 Jan. 2013
I bought this after I read a review on another website. It's funny and full of great original ideas but sometimes the inane dialogue grates.

Three Men in a Boat (Vintage Classics)
Three Men in a Boat (Vintage Classics)

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite book., 31 Dec. 2012
Probably the funniest book you will ever read. So many beautifully written jokes. I still can't read about the tin of pineapple or the fight with the swans without laughing out loud. A work of genius.

Merckx: Half Man, Half Bike
Merckx: Half Man, Half Bike

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the biography I was expecting., 4 April 2012
This isn't a straight forward biography of the great man but an attempt to discover why Merckx was driven to push himself to the point of destruction throughout his career. I was always aware of just how phenomenal Merckx was and how many races he won. What surpised me was this staggering success was often achived despite significant injuries. Excellent read.

Page: 1 | 2