Profile for Aljosa > Reviews

Content by Aljosa

Aljosa

Audio-Technica ATH-ANC33IS Active noise cancelling in-ear headphones with Remote and Mic

1.0 out of 5 stars I consider it a waste of money, 27 Dec. 2014
Could not really tell when the noise cancelling was on and when it was off. I think that tells all about the quality. I consider it a waste of money.

Turbo Spin Sock 36inches 90cm
Turbo Spin Sock 36inches 90cm
Offered by Jac in a box

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Dec. 2014
Nice, colorful, fun! What else could you expect from a sock?

Making Marriage Work (Overcoming common problems)
Making Marriage Work (Overcoming common problems)
by Paul A. Hauck

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend reading this book for everyone, 27 Dec. 2014
It took me some time to accept Hauck's very practical approach to marriage, and for his ideas to sink in, but all in all, I would recommend reading this book for everyone, preferably before they have any relationship problems. I would probably benefit from reading it again.

Invicta Pro Diver Men's Automatic Watch with Black Dial  Display and Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet 8926OB
Invicta Pro Diver Men's Automatic Watch with Black Dial Display and Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet 8926OB

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch - some caveats, 28 Aug. 2013
This watch was purchased to replace another automatic watch (different brand) that I dropped and went haywire. I like the idea of the self-propelled mechanical watch, and after some deliberation I decided to give automatics another chance. I have had my Invicta for four months now, so I think I can express a well founded opinion of it.

It is a nice watch, looks good and stylish, and keeps time pretty well (mine has a tendency to be two-three minutes fast in about two weeks, but that is fine with me, and this would vary with the user, I guess). I consider it a good value for the price. The luminous hands/dial is quite bright and can be read easily.

It is a heavy watch (about 200 g - NOT 455 g, as it is stated in the product overview), but it is comfortable for wearing around the clock (I had in on for two weeks straight when we went camping).

It is shock resistant enough for my taste: I dropped it a couple of times so far on hardwood floor from about a meter height, and it is working fine.

I did not realise that it had a little magnifying lens above the date display when I ordered it (although now I can see it on the pictures). This lens does not look very appealing to me, I do not find it very useful, either, but I have gotten used to it.

I had resized watch bands before, so I wanted to take a link out of the wristband when the watch arrived, but I could not remove the pin holding the link. I was afraid of damaging the wristband, so I ended up paying a few Euros for the resizing.

Invicta includes a little instruction book with the watch, but you have to know the features of the watch to be able to pick the relevant section - on the other hand, if you know the features, you hardly need the instructions! I thought it was quite cheap of them to print just one booklet for all their watches.

The important thing to know about this model that is has a screw-down crown. It is not mentioned in the description, and since I had never had a watch with this feature before, I had a little difficulty with it first. As I mentioned before, the instruction booklet that comes with the watch is useless, you have to know that the watch has a screw-down crown to look up how to use it.

Another important thing is that they guarantee the water resistance ONLY if the crown is screwed in the watch body (this is in the instruction booklet). The crown of mine got loose somehow without me noticing it, and some water actually got into the watch when I was taking a bath - I was quite upset about it. I am still in the process of trying to dry it out.

The pin of the fold over clasp came apart one day when I was taking the watch off. I do not remember any rough usage that would explain it. Apparently it is not of a common size, because the watchmaker did not have it on hand, so it took a couple of days to have the wristband repaired.

All in all, it is a nice watch for everyday use, but I wonder how long it will last.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2015 12:17 PM BST

ForeFront Cases® New Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Leather Case Cover / Stand For New Generation Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (8.0) 8GB 3G + WiFi with Magnetic Auto Sleep Wake Function + Stylus Pen Worth £4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars (Almost) perfect, 28 Aug. 2013
Perfect fit for my Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 inch tablet.
It makes holding the device much more comfortable, and I do not have to worry about scratching it when I put it down or in my bag.
The auto-sleep/wake function is very handy.
I purchased the red version, the color is nice.

I was considering deducting one star on account of three little annoyances, but I finally decided to give my full support.
In any case, let me share these concerns, as well:

1. If you look at the product name, it simply states that the case is leather. You have to read the description thoroughly to find out that in reality it is made of "full grain synthentic microfiber leather" (probably derived from the hide of synthetic microfiber animals). To be honest, it does feel (almost) like leather in the hand, and hopefully it will be as durable as if it was made of leather, but I did feel a little taken advantage of when I realised that I bought a synthetic case.
2. I wish you could fold the front flap completely flat under the device. I use my tablet on the bus a lot with very little elbow room, and I think it would be more comfortable if I did not have to hold the device as an open book.
3. The promised stylus was not included with the case. I have contacted the seller about this, I believe they will correct this.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun to watch, 26 April 2013
My first impression when I was unpacking it was that it is much bigger than I expected. Well, 54 inches equals to 137 centimeters, so I should not have been surprised.
It is made of sturdy material, it should last for a while.
It serves as a wind intensity-direction indicator mounted on a pole in the yard. My kids (and I, as well), love to watch it spinning around when the wind is strong enough.
The reason I gave it four stars only is that the link does not turn around quite as freely as I would like, so the strings holding the windsock tended to wind up on each other when the wind was strong. I added another link, at it seems to be fine now.

Delta Rainbow Kite
Delta Rainbow Kite
Offered by KitesUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kite, 12 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Delta Rainbow Kite (Misc.)
I was really impressed with the quality of the product, how easy it was to get in in the air, and how well it flew. There was not that much wind, the kite is very light and will fly in low wind.
Just one word of caution: hold on to that handle tight. I lost the kite by letting the handle go and it flew up on the top of a building - again, it practically flies itself! The replacement has arrived, and is just as good as the first one.