Profile for Roisin > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Secret Society® - Hidden Mystery
The Secret Society® - Hidden Mystery

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, 2 May 2015
I adore hidden object games but the fun for me was ruined when this game decided to put an energy limit on the game. If I wanted to play a Facebook game, I wouldn't have come to Amazon. I appreciate that it's free and the developers need to make money somewhere but I would have paid for this game as a whole if they removed that limitation.

Spotify Music
Spotify Music

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 1 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Spotify Music (App)
I love this app, I have it downloaded on all of my devices so I can listen to my music whenever I want. Ironically, it has less ads than the full PC version

Time Gap: Hidden Object Mystery
Time Gap: Hidden Object Mystery

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 6 July 2014
Not really what I expected but it's reasonably fun. Too many options to buy for my liking but it is a free app.

reddit is fun (unofficial)
reddit is fun (unofficial)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this app, 28 Dec. 2013
This review is from: reddit is fun (unofficial) (App)
It works great. Some features could be improved but in general it has most of the functionality of the browser version.

Sabichi Single Speed Essential Hand Blender, 170 Watt, Red
Sabichi Single Speed Essential Hand Blender, 170 Watt, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 31 Oct. 2013
I got this blender for making soup and it works wonderfully. It was fairly cheap and for the price it was exactly what I needed.

The power cable however is quite short which obviously limits how much you can move around with it. It is also impossible to detach the power cable so users must be very careful when washing it. Apart from those two small and easily fixable problems, this is perfect for what I wanted.

A Song of Ice and Fire, 7 Volumes
A Song of Ice and Fire, 7 Volumes
by George R.R. Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 31 Oct. 2013
I've read reviews of these books before where people were very unhappy with the content. I however am more than happy with how these read! I think they are captivating and indulgent and very clever.

For anyone thinking of buying these books, please read the blurb and also be aware that they are fantasy books with some sexual scenes in them. For the most part, it appears that their world is the same as ours (with very similar power structures to those in the 15th and 16th centuries). "When you play the game of thrones, you win or die".

I would recommend all of these books. There was one or two that were a little slow but it was worth reading them to provide context for what happens later on. Also I'd like to offer a small tip: Don't get attached to any of the characters!

Tala Stainless Steel Mini Sink Strainer, Silver
Tala Stainless Steel Mini Sink Strainer, Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 31 Oct. 2013
I have quite long hair so this was a must for my new place! It saves a lot of time that would have been spent cleaning my drain of hair so just for that, I love it.

It didn't quite fit the drain (it was a little big) but I managed to shimmy it in and it's there to stay. Also, depending on your drain, you may have a problem putting a stopper over it (if you've got a shower/bath combo like I do) but I don't imagine it's very difficult to take it out and put it back in if you want a bath.

Master Class Soft-Grip Stainless Steel Pizza Cutter Wheel, 20 cm (8")
Master Class Soft-Grip Stainless Steel Pizza Cutter Wheel, 20 cm (8")

5.0 out of 5 stars It cuts pizza, 31 Oct. 2013
I like this pizza cutter! The blade isn't as sturdy as previous ones I've used but the handle has a very good grip and it does cut through pizza as it's supposed to! It's easy to clean and I haven't had any problems with it. It also arrived much quicker than I was expecting which is always a plus!

Mirror Mirror
Mirror Mirror
by Gregory Maguire

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 31 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Mirror Mirror (Paperback)
I wasn't very sure what to expect when I started this book as the blurb was pretty ambiguous. What I found inside was a magical story with some very odd parts. I read it pretty quickly but I think it would take another reading to really appreciate all of the storytelling devices that Maguire used in this book. It was an odd, but very effective, mix of fairytale, fantasy and history. I would definitely recommend this book.

Bamboo Velvet Wood Wooden Hard Case Cover for iPhone 4 4S 4G
Bamboo Velvet Wood Wooden Hard Case Cover for iPhone 4 4S 4G
Offered by Trend Mall

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, 31 Oct. 2013
I bought this as a gift for a friend and she has said that she loves the way that something so natural as wood can be so compatible with the device. It looks gorgeous, and as a phone cover it's very effective.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2014 9:20 AM GMT