Profile for Mrs. H. Warner > Reviews

Content by Mrs. H. Warner

Mrs. H. Warner (England)

#1 Nursing Cover, Breastfeeding Scarf on Amazon - Loving Mum - 75 x 110 cm - 100% Cotton Breastfeeding Apron, Shawl, Infant Blanket, Baby Poncho - Breastfeed in public comfortably and discretely! Perfect baby shower gift!
Offered by Novelty Goods

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 13 Aug. 2015
Absolutely love this product. With my first baby due to being uncomfortable feeding in public I felt trapped having to time trips out between breast feeds. Now with my second baby I was determined to not feel the same way. I tried a big muslin to cover me to start with but I am clumsy and found it awkward so when I saw this nursing cover I thought I would try it. It's fab! Baby loves it - feeling secure and still able to see me when feeding! I love it. No more flashing the general public as my fussy baby latches on and off due to a fast let down. The best £10 you'll spend if your a bit self conscious like me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 14, 2015 8:26 AM BST

Sewing in No Time
Sewing in No Time
by Emma Hardy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book! Learn to sew 'in no time', 9 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Sewing in No Time (Paperback)
I haven't properly sewn anything since I was a teenager and fancied exploring my old hobby. However I am far from an expert and felt I needed a bit of guidance so I bought this book and a few others to inspire me and build my confidence. This book was however by far my favorite. I loved all the projects which ranged in ability and the time needed to complete them.

The book offers instructions on making a range of things from beautiful book jackets, cushions, quilted style blankets, needle cases, curtains, bathroom mats and much more. It is not hard to imagine how you could really transform your home with these projects. The instructions are written clearly and illustrated with diagrams which really helped a novice like me understand what I was supposed to be doing. Clear guidance is given on what is needed for each project and the estimated time it will take you to complete each one. There is something in this book for everyone - from beginner to accomplished sewer, and you don't need a fancy sewing machine to complete the projects - I rescued my antique Jones sewing machine out of the garage which can only do 3 different lengths of stitch. It really is a beautiful book, I love it.

I have just completed my first project - a fabric recipe book jacket. I am really pleased with the finished result - it looks like something you would buy in the shops and has inspired me to make a few more as gifts. I have gone from being a bit nervous and dubious of my own ability to planning my next project with excitement and confidence.

I recommend this book to anyone who loves sewing. You won't be disappointed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2010 6:43 PM BST