Profile for Sockymon > Reviews

NIVEA Men The Ultimate Collection Prepared  5 Piece Gift Pack
NIVEA Men The Ultimate Collection Prepared 5 Piece Gift Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars Packed and ready to go, 25 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a gift set of shaving and washing products designed for men from the Nivea range. If you like the Nivea mens range, then this is a convenient selection including shower gel, shaving balm, deodorant and more. They are also all in their full sizes, not the tiny travel/sample size sets that some gift collection use. The most notable inclusion is the faux brown leather bag that they are presented in. This is by no means a rugged or exceptionally well made bad, so don't expect to get years of use out of it. However, as an added extra to bundle it all in, you can't complain too much. It even has a shoulder strap as well as the main handle and it fastens with two magnetic buttons. Buy this for the products rather than the bag and you won't be disappointed.

Babyliss Pro Super Motor Clipper
Babyliss Pro Super Motor Clipper

4.0 out of 5 stars Cuts to the quick, 25 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been having DIY haircuts for a number of years now and though domestic clippers are usually fine for the job, they do all wear out after a while. There are a significant upgrade for me, as they are a semi-pro set that - admittedly - are probably higher spec than I need for my regular short back and sides, but they are built like a tank so will probably serve me for years to come. The metal body and grip of the unit, as well as its weighty feel immediately make you realise that you've got a sturdy piece of kit here. They cut very well, as you'd expect - though I haven't tried any complex styles. They are also quiet, not silent of course, but the sound of the motor is neither irritating or distracting when in being used. I could do with a carry case or holder for it, as I haven't anywhere to hang the unit when not in use, but otherwise I have no complaints.

SmoothSkin Gold 200 IPL Hair Removal System
SmoothSkin Gold 200 IPL Hair Removal System

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Hair Removal, 11 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used the IPL 120 machine in the past and this is a slight upgrade, though the results have been equally positive. However, as with the previous model this one comes with the usual disclaimer that only certain kinds of skin and certain kinds of hairs are likely to show the best results. A bit of research in advance should help you to find out if you fall into this category, though compared to older models these newer devices are more forgiving in the breadth of the skin types they will work on. For first timers it can be a lot of money to put down when the outcome might not be as good as you'd hope. After a dozen or so sessions, the results should start to show and in particular thick, nuisance areas will be the most visibly transformed. Finer and lighter hairs might not be as noticeable. The unit itself is typically well built, as with others in the range. Although be aware that the device has a limited number of uses and once expired the whole unit itself will need to be replaced, there are no user replaceable parts.

Rapesco Stapling Set with X5-90ps Less Effort Heavy Duty Stapler and 5,000 x 923/12 mm (23 Type) Staples

4.0 out of 5 stars Power Stapler, 6 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a monster of a stapler - so if you are like me and need to fix together large, multi-page documents, this will eat them up. I need to fix together large documents and contracts for work and sometimes a paperclip just won't cut the mustard. I tested this on a few 30ish page documents and they were comfortably bound in one motion, with no jams or much physical effort on my part. Out of curiosity I also tried the (very) large card box that it arrived in - as this is a pretty big device - and it clipped the card together like it was 80gsm, A4. It might be too big for common usage, but for anyone with regular, larger jobs in hand, this is a great tool to have in the office.

HoMedics Neck and Shoulder Massager with Heat
HoMedics Neck and Shoulder Massager with Heat

4.0 out of 5 stars I feel good!, 15 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used a HoMedics massage seat before and been very happy with the results, so I was similarly looking forward to using this device to treat my various aches and strains. I work on a PC a lot and as such fall into the usual bad habits of poor posture and infrequent breaks. With that in mind, having a portable device to massage the aches in my shoulders and neck is just the ticket. The unit is a lightweight horseshoe shape and can be used when plugged into the mains supply or when powered by batteries. The heating feature can only be used when the mains power is attached, but to be honest I haven't felt the need. Being able to pop the massager on whilst sat at my desk or on the sofa is particularly convenient. The results have been good, a few minutes of massage certainly take away the most of my neck and shoulder aches. Regular use seems to be the key, but I will continue to rely on this device to work on my pains.

Philips GC3809/30 Azur Performer Steam Iron with 140 g Steam Boost, 2400 W, Purple/White
Offered by Cartviva

4.0 out of 5 stars Steam powered, 13 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a well made, all purpose iron - which anyone who is familiar with the Philips range, will have no problem getting used to. The handle is smooth and comfortable to grip and the plate offers little to no resistance when sliding across clothes and fabrics. I typically need an iron to give me crease free work shirts and this offers no challenge to the GC3809/30. Larger items shouldn't pose too much of a problem, and clothes with buttons or pleats haven't been an issue either thanks to the angle of the pointed tip. The Active Calc technology should ensure it remains clean after repeated usage, but only time will tell for sure if it keeps the build up of scale away.

Sony h.ear EX750BT Bluetooth High Resolution In Ear Headphones - Black
Sony h.ear EX750BT Bluetooth High Resolution In Ear Headphones - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds good to me, 11 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are a horseshoe shaped set of wireless headphones, which may look a little odd but are very comfortable to wear. Rather than sitting over the head, these rest behind the neck and the control buttons are at either side - so are positioned on your shoulders. There are a range of differently sized rubber ear buds packaged with the headset and so I had no problem swapping the standard ones for a larger pair that fit in my ears much better. Sound quality is great with nice deep base sounds, though you might need to tweak your treble settings so that they're not lost in the mix. Charging is via micro USB so I have plenty of compatible chargers around the house already. The 7.5 hours of use quoted in the box is about right as I am only topping up the charge once a week now. A really good addition to my morning commute to work.

Socks: The Rule Book: 10 essential rules for the wearing and appreciation of men's hosiery
by Member 001

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart sock guide, 30 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a fun little pocket book that is light hearted enough to raise a smirk, but also has enough detail to make an interesting read. I am typical amongst men who work in offices, in that you fall into a habit of wearing plain suits/shirts with a flash of flare in your socks and ties. Without wanting to be too gaudy there is a fine line between being the guy who wears stylish socks and being the guy who wears clownish socks. As such, this book gives a high level history of sock etiquette, shopping and storing tips. So, if you do want to make sure you have a fashionable yet noticeable set of socks that makes the right kind of statement - then this is a good book to have on your bedside table.

AmazonBasics Packing Cubes - Slim (4-Piece Set), Sky Blue
AmazonBasics Packing Cubes - Slim (4-Piece Set), Sky Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy packing items, 28 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a set of four packing bags that are elongated cube shapes, allowing you to segregate smaller items of clothing within your larger luggage when packing. If you need to keep your smalls, rolled up T-shirts or nightwear separated out within your suitcase, these are just the job. When I unpacked them from the box I was initially a little worried that they were quite lightweight and might not hold up to being stuffed full with items. Luckily I needed to use these for a week's travelling so I could put them to the test. By the time I'd rolled up a week's worth of socks and boxers, they were nicely filled and didn't at all feel like they were in any danger of busting at the seams. Instead, they kept my smaller items in one place, so that they didn't get lost/crumpled within my bag whilst I was travelling. Did the job well and helped keep my bag tidy.

Philip's Multiscale Europe 2017: Spiral A3 (Road Atlas Europe)
Philip's Multiscale Europe 2017: Spiral A3 (Road Atlas Europe)
by Philips
Edition: Spiral-bound

4.0 out of 5 stars Map for European Travel, 16 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Despite having apps and online maps aplenty, there is still a place for physical maps and this is an A3 sized map of Europe, with highly detailed sections on each of the countries within. There are also additional road maps focussing on the larger nations as well as supplementary sections on the smaller countries. With the size of the map book being so large it is unlikely that you will take this on the road with you. I wanted this to help me with a trip across German and Switzerland, so this proved very helpful in the planning stages rather than being something I wanted to take with me. Like with other brands of road atlas, there is a degree of personal preference about the layout but I find the Philips maps to be clear and user friendly, which is all I can ask for in a guide. The additional section of local insight, covering driving regulations and information about ski resorts etc. just make this all the more useful to have before you even leave your driveway.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20