Profile for Sockymon > Reviews

Tefal Pressure Cooker Clipso +
Tefal Pressure Cooker Clipso +

4.0 out of 5 stars Modern Pressure Cooker, 26 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My previous experience of pressure cookers was of the angry, hissing, spitting variety that I used back in the late eighties/early nineties. Thankfully, this is a breed apart from those stove top monstrosities. The unit itself is solidly built, with snug fitting connections that instantly confirm that this is a well designed piece of kitchen equipment. The basic method for using the cooker is still as simple as pressure cooking ever was, but without a lot of the noise and mess that many people understandably find off putting. I make a lot of soups and stews and a good pressure cooker is worth its weight in gold for those. Something I need to take more advantage of is cooking tougher cuts of beef, as they come out moist and tender after being cooked under pressure - so I'll be asking my local butcher for advice on which cuts work out as being particularly cost effective. This cooker allows me to make meals faster and without adding extra oils/calories to my food, a very useful addition to my kitchen.

Sony HDR-PJ410 Full HD Handycam Camcorder with Built-In Projector
Sony HDR-PJ410 Full HD Handycam Camcorder with Built-In Projector

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Portable Camcorder, 19 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First – Could not believe how light the camera is. Having used previous Sony camcorders this is so small and light it is fantastic. It takes a little while to start up but getting recording is really nippy. It is also great that you can take stills while filming.
Second – the built in projector is really interesting, the idea of it seemed really quite gimmicky. However, the reality of it is a really fun addition. Playing back is really easy and the picture is clear and the focussing mechanism is simple.
There is some slight blurring of the image and image stabilisation is not perfect so shows more jerkiness than would be ideal. It works surprisingly well in low light, but have not found a night vision option so far - so I assume there isn't one.
The software that downloads, as most bundled software is, feels quite clunky and works but isn't spectacular. As is the case nowadays there is no proper manual with it, which is really annoying and makes a lot of the finer configuration work trial and error.
The cable in the handgrip is great, but there are lots of cables it links to to make it work, so not sure if it really saves any time at the end of the day.
Overall it is a great little camcorder for throwing in a bag, going on holiday and then reliving the moments whenever or wherever with the built in projector.

Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm Stain - Demure
Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm Stain - Demure

2.0 out of 5 stars Left feeling rough, 2 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a nice size, I thought that the colour is quite neutral and it has a nice little sparkle to it as well. It felt a little waxy when it was first applied but I then found that it dried out really quite quickly. The downside being that it was making my lips feel rough. It also needed applying again after a couple of hours, which was a bit of a disappointment. Didn't really like the feeling and its staying power was not great. The colour was alright but wore off unevenly

Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow - 4.8 g, Addictive
Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow - 4.8 g, Addictive

3.0 out of 5 stars Creamy and easy, 2 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Nice neutral shades in the palette that go well together. It felt a little creamy and applied easily, it lasted for a good couple of hours before it started to gather in the crease lines. Overall nice to use but the colours are really, really neutral, very much something for the day. Does not really accent well and I ended up adding a lot darker eyeliner and a little sparkle dust to make the colours stand out a little more.

Revlon ColorStay Makeup Foundation For Normal/Dry Skin - 30 ml, Buff
Revlon ColorStay Makeup Foundation For Normal/Dry Skin - 30 ml, Buff

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but a little light, 2 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not sure who would wear foundation for 24hrs straight, so I suppose the principle of this foundation is a little odd. I suppose a good 12-14 hours would suit most people and certainly that was the timeframe it was tested in. Really misses having some kind of dispenser, not easy to get out of the bottle. The liquid does feel a little dry so using some kind of primer cream would be good. The liquid goes on well and spreads evenly, there is a slight peachy-ness to the foundation so it won’t suit everyone’s skin shade. It does dry matt but it looks a little ‘flat’ in terms of the colour, not completely natural. It did work well with combination skin which can sometimes be a problem. Overall it is a good light daily foundation, but would probably use something slightly heavier for a big evening out.

Doozers - Meet The Pod Squad [DVD]
Doozers - Meet The Pod Squad [DVD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Down at the Rock, 21 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a CGI spin off series based on the supporting characters from the Henson/Muppet TV Show "Fragile Rock.". Those that remember the original show probably aren't the best people to review this as they're too old now and won't get the same nostalgic enjoyment from this that they would from the original. I think this is also pitched at slightly younger children, so if you're 43 rather than aged 3, you can skip this. Otherwise, it's a colourful children's show that is neither violent or crude, so it's good, wholesome entertainment that's broken down into short, bite sized episodes. The stories are simple and generally focus on fixing/resolving problems, so whilst not moralising, the characters do make reasonably good role models for impressionable youngsters.

Esselte Pendaflex A4 Vertical Suspension Files - Assorted (Pack of 10)
Esselte Pendaflex A4 Vertical Suspension Files - Assorted (Pack of 10)

3.0 out of 5 stars Bright Filing, 8 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are a set of A4 sized suspension files that will fit most standard filing cabinet drawers. Unlike the usual brand that I am familiar with at work, these come in a pleasing range of bright colours, not just typical . Since I wanted them for my home office, I can use the colours to code my own filing system for bills and things. The card is fairly thick, but not so thick that it feels heavy and the seams are well sealed with reinforcing tape. Whilst there are cheaper ones available, these will do the job well enough for me. The hanging fittings are good and the hinged bottoms will allow plenty of files to be securely stored without crumpling them.

Wahl Flex Rechargeable Massager
Wahl Flex Rechargeable Massager

4.0 out of 5 stars Hits The Spot, 15 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had been looking for a device similar to this because of a recurring ache I get in my left shoulder, generally caused by getting older and the usual wear and tear. When I first unpacked it from the box, I was a little concerned as the casing of the unit feels a little lightweight. To hold, it is still has a good enough weight to it, so that you can tell it has a decent enough motor in it - it's just that the plastic casing feels a bit flimsy. Also, the hinged/bendable bit in the middle didn't feel as though it would take much pressure.

However, once I started to use it, all my immediate reservations went out of the window. The motor does indeed have plenty of power to it, charged from a detachable mains adapter. There is a selection of replaceable tips to the main unit, the wedge shape for fingers and the round nub for targeted areas have proven to be particularly useful. A recharge once a week seems to be enough for me to use it most nights before bed, with the results being between very good and surprisingly good. The tightness in my shoulder area is something that recurs fairly often for me, and whilst this won't get rid of it, it certainly helps loosen things up and helps me get more comfortable.

TDK T62120 WR780 Wireless Headphones for Smartphone - Gold/Brown
TDK T62120 WR780 Wireless Headphones for Smartphone - Gold/Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Wire(less) For Sound, 6 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are a pair of large, but comfortable wireless headphones. Having recently ported a goodly chunk of my music collection to my Lumina 820 phone, I wanted to be able to listen to my tunes around the house with something a little better than the packaged, wired earphones that I use when I'm on the go.

These headphones are not just Bluetooth wireless, they also support NFC connectivity, so pairing with them before use is just a case of tapping my phone on the side of the headset then the rest syncs automatically. A very handy feature. The headphones themselves are charged using the bundled micro-USB cable, though you've probably got a dozen around the house that are compatible.

The sound is very good, easily the best headphones I've used in a long while, though I am used to little in-the-ear phones, so we're not comparing like for like. Whilst these are much larger than my previous earphones, they are still light enough to wear for long periods and there is very little leakage of noise to disturb other people in the room.

Braun NTF3000 No Touch Plus Forehead Digital Thermometer
Braun NTF3000 No Touch Plus Forehead Digital Thermometer

4.0 out of 5 stars Touch-Free Temperature, 30 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an electronic thermometer, which has the added bonus of not requiring physical contact to take a reading. For anyone with small children, for example, who aren't comfortable with being poked/prodded when they're being examined. The device is small and fits in one hand easily. The display screen is also clear and makes the actual taking of reading to be much easier than trying to get a clear glimpse of a thread of mercury (if your eyes are anything like mine). Having compared readings with a regular thermometer too, I'm happy with the accuracy of this device, even though it takes its measurements from a few centimetres away from the skin.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20