Profile for Sockymon > Reviews

Content by Sockymon

Sockymon (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Scholl Velvet Smooth Diamond Pedi Extra Coarse Hard Skin Remover Refill - Pack of 2
Offered by Virunga

4.0 out of 5 stars Extra coarse pedicure, 17 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got the skin remover to help with removing hard skin from my feet and on my fingers and I didn't want to be caught out without some effective rollers if the packages set went through extended use. Having used the rollers packaged with my original Pedi Extra, I was surprised how durable they are and how much wear and tear they will take without it feeling like it's not doing the job anymore. These rollers are a little more abrasive than the standard set, so if you have some nuisance coarse skin then these would come strongly recommended. Very easy to fit into the hand unit and just as comfortable to use as the standard rollers.

Scholl Velvet Smooth Diamond Pedi Extra Coarse Power Hard Skin Remover
Scholl Velvet Smooth Diamond Pedi Extra Coarse Power Hard Skin Remover

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth polished skin, 17 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As unpleasant as it may be to visualise, I do sometimes suffer from patches of hardened skin around the balls of my feet and the joints of my fingers. I have tried various abrasive lotions and potions, or moisturizers but they've never quite done the job of making the skin soften or the hardness clear up. I saw these gadgets and thought that they seemed a bit like power tools for your feet, but I am really happy to have tried them because they are 1) nowhere near as uncomfortable to use as I thought ad 2) so much more effective than anything I've used previously. The rotating head is powered by an internal motor and strikes a perfect balance between being strong enough to clear away the hard skin, but does not hurt the area that it being used on. It's a little loud when you use it, but to be honest it only takes a few moments to smooth off any hard areas that I've tried it on. It feels more like a skin polisher than the grinder I was expecting, very handy to have.

Philips Satin Soft Wet and Dry Epilator
Philips Satin Soft Wet and Dry Epilator

3.0 out of 5 stars As good as epilators get, 17 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Admittedly I like the idea of epilators more than the reality of my experience using them. Being able to get a smooth finish that is as good as waxing but with none of the mess and hassle should be ideal, but the discomfort from using them just outweighs any of the benefits. This is definitely one of the better models that I have tried, in terms of comfort - I didn't want to break down in tears halfway though! However, the end result seemed to reflect that this wasn't quite as 'aggressive' as other epilators, in that the smoothness of my legs afterwards just wasn't as good as it could have been, or alternatively where I had to apply repeated use it actually started to rub uncomfortable on my skin. For those that get on with epilators, this might well be worth a try, but for people like me who don't - I haven't been converted.

Tefal Pressure Cooker Clipso +
Tefal Pressure Cooker Clipso +

4.0 out of 5 stars Modern Pressure Cooker, 26 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My previous experience of pressure cookers was of the angry, hissing, spitting variety that I used back in the late eighties/early nineties. Thankfully, this is a breed apart from those stove top monstrosities. The unit itself is solidly built, with snug fitting connections that instantly confirm that this is a well designed piece of kitchen equipment. The basic method for using the cooker is still as simple as pressure cooking ever was, but without a lot of the noise and mess that many people understandably find off putting. I make a lot of soups and stews and a good pressure cooker is worth its weight in gold for those. Something I need to take more advantage of is cooking tougher cuts of beef, as they come out moist and tender after being cooked under pressure - so I'll be asking my local butcher for advice on which cuts work out as being particularly cost effective. This cooker allows me to make meals faster and without adding extra oils/calories to my food, a very useful addition to my kitchen.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2015 3:25 PM BST

Sony HDR-PJ410 Full HD Handycam Camcorder with Built-In Projector
Sony HDR-PJ410 Full HD Handycam Camcorder with Built-In Projector

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Portable Camcorder, 19 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First – Could not believe how light the camera is. Having used previous Sony camcorders this is so small and light it is fantastic. It takes a little while to start up but getting recording is really nippy. It is also great that you can take stills while filming.
Second – the built in projector is really interesting, the idea of it seemed really quite gimmicky. However, the reality of it is a really fun addition. Playing back is really easy and the picture is clear and the focussing mechanism is simple.
There is some slight blurring of the image and image stabilisation is not perfect so shows more jerkiness than would be ideal. It works surprisingly well in low light, but have not found a night vision option so far - so I assume there isn't one.
The software that downloads, as most bundled software is, feels quite clunky and works but isn't spectacular. As is the case nowadays there is no proper manual with it, which is really annoying and makes a lot of the finer configuration work trial and error.
The cable in the handgrip is great, but there are lots of cables it links to to make it work, so not sure if it really saves any time at the end of the day.
Overall it is a great little camcorder for throwing in a bag, going on holiday and then reliving the moments whenever or wherever with the built in projector.

Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm Stain - Demure
Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm Stain - Demure

2.0 out of 5 stars Left feeling rough, 2 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a nice size, I thought that the colour is quite neutral and it has a nice little sparkle to it as well. It felt a little waxy when it was first applied but I then found that it dried out really quite quickly. The downside being that it was making my lips feel rough. It also needed applying again after a couple of hours, which was a bit of a disappointment. Didn't really like the feeling and its staying power was not great. The colour was alright but wore off unevenly

Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow - 4.8 g, Addictive
Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow - 4.8 g, Addictive

3.0 out of 5 stars Creamy and easy, 2 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Nice neutral shades in the palette that go well together. It felt a little creamy and applied easily, it lasted for a good couple of hours before it started to gather in the crease lines. Overall nice to use but the colours are really, really neutral, very much something for the day. Does not really accent well and I ended up adding a lot darker eyeliner and a little sparkle dust to make the colours stand out a little more.

Revlon ColorStay Makeup Foundation for Normal/Dry Skin - 30 ml, Buff
Revlon ColorStay Makeup Foundation for Normal/Dry Skin - 30 ml, Buff
Offered by BrightRetail

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but a little light, 2 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not sure who would wear foundation for 24hrs straight, so I suppose the principle of this foundation is a little odd. I suppose a good 12-14 hours would suit most people and certainly that was the timeframe it was tested in. Really misses having some kind of dispenser, not easy to get out of the bottle. The liquid does feel a little dry so using some kind of primer cream would be good. The liquid goes on well and spreads evenly, there is a slight peachy-ness to the foundation so it won’t suit everyone’s skin shade. It does dry matt but it looks a little ‘flat’ in terms of the colour, not completely natural. It did work well with combination skin which can sometimes be a problem. Overall it is a good light daily foundation, but would probably use something slightly heavier for a big evening out.

Doozers - Meet The Pod Squad [DVD]
Doozers - Meet The Pod Squad [DVD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Down at the Rock, 21 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a CGI spin off series based on the supporting characters from the Henson/Muppet TV Show "Fragile Rock.". Those that remember the original show probably aren't the best people to review this as they're too old now and won't get the same nostalgic enjoyment from this that they would from the original. I think this is also pitched at slightly younger children, so if you're 43 rather than aged 3, you can skip this. Otherwise, it's a colourful children's show that is neither violent or crude, so it's good, wholesome entertainment that's broken down into short, bite sized episodes. The stories are simple and generally focus on fixing/resolving problems, so whilst not moralising, the characters do make reasonably good role models for impressionable youngsters.

Esselte Pendaflex A4 Vertical Suspension Files - Assorted, Pack of 10
Esselte Pendaflex A4 Vertical Suspension Files - Assorted, Pack of 10

3.0 out of 5 stars Bright Filing, 8 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are a set of A4 sized suspension files that will fit most standard filing cabinet drawers. Unlike the usual brand that I am familiar with at work, these come in a pleasing range of bright colours, not just typical . Since I wanted them for my home office, I can use the colours to code my own filing system for bills and things. The card is fairly thick, but not so thick that it feels heavy and the seams are well sealed with reinforcing tape. Whilst there are cheaper ones available, these will do the job well enough for me. The hanging fittings are good and the hinged bottoms will allow plenty of files to be securely stored without crumpling them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20