Profile for Sockymon > Reviews

Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm Stain - Demure
Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm Stain - Demure

2.0 out of 5 stars Left feeling rough, 2 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a nice size, I thought that the colour is quite neutral and it has a nice little sparkle to it as well. It felt a little waxy when it was first applied but I then found that it dried out really quite quickly. The downside being that it was making my lips feel rough. It also needed applying again after a couple of hours, which was a bit of a disappointment. Didn't really like the feeling and its staying power was not great. The colour was alright but wore off unevenly

Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow - 4.8 g, Addictive
Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow - 4.8 g, Addictive

3.0 out of 5 stars Creamy and easy, 2 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Nice neutral shades in the palette that go well together. It felt a little creamy and applied easily, it lasted for a good couple of hours before it started to gather in the crease lines. Overall nice to use but the colours are really, really neutral, very much something for the day. Does not really accent well and I ended up adding a lot darker eyeliner and a little sparkle dust to make the colours stand out a little more.

Revlon ColorStay Makeup Foundation For Normal/Dry Skin - 30 ml, Buff
Revlon ColorStay Makeup Foundation For Normal/Dry Skin - 30 ml, Buff
Offered by Miss Sunshine Boutique

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but a little light, 2 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not sure who would wear foundation for 24hrs straight, so I suppose the principle of this foundation is a little odd. I suppose a good 12-14 hours would suit most people and certainly that was the timeframe it was tested in. Really misses having some kind of dispenser, not easy to get out of the bottle. The liquid does feel a little dry so using some kind of primer cream would be good. The liquid goes on well and spreads evenly, there is a slight peachy-ness to the foundation so it won’t suit everyone’s skin shade. It does dry matt but it looks a little ‘flat’ in terms of the colour, not completely natural. It did work well with combination skin which can sometimes be a problem. Overall it is a good light daily foundation, but would probably use something slightly heavier for a big evening out.

Doozers - Meet The Pod Squad [DVD]
Doozers - Meet The Pod Squad [DVD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Down at the Rock, 21 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a CGI spin off series based on the supporting characters from the Henson/Muppet TV Show "Fragile Rock.". Those that remember the original show probably aren't the best people to review this as they're too old now and won't get the same nostalgic enjoyment from this that they would from the original. I think this is also pitched at slightly younger children, so if you're 43 rather than aged 3, you can skip this. Otherwise, it's a colourful children's show that is neither violent or crude, so it's good, wholesome entertainment that's broken down into short, bite sized episodes. The stories are simple and generally focus on fixing/resolving problems, so whilst not moralising, the characters do make reasonably good role models for impressionable youngsters.

Esselte Pendaflex A4 Vertical Suspension Files - Assorted (Pack of 10)
Esselte Pendaflex A4 Vertical Suspension Files - Assorted (Pack of 10)

3.0 out of 5 stars Bright Filing, 8 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are a set of A4 sized suspension files that will fit most standard filing cabinet drawers. Unlike the usual brand that I am familiar with at work, these come in a pleasing range of bright colours, not just typical . Since I wanted them for my home office, I can use the colours to code my own filing system for bills and things. The card is fairly thick, but not so thick that it feels heavy and the seams are well sealed with reinforcing tape. Whilst there are cheaper ones available, these will do the job well enough for me. The hanging fittings are good and the hinged bottoms will allow plenty of files to be securely stored without crumpling them.

Wahl Flex Rechargeable Massager
Wahl Flex Rechargeable Massager

4.0 out of 5 stars Hits The Spot, 15 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had been looking for a device similar to this because of a recurring ache I get in my left shoulder, generally caused by getting older and the usual wear and tear. When I first unpacked it from the box, I was a little concerned as the casing of the unit feels a little lightweight. To hold, it is still has a good enough weight to it, so that you can tell it has a decent enough motor in it - it's just that the plastic casing feels a bit flimsy. Also, the hinged/bendable bit in the middle didn't feel as though it would take much pressure.

However, once I started to use it, all my immediate reservations went out of the window. The motor does indeed have plenty of power to it, charged from a detachable mains adapter. There is a selection of replaceable tips to the main unit, the wedge shape for fingers and the round nub for targeted areas have proven to be particularly useful. A recharge once a week seems to be enough for me to use it most nights before bed, with the results being between very good and surprisingly good. The tightness in my shoulder area is something that recurs fairly often for me, and whilst this won't get rid of it, it certainly helps loosen things up and helps me get more comfortable.

TDK T62120 WR780 Wireless Headphones for Smartphone - Gold/Brown
TDK T62120 WR780 Wireless Headphones for Smartphone - Gold/Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Wire(less) For Sound, 6 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are a pair of large, but comfortable wireless headphones. Having recently ported a goodly chunk of my music collection to my Lumina 820 phone, I wanted to be able to listen to my tunes around the house with something a little better than the packaged, wired earphones that I use when I'm on the go.

These headphones are not just Bluetooth wireless, they also support NFC connectivity, so pairing with them before use is just a case of tapping my phone on the side of the headset then the rest syncs automatically. A very handy feature. The headphones themselves are charged using the bundled micro-USB cable, though you've probably got a dozen around the house that are compatible.

The sound is very good, easily the best headphones I've used in a long while, though I am used to little in-the-ear phones, so we're not comparing like for like. Whilst these are much larger than my previous earphones, they are still light enough to wear for long periods and there is very little leakage of noise to disturb other people in the room.

Braun NTF3000 No Touch Plus Forehead Digital Thermometer
Braun NTF3000 No Touch Plus Forehead Digital Thermometer

4.0 out of 5 stars Touch-Free Temperature, 30 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an electronic thermometer, which has the added bonus of not requiring physical contact to take a reading. For anyone with small children, for example, who aren't comfortable with being poked/prodded when they're being examined. The device is small and fits in one hand easily. The display screen is also clear and makes the actual taking of reading to be much easier than trying to get a clear glimpse of a thread of mercury (if your eyes are anything like mine). Having compared readings with a regular thermometer too, I'm happy with the accuracy of this device, even though it takes its measurements from a few centimetres away from the skin.

Toshiba Mini 3D Sound Bar II with Wireless Sub Woofer and Sonic Emotion Absolute 3D sound technology
Offered by Mayaz Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Addicted to Bass, 22 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I already had the Toshiba Mini 3D Sound Bar I before I got this, which on the whole I was satisfied with. For such a small form factor, I thought the general compromise on sound/output was a fair compromise. On some very bass-y tones there was distortion, but overall it was fine. However, having now upgraded to the model II now, I can immediately see and hear the improvements.

The size of the bar is still as streamlined as ever, so it takes up no extra surface space under my TV. The HDMI sockets are an added bonus, even though I am only currently using the regular line-in input from my TV. Bluetooth syncing with my phone is a coddle now that the bar is NFC compatible - one tap and I'm streaming my tunes, a brilliant feature.

The subwoofer comes with a very short power cable, which puzzled me for a second, until I realised it too is now wireless, so it can be located further away from the TV so as to maximise the surround sound style effect of the bass. Also, the tiny remote control from the model I has been improved with a decent sized unit that actually fits in your hand and is comfy to use.

Overall, a total improvement on the original that retains all the best parts of the first model. Well worth considering if you want to boost your TV sound without filling your living room with large speakers. If you already have the first model, still worth considering as an upgrade.

Cole & Mason 165 mm Dark Wood Morley Crank Pepper Mill, Brown
Cole & Mason 165 mm Dark Wood Morley Crank Pepper Mill, Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Grinder, 14 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been using the same salt and pepper grinder set for a number of years now, but they have seen better days. They are the common 'twist at the top' variety of grinders. I like to try different kinds of peppercorns and some of the larger and harder corns just weren't being broken up by my old grinder. This immediately took my eye as it has a wooden finish, rather than the clear Perspex of my old set - it looks much better sat on the side of the table. It wasn't until it arrived that I realised how large it is though, probably twice the size of a standard pepper grinder, although after a couple of uses it quickly stopped seeming strange. The grinding mechanism is ultra smooth and even tougher peppercorns offer no resistance at all. The larger handle gives excellent purchase and for something that's so simple, I hadn't really considered how much of a nuisance my old set were. Now I just need to get a matching one for my salt...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20