Profile for Hali > Reviews

Content by Hali

Hali (Thailand)

Page: 1 | 2
The Tao of Pooh (The Wisdom of Pooh)
The Tao of Pooh (The Wisdom of Pooh)
by Benjamin Hoff

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite books, 19 Jun. 2014
I was given this book as a gift and then I bought it for a friend as a gift. This book is calming, insightful and at times funny, it was really nice to read such a positive outlook on life when I wasn't feeling that positive. Lovely book.

The Toymaker's workshop and Other Tales: Role Play in the Early Years Drama Activities for 3-7 year-olds
by Jo Boulton

5.0 out of 5 stars Great in schools, 19 Jun. 2014
I've worked my way through this book with a range of different schools. I found this book works best with year 2 and some year 1 classes. The activities are inspiring, imaginative and are fantastic for helping children to work together, organically children can choose what kind of role they want to play and whether or not they want to take the lead or stand back. As a drama teacher this book did all the work for me and was an absolute joy to teach, such a great buy.

Play Time: A selection of plays by the bestselling author of THE GRUFFALO
Play Time: A selection of plays by the bestselling author of THE GRUFFALO
by Julia Donaldson

4.0 out of 5 stars Good range of plays, 19 Jun. 2014
I've used this book with lots of my drama clubs and there is a good range of stories and most of them are quite funny. It would have been handy to have a couple of shorter one page plays, perhaps a few duologues which could have been worked on in a shorter period of time. Overall this book has been very handy!

BT Décor 2200 Corded Telephone - White
BT Décor 2200 Corded Telephone - White

1.0 out of 5 stars Needs batteries, 19 Jun. 2014
I bought this phone because it was one of the cheapest available, unfortunately it requires 4 aa batteries which seems ridiculous because its not even cordless. We don't ever use it and I seriously regret ever buying it.

Mary & Max [DVD]
Mary & Max [DVD]
Dvd ~ Toni Collette

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, gentle film, 19 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Mary & Max [DVD] (DVD)
This film is a rare gem, its beautifully made and tells a wonderful story. I have bought this film as a gift for several people who have all loved it. Buy it, you will not regret it.

Homegear Aspen Deluxe 6ft Christmas Tree
Homegear Aspen Deluxe 6ft Christmas Tree

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 19 Jun. 2014
Great value, and surprisingly better quality than I expected. The branches are a lovely rich green colour, and it stood pride of place in our living room not leaving any annoying pines on the ground. Excellent delivery time, came earlier than I expected during the crazy Christmas post. Can't wait to put it up again next year!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value!, 17 Mar. 2011
My boyfriend and I stocked up before we emigrated to Thailand as we were told by a friend that he had struggled to find any to fit while he was out here. (True or not)! Condoms abroad are very expensive, especially durex so I'm happy we did, and so far I am baby and disease free, so the world is looking bright!

Battery Charger for Fuji NP45 / NP-45 / NP-45A / NP45A / BC-45 / BC-45A / BC-45W for Select Fujifilm Finepix Digital Camera (Models Stated Below) World Travel Plug Version - UK/USA/Europe+
Offered by abcproducts

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 17 Mar. 2011
This is the second additional charger I have had to buy for my camera as I misplaced the original one and the one I replaced it with broke within a few uses. This one (knock on wood) seems built to last a lot longer and I have had no trouble with it since purchase.

Mosiband Insect Repellent Bands Pack Of 2 - DEET [Personal Care]
Mosiband Insect Repellent Bands Pack Of 2 - DEET [Personal Care]
Offered by MDC Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Effective, 17 Mar. 2011
I bought these in a massive hurry (along with everything else I had to take) a few days before I was to leave for Thailand. So it is my fault that I didn't realise I was only getting 2 bands (as it does say quite clearly 2 pack in the description). As I only looked at the picture I thought I was going to get the whole lot, which would have been a real bargain.
I also got the black ones which disappointed me again as the rest of them are all colourful, but I didn't request a colourful one, so again my fault.
They work really well in conjunction with deet 55, I didn't dare to try it without so don't know if it could ward them off on their own, with the deet I didn't get bitten at all.
I did go into the sea with the band and it ruined it, since then I have been bitten a lot - so those extra bands would have been helpful!
The strap is also adjustable as the clasp comes on and off.
I do think they should be a bit cheaper though as they are easily lost or damaged!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars magical stuff, 17 Mar. 2011
Whilst I'm sure it's not particularly good for the environment or living beings this is kryptonite to mosquito's, they hate it and I hate them so winners all around.
You are only supposed to use it in extreme conditions, so I use deet 55 which is less effective, when I had the wristbands (before they got wet and ruined) I didn't get bitten at all.
I haven't used the 100 in the jungle yet (which is when you are supposed to use it) but I was staying in the mountains in Thailand where there were millions of the evil creatures and I was the only person not bitten.

Page: 1 | 2