Profile for Ms. K. Arthur > Reviews

Ms. K. Arthur

Hannah Waterman's Body Blitz [DVD]
Hannah Waterman's Body Blitz [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good workout!, 23 Oct. 2012
I've only used this DVD a couple of times so far (my laziness is a constant factor) but every time I rouse myself to do the workout, I can see how Hannah went from a size 16 to size 6! It's very intense, but the trainers with Hannah are very good, and the rhythms let you go at your own pace if you can't quite manage it to begin with.

I love the fact that the workout is split into 4 segments, so if you're in a rush, you can do one segment and leave it at that. It's also got a diet plan on the DVD - eating little and often is the key!

Very impressed, although I didn't realise that one segment would use weights to help you tone up so beware of that! Luckily my housemate has weights I could borrow :)

Would definitely recommend - you have to keep at it!

The Hunger Games Trilogy
The Hunger Games Trilogy
by Suzanne Collins

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but a bit dark, 23 Oct. 2012
An absolutely fantastic, but quite dark book! I watched the film first, so I was really interested in seeing how the two differed. It was interesting to read it from the point of view of Katniss, as in third person I don't think you would completely 'get' the character, and how she's feeling.

The second two books blew my mind away - it started off in the direction I expected, and then ran away in a complete change from what I expected. I loved the twist with Peeta, but I think the love triangle between Peeta, Gale and Katniss was a bit more drawn out than it could have been. I can see why, as it is integral to the ending, but the pulling towards both characters is a bit unnecessary, and it was a shame to find out what happened to Prim and Gale in the last book.

Other than those two quibbles, I do enjoy seeing Katniss 'thaw' out as a character as she develops, I thought she was a bit too aloof in the first book.

It will certainly be interesting to see how they develop the next two books into films!

Would recommend.

Dreams Made Flesh
Dreams Made Flesh
by Anne Bishop
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Another classic!, 23 Oct. 2012
Another fantastic book by Anne Bishop! I don't want to give too much away, but it goes into detail about a couple of things you wonder about in the Black Jewels trilogy, such as how Lucivar met Marian etc.

I love Anne Bishop's books and this was another case of me totally ignoring my boyfriend whilst I had to find out what happens next on each page.

Would recommend this to everyone who's already read the Black Jewels trilogy, but for goodness sake don't read it before or you will have massive spoilers!

Daughter of the Empire
Daughter of the Empire
by Raymond E. Feist

5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning end to the first book, 19 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Daughter of the Empire (Paperback)
I have literally just finished reading this book, and wow, what a book!
A story of despair, sorrow, triumph, hate, cunning and so much more, this book surpasses what I expected and now I have to read the second part whilst finishing my university studies!

I've not read Raymond Feist before (or Janny Wurts); I happened to pick up this book and read the first few pages, and it gripped me to the point where I was walking around town with my nose in the book just to see what happened next.

An amazing story, I truly cannot wait to read the next chapter of Mara of Acoma's life, and see what dangers she has to face.

You have to read this book, it will grip you like none other, and make you feel as if you are standing beside each character, feeling what they feel.