Profile for AnaW > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
MINIRIG Portable Rechargeable Bluetooth Speaker PURPLE
MINIRIG Portable Rechargeable Bluetooth Speaker PURPLE
Offered by etailz UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine for one or two, difficulties with the subwoofer, and ignore the app., 28 July 2017
I bought a stereo 2.1 (two speakers + subwoofer + cables + cases) from the company directly. It all arrived quickly and professionally packed.
I charged them without issue, connected both speakers in stereo via bluetooth without issue. Sound was great. So far so good. Sadly that's where the joy ended and 5 days of frustration began.

Firstly, the small issue of stereo+subwoofer connection: they conveniently forgot to include the splitter cable, so if I want wired, I can only have them daisy-chained (not ideal.

And that's the other bee in the ointment. Despite the set being sold as "wireless", the subwoofer needs to be plugged in. Not much issue,
except that with both of the speakers I was sent, the moment the speakers have a plug in them, bluetooth connectivity dies. There's no way to have them connected as advertised in the manual at all.

I've been dealing with their tech support for the last five days, in increasingly frustrating interactions, where they've even asked me to film myself trying to do the connection (because we all have a film crew in this age of social media, right? right!). Truth of the matter is, the bluetooth speakers+subwoofer just does not work. They've kept repeating the procedure in increasingly condesdencing tones, including telling me to call their repair person, and conveniently forgetting to add the actual phone number I am supposed to call. Even a full factory reset of them or following their instructions step by step didn't do the trick.

I've had the set for 5 days. I haven't been able to use it for any of those days, and I've wasted around a full day trying all the permutations and photos and videos they keep asking me to do, which then get ignored, as they are telling me I might be doing something I am clearly not doing in the video, or using an application that I am clearly not using because the screenshot is from iOS and not their beta app (which btw, they insisted I should try to us on my first communication).

So basically... you want just one? Go ahead. You want two speakers? again, that works. The procedure for stereo pairing is a bit clunky but I'd give them 4 stars there, and would knock one down for the abysmal customer support.

And just forget about the subwoofer if you want to use bluetooth with it, wait until they develop a way of also have it wireless, because it's obvious it's not working well right now.

EDITED TO ADD: I've managed to connect it all properly, by doing the one thing they specifically tell you NOT to do, which is to plug in the cables with the unit turned on. I guess I am at fault for being one of those who RTFM before using something. Good grief. Still knocking down two stars for the hell that has been tech support. If I had known this when I bought the pack, I would have bought the stereo set and ignored the subwoofer.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 3, 2017 11:59 AM BST

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid style 10, 21 Mar. 2017
Really poor stitching, the harness is made of really thin flimsy elastic. Avoid this style.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, this is useless, 23 July 2016
This is a great idea very poorly executed. Absolutely useless. The delivery system does not work well on mine; nothing comes out when I click no matter how long I wait, but every time I open it I find there's at least 1cm of unused product that has come out while it was not in use. All that product? Wasted. Application doesn't glide as it should. Once you finally managed to put it on, it crumbles anyway and you're left with eyeliner that appears to have been eaten by moths. And it's not an application problem either: my friend swears by this, says she never has any problem with the application but I can see the eyeliner crumbling in her make-up after a couple of hours, so obviously it's a fault in the product itself. I also bought it from in person from a Benefit counter at a reputed department store so it was obviously not a fake.

I normally use either liquid or gel liner from a pot. I never have issues, so I've gone back to those. If I could, I would ask for my money back.

New, Sealed Maybelline Color Tattoo Pomegranate Punk By Eyestudio 24hr Eye Shadow

4.0 out of 5 stars so I was disappointed, but it works well as a dupe at ..., 18 July 2016
Ok product, very similar to the now discontinued Illamasqua's Resolute liquid metal in consistency and shade. I was expecting a cooler colour, so I was disappointed, but it works well as a dupe at a fraction of the price.

sourcingmap® Travel 30ML Capacity Cosmetic Press Pump Spray Bottle Empty Container 5 Pcs Clear
Offered by Ascot City

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 18 July 2016
They're ok, but the caps sometimes don't lock in place, risking spraying whatever is around them.

Perfect Summer 10ml Chameleon Colour Change Glitter UV Gel Polish Acrylic Nail Art Soak Off Metallic Color Varnish #10
Offered by perfect summer

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised., 18 July 2016
The photo with the green flakes "LP" is not a photo of the actual product, but of a different company's product, with the Perfect Summer bottle digitally added into it. Product might be good but I would distrust any company that needs to do this and would stay clear of them on principle.

New Womens Cowl Gathered Neckline Contrast Insert Ladies Sleeveless Stretch Long Vest T-Shirt Top Burgundy Size 24 - 26
Offered by Crazy Girls

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong colour and small, but ok-ish, 13 May 2016
This top has pros and cons. Let's start with the cons:
-sizing runs small, not by *far*, but enough to make it slightly awkward
- the photo shows the cowl reaching around the waist; this is not the case and it reaches maybe just under my bust
- the inside white in the one I got was WAY too big, to the point that it was draping like a second cowl on me, despite the bottom of the top being slightly tight. This, and the comments about the colour running into the white made me take the easiest approach, grab a pair of scissors and remove it; I will use my own camis underneath and avoid the hassle
- the colour I ordered was burgundy; what arrived was bright tomato red. I don't have time to send it back so it will do, but do not believe the colours in the photos, and the difference is just too great in hue and intensity to be a simple "colour may vary in different monitors"
- fabric is rather thin

Pro:
- price
- design is flattering

For the price, you can barely get a cami even at a supermarket; if you need something inexpensive for a one-off or to deconstruct for an experiment or particular look, this is great, just don't expect couture; this is as close to disposable fashion as you can get.

chendongdong – Professional Metallic Handle Make-Up Brushes #201
chendongdong – Professional Metallic Handle Make-Up Brushes #201
Offered by Kfnire

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price, 17 Feb. 2016
I got brush 201. I was expecting something closer to a pencil brush; it's soft but it splays open when I try to use it. The handle definitely feels cheap and too light. It's good value for money, to be fair, just not quite what I was expecting. I'd think it would work for some controlled highlighting or contouring.

LONG CARDIGAN, Flowy: Wine, UK 24-26
LONG CARDIGAN, Flowy: Wine, UK 24-26

2.0 out of 5 stars Good length but very bad fit, 17 Feb. 2016
The length is perfect, I am 5'7 and it reaches my ankles, which is what I was expecting. Sadly the rest of the sizing is dubious. I ordered one size above my usual and according to the size chart in the product description. The arms are TIGHT, the front sides are 8" appart. What arrived is far from what is advertised. if you're aiming for something that clearly hangs open, then this will work. If you want some semblance of fit and closure, even if it's just to avoid looking like it's too small? then this will not work.

The fabric and manufacturing are what I would expect for the price, but the flow is great, and just because of that it gets an extra star.

Kinesiology Tape Featuring Latest Strapping and Taping Applications For Best Results - Best Therapeutic Sports Tape for Injury and Performance - Ideal for Knee, Shoulder, Elbow, Ankle, Neck Pain and Much More - Superior Waterproof Technology and Adhesion - Latex Free - FDA & CE Approved - Available in Black, Pink and Blue - (Pink)
Offered by MasterofMuscle

2.0 out of 5 stars Might work for you but it's definitely not usable for me., 27 Oct. 2015
I've been a bit torn about what rating and review to leave for this. There are some great things about this tape, and some bad things.
The great things:
- the support, when it stays, is really the best I've used so far.
- the booklet they send you is brilliant
- there is support all the way through, although the emails every other day can get a bit tiring after a while

Now the not so great:
- the glue seems to be hit or miss in terms of sticking: when it does, it sticks good, but most of the time, for me, it's been peeling off within minutes of application, and once it does this, it will not stay no matter what you do, and if you try to cut it below the non-sticking point, the new edge will still peel away even if it was sticking before; this happens randomly and no matter how much I "activate" the glue by rubbing as instructed. I've always used the tape on dry, clean skin with no body hair underneath, and the peeling areas aren't always on the ends, but sometimes on the middle of the taped lengths. This of course also affect the longevity of your taping, and most of the time I've had to peel off the whole sorry mess after a couple of hours; this can, of course, get very expensive very quickly
- when the glue *does* stick, it can be quite painful to remove; there just doesn't seem to be a sensible middle ground with this
- the glue has given me an allergic reaction that started with a tingling and blossomed into blisters. Interestingly, these happened right on the edge of the peeling areas; I know have to ugly scars on my foot thanks to this tape, and I don't know when they will vanish.

I'll have to conclude that, while the weave of the tape itself seems to be really good, there are problems with the manufacturing that affect the glue, making it way too expensive for the service provided. Sadly I've had to settle for less supportive tape with much better glue that won't give me blisters and that can stay on for longer; I'll have less support but at least I'll still have my skin afterwards.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 6, 2015 1:42 AM GMT