Profile for Mirko Zagami > Reviews

Content by Mirko Zagami

Mirko Zagami "Geekie" (Malta)

Page: 1 | 2
WD 2TB Black My Passport Ultra Portable External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBBKD0020BBK-EESN

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for backups or to store media files, 30 May 2016
Compact, portable and with quick data transfer speeds. Two thumbs up!

Cocoon GRID-IT Organiser - Medium (black)
Cocoon GRID-IT Organiser - Medium (black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome piece of kit, 30 May 2016
Excellent item to keep all of my cables and gadgets organized and not having to fish them from the bottom of my bag whenever I need them

Lee Cooper Workwear Men's 210 Cargo Long Work Trouser - Black/Black, 42W
Lee Cooper Workwear Men's 210 Cargo Long Work Trouser - Black/Black, 42W

2.0 out of 5 stars Extremely small fit, 30 May 2016
Trousers has a much smaller fit than what was advertised

Orzly® - OnePlus ONE Premium Tempered Glass 0.24mm Protective Screen Protector for the Original Premier Launch Model of SmartPhone called 'ONE' by ONE PLUS (Alias: New 2014 Release Version / First Ever Flagship Model of Smart Phone released by 'ONE PLUS' known as the 'ONE' / etc.)
Offered by G-Hub

5.0 out of 5 stars Premium product at a low price, 18 Aug. 2014
I succeeded in installing the screen in around 2 minutes (give or take a minute to read the instructions). Apart from the safety aspect of having a tempered glass protector, this screen is oleophobic, thus making finger print smudges a thing of the past.
Thickness wise, the screen is barely noticeable once you have installed it. People who didn't know it was there, didn't notice it at all.

kwmobile Practical and chic FLIP COVER case for OnePlus One in black
kwmobile Practical and chic FLIP COVER case for OnePlus One in black
Offered by KW-Commerce

1.0 out of 5 stars The material is also of poor fabrication, having the feel of plastic on cardboard, 18 Aug. 2014
I just received the case, and upon inserting my mobile in, I immediately noticed that the flap is not magnetic (or rather not magnetic enough) to keep the case closed. Apart from this, it mis-aligns with the front of the mobile, making the led indicator barely visible. The material is also of poor fabrication, having the feel of plastic on cardboard. Steer clear of this

Belkin F8N244 Messenger Bag for Laptops, Macbooks and Chromebooks up to 15.6 inch - Black/Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Best laptop bag, period!, 14 Jan. 2014
This is the second belkin bag of this range I have purchased, the other being the 17'' backpack version, which I have owned for more then 4 years.

This bag is a quality product and a steal for the price.
It is extremely well built, as I never experienced any stitching coming loose or the bag showing any troubling signs of wear and tear.

It is has a multitude of pockets and compartments, ideal for all the bits and bobs one might carry together with a laptop, to school or work. The compartment for the laptop is excellent, providing ample room and padding for any laptop.

Although my purchase was for the 15.6'' version, I am confident it could accommodate snugly even a 17'' laptop.

On the aesthetic front, the bag is simple yet unique enough to warrant yet another thumbs up in my opinion. The only niggle, would be the lack of choice in the colour department.

In my opinion this is the quintessential laptop bag, proving to be heads above the competition in build quality, design, features and price.

Warmly recommended

Diablo III (PS3)
Diablo III (PS3)
Offered by Game Trade Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Game!, 14 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Diablo III (PS3) (Video Game)
I decided to purchase Diablo 3, after having had a go with the huge demo featured on PSN.

The game is awesome fun, especially for fans of the fantasy genre. I also found that the joypad control scheme made the game tonnes more fun, than its PC sibling which only allows keyboard and mouse. I know purists will give me loads of flak for this, but I found that the game takes on a totally new form when played with the controller.

Another things the game excels at, is variety. Dungeons and levels are unique at each playthrough, and I kept on discovering new monsters types and classes even on my 2nd and 3rd replays of the campaign.

The only criticism I can aim against Diablo 3 (which in reality is part of its design), is its steep difficulty, once you start playing to level up further than level 24, and/or are trying to get some epic loot. But players familiar with Diablo will certainly disregard this as noob-talk.

Definitely recommended as a good addition to any PS3's game library

Sony Xperia SP SIM-free Android Smartphone - White (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bang for buck!, 15 Oct. 2013
I bought this mobile phone as a present for my brother, but being a mobile geek, I couldn't help myself from test-driving this handset.

My first impression was very positive, as the device responded snappily to each of my interactions. Applications opened immediately, and I could not experience any noticeable lag in the UI.

I then started to examine the handset a bit more closely:

Physical aspect and build:
The mobile's chassis looks very well built and sturdy. I could not find any flex when prodding around the mobile. The screen is nice and large, with no warping whatsoever whenever it was pressed harder than it should. Although the back-side is made of rubberized plastic, during daily use, not wear or scratches were noticeable

Screen:
The screen is a nice 4,6'' large, sporting a 1080p resolution, which makes everything on screen, a pleasure to look at. The image quality was top notch, as was visibility and light (the screen proved nice and bright even against sunlight). The only problems might be the slightly washed colors (something which can be mitigated by fiddling around with settings), and the less than stellar viewing angles (though this is a mobile, not a tv, so this is nitpicking).

Performance:
The mobile handled well all tasks I have thrown at it, from browsing and going around Facebook, to watching videos on YouTube, or streaming from my pc. Most games performed really well (including 3d games like Despicable Me, Fifa 14 and Dead Trigger), with no hiccups to report.

Camera:
Very good, though it comes with some sharpness settings which make everything look blurry once zoomed in. But once you tweak a couple of settings, the camera really starts to shine. It is fast to respond, and snaps photos quickly. I have yet to properly test video capture.

Overall impression:
As it will be clear from my impressions above, I believe this handset to be stellar value for the money. Do not be put off by the fact that it features "only" a dual core processor, its real-life performance is excellent.

The only few criticisms I can aim at this product are:
- Having a non-replaceable battery
- Sony UI not fully customizable (I would have loved being able to modify the notification bar quick settings, and other such stuff)
- Out of the box settings for screen and camera do not yield the best performance out of both
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 17, 2013 9:15 AM BST

Bosch PSB 18 LI-2 Cordless Lithium-Ion Hammer Drill Driver with 1 x 18 V Battery, 1.5 Ah

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Drill/Driver for DIY, 10 May 2013
After having used this product for over a month of weekend DIY, I can safely say that it is well worth its price.
I have used it around the house to drill both on Masonry (brick walls) and on wood, and it hasn't skipped a beat.

The drill is solidly put-together (but don't expect Professional drill-grade built, like a Makita, it is a consumer product after all), has comfortable grip, and a decent heft to it. It might prove a bit big when working around tight spaces, but nothing which cannot be fixed by adjusting your working position. The extra grip is easy to set and remove, and has proved quite handy when drilling into brick wall.

It has quite a good amount of power, especially when on "drill" speed. I was able to drill all of the holes required to mount a wall cabinet in minutes, without it ever jamming or proving imprecise. Speaking of power, I was impressed by how tactile the trigger is, which proved useful when using it as a screwdriver to mount furniture.

In some of the other customer reviews about this product, I read some complaints about the bit falling often whilst drilling; well in my case I never experienced it, as I always make sure to set the bit into place by setting the speed setting to "driver" and giving it a couple of good rotations.

The battery supplied has yet to run out on me (longest stretch I have used it, has been for 6 straight hours without a slowdown), and it was helpful having a light indicator on it, which would give me an indication of how much charge remains. The charging dock supplied is fairly simple to use, just dock the battery and give it an hour or less to fully charge.

The only criticism I can direct at this product concerns its packaging. The item is contained in a big green "handyman" case. Which in itself is kinda neat, the problem is that the case although on the big-side, cannot store anything else but the drill and its charging dock. Apart from this, another point of contention, was the fact that only a basic driver bit was included in the package; so if you're considering buying this product, make sure to have available all the drill-bits you require.

All in all this is an excellent product at a fairly reasonable price. I am giving it a 4/5 only because I feel like Bosch can add a freebie or two to the packaging to truly make it stellar.

Logitech Wireless Combo MK520 [PC]
Logitech Wireless Combo MK520 [PC]
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent combo, 11 Dec. 2012
So I was on the market to buy a decent keyboard and mouse to use daily to work with. My main requirements were that they had to be wireless and would not break the bank. After some researching, I stumbled upon this combo by Logitech. I tried to find as many reviews as possible and eventually took the plunge, and I sure haven't regretted it.

These below are some of my considerations:

Keyboard:
- Nice travel (spacing between keys) and tactile feedback
- Silent keys - I am a software developer, and I have a bad habit of going into a typing frenzy when coding, the last thing I want is to annoy all of my colleagues with the racket coming out of my keyboard whilst I am typing!
- Nice slew of inbuilt function keys - Only a small caveat, these work great when the keyboard is hooked to a Windows machine, on a Mac unfortunately only the volume and playback shortcut keys work, I haven't been able to set them using Logitech software. As for Ubuntu and other Linux distros I still haven't had the chance of testing the keyboard on them
- Comfortable typing position - even after a whole day typing I am still to feel any discomfort when using the keyboard
- Handy On/Off switch right on the keyboard face - I am sure everybody hates having to change batteries in the midst of a task
- Possibility of flipping the keyboard on its spine - for when you need the desk estate without having to put the keyboard somewhere else

Mouse:
- Very comfortable to hold - is contoured in rubber so very comfortable to hold
- Buttons and scroll wheel have nice feel to them
- Shaped to be used both in right and left handed mode
- On/Off switch at the bottom to save on battery life
- I haven't experienced once lag using this mouse, though I never had the chance to put it through its paces whilst gaming (I use it at work!). Will update the review once I do

Other considerations:
- The USB receiver included in the box is perfect, small and nearly invisible once connected. Never had a single issue with signal
- Pretty much plug and play - I have hooked the receiver both on Mac and Windows machines and never really had to pair or install the Logitech software to start using both the mouse and they keyboard
- Included in the box is a USB extension cord (apart from the batteries required by the keyboard and mouse) - I found this to be a great touch, especially for whoever will hook up the combo to a desktop pc

The only niggles I could find on these products are the following:
- Function keys do not work on Mac (I am sure this can be fixed by Logitech through their software)
- Mouse might go the extra mile with some added buttons

All in all this is a superb keyboard and mouse combo, if it weren't that they are not sold separately I would warmly recommend them on their own. This product is reasonably priced (I paid mine around 50 Euros) and excellent value for money
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 9, 2013 8:43 PM BST