Profile for Mark the Milkman > Reviews

Mark the Milkman

Page: 1 | 2
Polar Chest Strap Soft Strap keine Size:M-XXL
Polar Chest Strap Soft Strap keine Size:M-XXL

5.0 out of 5 stars Replace Polar HRM chest strap if you're getting erratic heart-rate readings, 8 Feb. 2016
After maybe 8-9 months of use the original chest strap that came with my Polar HRM wore out (the shiney strips on the sensors-side went dull as the conductive material wore off), which gave very erratic heart-rate readings (suddenly either really high, or dropping really low heart rates). This new chest belt fixed that problem and the HRM readings are back to expected and within normal limits.

Tanita BC601 Innerscan Segmental Body Composition Monitor Scale
Tanita BC601 Innerscan Segmental Body Composition Monitor Scale

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for analysing what's going on inside/out, 14 Dec. 2015
Great set of scales which give lots of information, with the added bonus it's saved to an SD card which I can then put in my Mac and copy the data into Excel (PC software is included but it's for Windows) – with a bit of editing you can get all of your stats listed and compare/analyse it to see how you're progressing over time.

Needs to stand on a hard surface to work properly - I had it on thick carpet to begin with but it measured me as about 10kg less than I was (nice, but inaccurate!) - if you haven't got a hard floor then a bit of MDF/chipboard underneath it works just as well.

Mammut Carbon 240 Fast Lock Probe - Black, One Size
Mammut Carbon 240 Fast Lock Probe - Black, One Size
Offered by Sputnik Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, brilliant price, 4 April 2015
Great product, brilliant price in the end of season sales. Hope I never need to use it.

Silverhill 5 Point Star Torx Bit Set (10 bits)
Silverhill 5 Point Star Torx Bit Set (10 bits)
Offered by SortedBits

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit set, great price, quick delivery, 18 Jun. 2014
Bought this as I needed to remove the MAF sensor from its housing on my Audi, with the intention to clean the sensor thoroughly with isopropyl alcohol.

Don't make my mistake of first buying six point security bit keys from Halfords thinking they'll do - they didn't fit the five point security bolt head of the MAF bolts on Bosch MAFs. If you've kept the receipt and not used the Halfords keys at all (which of course we've all not done) you've 28 days to return them for your money back.

So, the right-sized bit in this Silverhill bit set fitted perfectly, the screw came out easily, MAF sensor removed from its housing and sprayed with isopropyl spray (from Maplins), with the clean MAF refitted and reinstalled and the engine's running as sweet as a nut.
Very happy, and probably saved myself £££ not buying a new MAF.

Must say delivery was very quick (came the next day) so top marks for that.

LOCTITE Super Plastix 2g/4ml Kit All Plastics Super Glue Kit All Plastics Super Glue Kit Adhesives + Epoxies
Offered by K Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Really is 'Super' glue on car-trim plastics, 3 May 2014
Tried Araldite, Plastic Padding 'Super Steel' epoxy weld, and Evo-Stick 'Serious Glue' to fix a piece of car interior trim which had broken, but the trim was marked as PP4 plastic and these three glues failed to make any sort of bond with the plastic and it kept re-breaking (along the same break lines luckily)

A bit of internet searching told me PP4 was Polypropylene (PP) plastic (which, along with Polyethylene (PE) plastic, doesn't react chemically with normal glues) and that this Activator and Superglue combination would bond the parts together.

And it did - brilliantly, fixing my interior trim panel and saving me £30 buying a second-hand panel off eBay (its an 12+ year old Audi TT so main dealer prices would be extortionate)

So if you have any PP or PE plastic to fix (as well as anything else that just needs Supergluing (without using the Activator)) this is the stuff to use.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Too loose, 3 May 2014
Going snowboarding and using a helmet mount, I bought this to replace a QR mount I'd lost, but luckily found again - good job too, as this is too loose to hold the camera housing still or in a fixed position even after doing the bolt up as tight as I could with my fingers.
Placing it on my helmet and fixing it to look straight ahead, with a little juddering and a few small jumps it moved down away from pointing ahead and just shot the snow in front of my board.

Measuring with a micrometer the gaps between the plastic lugs is slightly larger than the GoPro OE item - 3.1mm as opposed to 2.9-3mm for the OE one. Not much difference, but you can feel the GoPro one is snugger simply sliding the camera housing into the OE QR mount. Doing the bolt up finger tight with that holds the camera in position hit-after-hit.

This replacement one might be OK in certain situations, but I doubt I'll be using it much.

Sena Corsa Case for iPhone 3G/iPhone 3GS - Black/Red
Sena Corsa Case for iPhone 3G/iPhone 3GS - Black/Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 Jan. 2013
I use this to hold my iPhone4 in and find it stylish, well made, and has lasted well for a few years now - the leather's not split or cracked, the stitching intact, and the pull-strap still works perfectly. Recommended.

SanDisk SDSDX-032G-X46 Extreme SDHC UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card up to 45 MB/s read - 32 GB
Offered by MyMemory

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 1 Jan. 2013
Got this to work with a GoPro Hero2 camera, and it's fast, has a large amount of storage so I can get maybe a weeks worth of .mp4 video files on it, and seems pretty robust, so highly recommended.

GoPro HD HERO Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery
GoPro HD HERO Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 1 Jan. 2013
Spare battery that works well - always useful when your doing a lot of filming all day long or the weather's battery-drainingly cold.

TomTom Airvent Universal Mount
TomTom Airvent Universal Mount

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 1 Jan. 2013
There are three mounts in the pack that attach to the back of the TomTom device along with the air vent mount, but I only needed one for my particular model of TomTom so the other two kind of go to waste.
The two bits I do use works well enough though.

Page: 1 | 2