Profile for Biz29 > Reviews

Preserves: River Cottage Handbook No.2
Preserves: River Cottage Handbook No.2
by Pam Corbin

5.0 out of 5 stars A Handbook on Preserves really worth having, 2 Feb. 2016
This is a great little book full of both interesting and useful recipes, well presented and easy to follow. Whether you grow your own, forage in the hedgerows or simply pop down to the supermarket there is something to make, store and enjoy for everyone throughout the year. All very satisfying!

Sub Sports COLD Men's Thermal Compression Baselayer Long Sleeve Top - X-Large, Black

3.0 out of 5 stars It may be that this was intended as he said his top clothes felt comfortable on top, 10 April 2015
I bought this for my son who enjoys outdoor pursuits and needed something warm to wear under his shirt. It was his size but a very, very snug fit. It may be that this was intended as he said his top clothes felt comfortable on top.

Philips HD9132/01 Jamie Oliver Steamer with Bain Marie and Flavour Booster, 900 Watts

5.0 out of 5 stars Big is beautiful - and tasty!, 17 Aug. 2014
Yes, it is big - but very beautiful! This steamer has been well thought out and it is the little things that I like. The flex pushes right away inside the base unit, the bottom of each bowl comes away making it easy to clean and everything stacks neatly inside each other. The little lip on the side makes it easy to top up the water during cooking, which has happened only once when I cooked a whole chicken. For me the jury is out on the flavour booster but it makes the kitchen smell wonderful! Because a whole meal can be cooked in the steamer I use mine on my ceramic cooker top ('off' of course) so the steam can exit through the extractor fan. It is quick, easy to use and the food tastes really great. Downsides? None really, although I would have liked some kind of chart giving suggested cooking times. However, the four colourful and glossy recipe cards certainly give a clue - the one for Steamed Nicoise Salad is particularly good and gives the opportunity to use those lovely little dimples for eggs. When I bought this machine I knew I would use it, I didn't realise just how much!

Rick Stein's India
Rick Stein's India
by Rick Stein

5.0 out of 5 stars More than just a cook book, 25 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Rick Stein's India (Hardcover)
This is a truly beautiful book and is far more than just a cookery book. I love the pictures, the comments on each place visited and the wonderfully easy to follow recipes. It really makes me want to go and see India for myself. It has not been left on the shelf with the rest of my recipe books but is always near to hand to dip in and out of. It provides great reading plus good information on the food I adore. The TV programme was excellent too.

Sony ICFC318S Clock Radio
Sony ICFC318S Clock Radio

4.0 out of 5 stars Let down by the sound quality, 2 May 2013
This is a great little alarm clock, compact, easy to use (even when half asleep!) and I like the three brightness settings. My only gripe is the tinny sound quality of the radio, hence only 4 stars.

Womens/Ladies Black Comfort Casual Shoes With Lace Up Fastening - Black - UK SIZE 6
Offered by Wynsors World of Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Are there more colours available ??, 2 May 2013
I certainly agree with others that these are wonderfully comfortable shoes, light and flexible with a sturdy sole and do not need 'wearing in'. I would buy another pair (or more) if there were other colours available. As so often happens with Amazon orders they arrived earlier than I expected. Great all round!

Kingavon BB-PG150 Portable Gas Cabinet Heater
Kingavon BB-PG150 Portable Gas Cabinet Heater
Offered by DISCOUNT ZONE

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Delivery Service, 30 Nov. 2012
This heater is better looking and more compact that my old one (bought more than 30 years ago !) I love the way it folds in at the back for much easier storage. The instruction booklet is not very clear and could do with a lot more information, hence the 4 rather than 5 stars. However, the real plus point for me was the delivery service. I was e-mailed advising which day it would come. On the day I was e-mailed to confirm what time it would arrive, given the option of asking for another day and/or delivery to a neighbour. The van arrived exactly within the hours time slot given and the driver even carried it in for me - brilliant service. In all I have been left feeling warm both inside and out !