Profile for Mrs. Salema A. Nazzal > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Salema A....

Mrs. Salema A. Nazzal "salemabeamer"

The Rock Of Tanios
The Rock Of Tanios
by Amin Maalouf

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic fiction, 14 April 2003
This review is from: The Rock Of Tanios (Paperback)
As an avid reader of Amin Maalouf's work anyway, I was really looking forward to reading The Rock of Tanios when it came out. I was pleasantly surprised to find myself far more impressed by this book than any of his others.
The book tells the story of a small Lebanese village where the Sheikh is the master who must be obeyed. His son (or is he? read it to find out) Tanios rebels against the system and suddenly disappears. But what has happened to him? No one knows, but his name is made famous by his disappearance.
Years later scholars try to find out what happened.
Don't take my word for it. Read it. It's great. If you're interested in the Middle East you'll love this book.

I Dared to Call Him Father
I Dared to Call Him Father
by Bilquis Sheikh

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 14 April 2003
When I first read I Dared To Call Him Father it blew my mind so much so that I have re-read it at least 3 times, which is unusual for me.
The story is basically about a Pakistani woman whose life is transformed when she meets God.
Instead of being a one-off lofty kind of meeting, where God may or may not exist, her meetings with God are both powerful and personal. So much so that she risks losing her family, who don't accept what she has experienced.
I recommend this book to anyone who would like a touch of God themselves. It really is an inspiring and deeply interesting read. I love it.