Profile for Phil > Reviews

Content by Phil

Phil "Convicted Scifi and fantasy nerd, much to my wife's disdain" (West Sussex, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Fellow Traveler - The Complete String Quartet Works of John Adams
Fellow Traveler - The Complete String Quartet Works of John Adams

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!!!, 3 Dec. 2016
I've been a fan of John Adams for some time now but I'd never come across John's Book of Alleged Dances before. Written in 1994 this Jazz, and swing Adams rather the minimalist Adams. Great fun and well performed by the Attacca Quartet as is the Fellow Traveller with its references to his other works (Nixon in China and Son of Chamber Symphony). Along with the String Quartet, the whole CD is performed excellently. I'd strongly recommend this.

Opticlear Lens Wipes (Pack of 6, Total 156 Wipes)
Opticlear Lens Wipes (Pack of 6, Total 156 Wipes)

5.0 out of 5 stars These leave my glasses crystal clear, 21 Nov. 2016
These leave my glasses crystal clear. They even remove the embedded mysterious filth that my four year old somehow acquires several times a day.

Funny Rude Humorous 'Fuck Off I'm Reading' Magnetic Bookmark
Funny Rude Humorous 'Fuck Off I'm Reading' Magnetic Bookmark
Offered by Brainbox Candy

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the pages of a book marked, 19 Nov. 2016
I find this bookmark exceptionally useful for when my wife insists on talking to me when I am reading. I can't say it always works, but mearly pointing to the bookmark in mute silence gives me tremendous satisfaction.

Mcdavid  Flexy Knee Pad - Navy, Size Xl
Mcdavid Flexy Knee Pad - Navy, Size Xl

4.0 out of 5 stars Good knee protection, 19 Nov. 2016
This review is from: Mcdavid Flexy Knee Pad (Sports)
They are a rather tight fit around the thigh. I got the XL size and wouldn't say that I have massive thighs so if you body build they're not going to fit. Having said that after a few washes and volleyball games they've stretched and become more comfortable. They offer very good knee protection when I dive and don't slip down my leg as other brands have done.

MENS MOCCASIN SLIPPERS FUR LINED MULES SOFT WARM COMFORTABLE FAUX SUEDE SHEEPSKIN TAN SIZE 11

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy slippers, 19 Nov. 2016
These fit well and are very comfortable.

Bluetooth Receiver, Portable Wireless Audio Adapter with 3.5 mm Stereo Output (Bluetooth 4.0, A2DP, Built-in Microphone) for Home Audio Music Streaming Sound System / Bluetooth Car Kits
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the iPhone 7 whilst charging, 27 Sept. 2016
I got this so I can listen to tv apps on my iPhone 7 whilst charging the phone. The cable splitters have yet to be released and are considerably more expensive than this. This works perfectly. I leave it connected to the charger (its got overcharge protection) and simply press the connect button and that's it. The device is tiny and seems well built. Sound quality is acceptable. Compared to the wired connection its slightly duller and not as detailed, although I can't directly compare headphones since theres no way plug the lighting earbuds in to the device. I would however say the the sound is perfectly fine for the money, impressive really.

Gigantic Dancing Human Machine: Bang on a Can Plays Louis Andriessen
Gigantic Dancing Human Machine: Bang on a Can Plays Louis Andriessen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 24 April 2016
This is a very different form of minimalist music when compared to the likes of Reich. Its high energy loud jazzy music. Great stuff and excellently played.

Ocado
Ocado

4.0 out of 5 stars This the best supermarket app I've just, 28 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Ocado (App)
This the best supermarket app I've just. The search function is intelligent (and copes with misspellings), the stock range is huge and the customer feedback reviews of item is very useful

Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 6 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Amazon Prime Video (App)
Some great TV on here. The app is fine but sometimes find the navigation frustrating

Fire Tablet, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black) - Includes Special Offers
Fire Tablet, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black) - Includes Special Offers

3.0 out of 5 stars Great apart from the screen, 3 Dec. 2015
For the price I've got to say this is impressive! If I was purely judging by that I would give it 5 stars. The tablet is rather thick, with a chunky bevel and feels heavier in my hand that some other tablets. I can live with that though. The biggest disappointment though is the screen. It does look cheap. The low resolution means you can see every pixel and it doesn't have very good contrast. I don't think I could use this to read a kindle ebook every day. This was a surprise since I assume Amazon can sell them so cheaply by expecting me to spend more on ebooks and movies! As for the processor and the rest of the hardware, I'm very happy with the speed.

Fire OS is fine. Getting locked out of Google Play is a downside, apps like Chrome can be downloaded from 3rd parties but not everything work correctly. If you don't use Googles services you won't miss them though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11