Profile for flipflop73 > Reviews

Content by flipflop73

flipflop73

Protexin Pro-Kolin Plus Syringe 30 ml
Protexin Pro-Kolin Plus Syringe 30 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars great for calming down my westie's grumbly stomach, 25 Feb. 2014
My westie suffers with bad stomach occasionally, will eat grass or plants to make himself sick and refuses any kind of food for anything from a day to 3 days. This works very well in calming it down and bring his appetite back really quick, always have some at home now just incase. We also use the Protexin Synbiotic D-C capsules daily, which has seen a good improvement on the frequency of his bad stomach. Was recommended by my vet and from personal experience I would highly recommend both products.

DOUBLE CANVAS WARDROBE w CLOTHES HANGING RAIL & STORAGE SHELVES (Beige)
DOUBLE CANVAS WARDROBE w CLOTHES HANGING RAIL & STORAGE SHELVES (Beige)
Offered by World-Deals UK

4.0 out of 5 stars bought it as temporary storage, will do the job, 25 Feb. 2014
put it together ok although it looks a little flimsy. I did manage to bend one of the poles at a joint whilst erecting it though so go easy on forcing the poles into the plastic corners. wouldn't like to put too much on the shelves though, they are only thin material. does the job if you want something on temporary basis.

Kingavon BB-DC103 Security Keypad Alarm System
Kingavon BB-DC103 Security Keypad Alarm System

2.0 out of 5 stars cheap, hit and miss on qualty judging by all reviews, 25 Feb. 2014
It is very cheaply made. The reed switch inside the plastic switch casing is awful quality, cable totally unsupported which is probably why my switch was broken (the reed switch is encased in glass or hard plastic, which being so brittle was smashed). This caused it to make and break as it wanted when attempting to set it up. Fortunately, as I'm an electrician, I had an old magnet/switch from an old alarm system which I could connect to the cable (which is far too short!) and this sorted the problem. It is now working but not very confident for how long.....will probably change it sometime.

In short:
1. it's cheap, but you get what you pay for.....probably hit and miss on the quality and whether it works.
2. the cable could do with being longer.
3. the instructions aren't that great, doesn't mention about arming itself when shutting the door....but you can figure it out.
4. probably worth what I paid for it......but only because I fitted a different switch.
5. I'd spend a few more quid next time and get something more substantial (it's an alarm, you need to be confident it will work!).

Acer Aspire 5750 15.6 inch Laptop (Intel Core i5-2430M Processor, RAM 8GB, HDD 500GB, DVD-Super Multi DL Drive, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit)

4.0 out of 5 stars Acer Aspire 5750 15.6 inch Laptop, intel i5, RAM 8GB, HDD 500GB......shame about the delivery!, 30 Mar. 2012
Was looking for my first laptop before christmas on the net and in the likes of currys/pcworld, decided to leave it till the sales to see if I could get a bargin but wasn't much difference in the prices before and after christmas. Ended up ordering this laptop based on the i5 processer and RAM to be honest, massive amounts of storage wasn't really a concern and 500GB will be fine for me.

Had it a few months now and it seems fine, I like the flater style keyboard which I wasn't used to before, the only thing I think could be better is the sound....thought it would be a little louder/better. The screen is pretty good, even from a bit of an angle which a lot of laptops aren't. Yes, it is a little difficult to see in bright light when you have some reflections but I don't think many laptops are immune to this! A good buy and as it stands right now I would buy ACER again......just not from amazon......

......The rating i've given this product is just for that, the product. If I could give a seperate rating for the delivery it would be NO STARS. I've never had a problem with amazon deliveries before and always choose free super saver as items usually arrive on time and quite often arrive early. You would have thought that a £500 laptop would need signing for whatever delivery method.....apparently not. Got home from work to find the box with my laptop in just left on my drive by the gate into the back garden....in full view of the road and pavement!!! Not impressed. Surely amazon should ensure items of a certain value are better looked after on deliveries? If all super saver deliveries don't require a signature (do any require one?) then it shouldn't be an option for something like a £500 laptop. Who would have been responsible for replacing it if it had been taken from my driveway??

So in summary, great laptop which I would recommend.....poor delivery this time amazon.

Walking the Munros Vol 2 - Northern Highlands and the Cairngorms: Northern Highlands and the Cairngorms v. 2 (Cicerone British Mountains)
by Steve Kew

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't you just love these guide books!, 10 Mar. 2010
As usual the cicerone books do not disappoint. The information given regarding routes, descriptions and general info are brief enough to give you what you really need without all the faff that other guide books include. This goes perfect with my other cicerone guides and i'm sure it will be well used!!