Profile for vicky > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Craghoppers Madigan Ii Women's Waterproof Jacket - Cocoa, Size 10
Craghoppers Madigan Ii Women's Waterproof Jacket - Cocoa, Size 10

1.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof? Maybe for the first week, 3 Feb. 2014
If like me, you want a jacket thats breathable and waterproof as you spend a significant amount of time outdoors, please, PLEASE do not buy this one. I'm usually very impressed by Craghoppers; I wouldnt buy any other brand of trousers, but not this jacket. I bought it as I needed a new one for field work, during which I would spend four weeks outdoors in the Lake District. Ok, this was in the summer of 2012, the wettest June in history, and I wouldnt have expected anything to last up to that. However, this one didnt last two weeks. First of all, if you're in anyway pear shaped dont buy this. The jacket was VERY tight around my hips, the only redeeming feature being that you could unzip the bottom to provide some more room. Second, the jacket is in no way breathable. In fact, on dry days with a heavy amount of hiking your apt to end up wet on the inside it has so little breathability. Third, and most important, its not waterproof. Showerproof, briefly, maybe, but if you want something thats going to keep you dry after a few hours of rain then this is not for you. VERY disappointed, Craghoppers :-(

RoC Minesol Triple Defence SPF50 Very High Protection for Kids 200ml
RoC Minesol Triple Defence SPF50 Very High Protection for Kids 200ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Only had to Apply Once, 3 Feb. 2014
I cannot recommend this suncream more. Ok, it smells a bit odd, and it can stay gready for a wee while before absorbing, but its to stop you burning and it does its job! I bought this for some field work in Cyrpus, which would mean spending all day in the sun with little shade, and being a fair skinned red headed female, it was a fairly daunting task. Ive bought sun creams before which needed reapplying constantly, and I have still burned through them. Others have been good, but irritated my sensitive skin. I only needed to put this on once, ans I didnt burn at all! If you have sensitive skin, skin that's impossible to tan, or skin that burns in the Scottish Hignlands in the middle of winter on a cloudy day then this is for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun, 3 Feb. 2014
I wasnt really expecting much, but as soon as I placed this toy in my hamsters cage she woke up and began to inspect it. It kept her occupied for the next 20 minutes as she tried to work out how to disassemble it, the littler bugger. She still seems to love it as I can hear her moving the ball around at night, and seems to be a great chew toy!

2M 1080P MHL Micro USB to HDMI Cable Adapter For Samsung Galaxy S4 S3 I9500 I9300

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a Charm, 3 Feb. 2014
I bought this to use with my Galaxy S4, and due to the price I wasnt expecting much. However the connections seem to be of very good quality, there is no need to install anything, and I could use it straight out the box to stream movies from my phone to the tv, with no problems. I would highly recommended this cable if you want to view movies or photos from your phone on your television.

Anita's 100 x A6 Blank Cards & Envelopes - White
Anita's 100 x A6 Blank Cards & Envelopes - White

5.0 out of 5 stars great quzlity, 22 Jan. 2014
Good qualitly blank cards at a brilliant price. Perfect for card making and crafting and come supplied in a lovely box

Superpet Small Animal Puzzle Playground - Pack of 1
Superpet Small Animal Puzzle Playground - Pack of 1

3.0 out of 5 stars inventive product, however pieces were missing, 22 Jan. 2014
Arrived today (really quick postage!), and we had fun assembling the kit. It isnt as tricky as some of these reviews are making out, and we ended up with a nice hamster playground built with ease. The only thing stopping this product from getting a full five stars is that two of the panels were missing. VERY disappointing, however we've already built it and have no intentions of disassembling it to return. On the whole, a good and inventive product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2014 6:26 PM GMT

5.0 out of 5 stars Canvas hasn't fallen down, 22 Jan. 2014
I would definitely recommend these strips for canvases. I hung a rather large one on my wall weeks ago and I have even repositioned it since using the same strips, and it still hasnt fallen down! I'm actually rather amazed. Heres hoping they don't leave marks on my rented flat walls!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for Money, 22 Jan. 2014
Great value for money, although still "normal" length rather than cropped on a short thing like myself! It appears to be of much better quality than the jumpers from Primark, and has survived the washing machine twice now without shrinking, stretching or losing shape.

Bumper Card Making and Scrapbooking Kit
Bumper Card Making and Scrapbooking Kit
Offered by Creativity Papers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kit, Many Embellishments, 22 Jan. 2014
This kit is great value for money, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to start scrapbooking or cardmaking. It comes with lots of materials, embellishments, feathers, ribbons etc and is loads of fun to use. The box the kit comes in is great and very sturdy! The one thing I would say is that this (obviously) isn't a stand-alone kit. Please dont give it a bad review because it doesnt come with blank cards, you will have to provide those for yourself! I would definitely recommend this kit.

Regatta Men's Thompson Fleece Jacket - Black, Medium
Regatta Men's Thompson Fleece Jacket - Black, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Layerin, 22 Jan. 2014
Well what can I say, this fleece is great value for money. I bought it as a gift for my partner who wears it all the time. I wouldnt recommended it solely as a winter fleece, however its lightweight and great for layering, providing ample insulation.

Page: 1 | 2