Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Braving the Elements (Darkness #2)
Braving the Elements (Darkness #2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the series, expected a 2nd book with more pages than first, not Less!, 29 Mar. 2014
Normally with serial books the first book is shorter than the ones that follow. It sets the scene and introduces the plot and the characters. e.g.: Harry Potter. The following books are normally more detailed, have more plot development and have higher paginations (more pages).
I must admit I was very disappointed to find the second book had less pages than the first, will the third follow suit?

Bonds of Matrimony
Bonds of Matrimony

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book!, 21 Mar. 2014
I have recently deleted two free books as the plot was so weak it was boring. I did enjoy this book, so much so I looked for other books by this author. I would say don't be put off by the negative feedback, give this book a try, you will love it too.

Blood Guardians (Blood Guardians #1)
Blood Guardians (Blood Guardians #1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Love it, Didn't Hate it, but couldn't finish it., 19 Mar. 2014
I really wanted to like this book, I read over half of it but found it a bit boring and stilted. It amazed me that they supposedly carried a coffin on the carriage to sleep in, took it into hotel rooms yet no one queried it?..... Most odd. The author didn't even explain how they got it there without being seen, nor how their hotel bedroom window escapes worked complete with coffin.
A lot of nothing worth reading really. I personally read nothing to rave about. It was slow paced and I am frankly astounded that the author thinks they can make a series out of the story line.

The Governess Volume One: Book One (A Huntington Saga Series)
The Governess Volume One: Book One (A Huntington Saga Series)

2.0 out of 5 stars So far fetched I couldn't finish it., 15 Mar. 2014
This story was so unbelievable that I couldn't finish it. I must say it is rare for me to delete a book, even one I don't love. I liked the writing style but disliked the characters and storyline. A woman with no home and no money would not talk back to her employer on her first day, not if she wanted to keep her job. It wouldn't happen now and certainly wouldn't have happened then.
If the author had waited, allowed the characters to gradually get to know each other first it would have been better. As it is I would say unless you are easily please, don't bother downloading it. Even as a free download it was a waste of time and effort.

Lawless
Lawless

5.0 out of 5 stars unexpectedly Excellent!, 22 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Lawless (Kindle Edition)
Superb book. It is so nice to read a book with twists & turns as well as love and hope. Yes it had a few errors but it was still a superb read.

MOOD INDIGO
MOOD INDIGO

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely Book, 12 Jan. 2014
This review is from: MOOD INDIGO (Kindle Edition)
Wan't sure about the story line but thought I'd try it. Fabulous, loved it! Sweet & loving. A few twists in plot, perfect.

Stolen Rapture [ménage, vampires]
Stolen Rapture [ménage, vampires]

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth reading, 8 Jan. 2014
Waste of time, avoid! Poor plot, poor characters, DREADFUL ENDING!
This novel is a total no go, because it goes no where and ends up without a real ending.

Traditionally Defiant: Caraline
Traditionally Defiant: Caraline

3.0 out of 5 stars Average Book with strong Christian theme, 7 Jan. 2014
A few errors in the book such as 'whit' instead of 'wit'. Not the best plot I've read and not always consistent with the time. A bank managers family would Not move in the same circles as the 'ton'. Good job it was free or I would return it for a refund.

To Catch A Spinster (The Reluctant Bride Collection Book 1)
To Catch A Spinster (The Reluctant Bride Collection Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 4 Jan. 2014
Loved this book but far too short! Having said that I will look for the second in the series. Like a modern Georgette Heyer, with a hint of humour to the story.

Something About Her (The Willoughby Family Series Book 1)
Something About Her (The Willoughby Family Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Romance, 3 Jan. 2014
Great light reading. A few instances of modern slang creeping in but otherwise good fun. I enjoyed it, and rather liked the main characters. Loved the relationship between the little girl and her father.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9