Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Tabasco Sauce and Marinade Peppery Deep South Creole 270 g (Pack of 6)
Tabasco Sauce and Marinade Peppery Deep South Creole 270 g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for a dinner party, 15 April 2016
I discovered this sauce a couple of months ago. I normally cook from scratch but I decided to try a couple of marinades with American flavours.
This is a hit with the whole family, so much so I now make enough for leftovers.
My recipe? I use this to make creole chicken and chorizo.
Cut boneless, skinless chicken thighs into generous bite size pieces. Put into a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and add half a bottle of the marinade.
Cut a ring of Chorizo into medallions. Set aside.
Preheat the oven, peel and chop two onions into wedges (enough for four adults with leftovers), add a large red pepper cut into chunks. Split the onion leaves (so it's no longer a wedge). Put a tray in the oven with a little Olive Oil to heat for 5 minutes in a 200 degree oven. Fan 180. When hot remove from the oven and toss the onions and peppers into the oil. Put a little salt, pepper and a little extra oil on top and put in the oven to cook for 15 minutes or so until cooked and a little brown, just a little.
While the veg is cooking, lightly oil a griddle pan and heat till smoking. Oil a large deep (At least an inch deep) baking tray and heat in the oven for 5 minutes.
Start cooking the chicken in batches. When the first batch is cooked, remove the baking tray from the oven and keep adding the cooked chicken to the tray until all the chicken is cooked. Add the onion and pepper mix, the chorizo and the rest of the marinade. I use two bottles to 1kg of chicken and two onions. At this point I would add the other half of the marinade and the extra bottle to the tray. Stir the marinade into the meat and veg. Return to the oven for 15 minutes. Serve with a salad, garlic roast potatoes or both.
Good enough for a dinner party! Yum.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2016 10:18 PM BST

When The Perfect Comes (The Deverell Series Book 1)
When The Perfect Comes (The Deverell Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been such a good SINGLE book, not enough meat to last over three., 18 Feb. 2016
I enjoyed the writing style, however the plot........
I guessed who Cpt Morgan was before the incident in in the bar when Merry hid. If I hadn't known before, I would have known after reading about the conversation in the tavern when Merry was hiding. She is supposed to be clever??? Why did she never put the pieces together? When it came to the conversation in the tavern I thought...Yes, I was right.
As one book it would have been amazing, slow start but a great book. However as the book went on I kept expecting a conclusion. Nope. What a shame. What's wrong Ms Ward, lack of ideas for more books? You feel the need to stretch one book over three?

Alma's Mail Order Husband - A Clean Historical Mail Order Bride Story (Texas Brides Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Only PART of a book! Not good enough to buy the rest., 8 Feb. 2016
Weak plot. The listing didn't say this was PART of the story. Ms Whitsby, don't bother. Put it all together, it's really not worth buying more. I didn't even look to see if the rest were free. Waste of time.

Southern Fried Dragon
Southern Fried Dragon

2.0 out of 5 stars Lacking, 30 Jan. 2016
Could have been so much better. Lacked depth and substance. Luckily it was free!
Not great, won't read any more by this author.

Kindle Paperwhite E-reader, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi (Black) - Includes Special Offers

3.0 out of 5 stars Pet hate - the Book Covers Should be shown in Colour, NOT Black & White, 27 Dec. 2015
I've wanted a Kindle Paperwhite for a while and was given one for Christmas. Generally I love it except for the book cover showing in black and white. It would be much easier to identify the book you are looking for. I use Kindle on my phone and iPad where the book covers are full colour, after that the black and white book covers are bland and hard to identify.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2015 3:57 PM GMT

All About Redemption (All About Honor Book 3)
All About Redemption (All About Honor Book 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars What a weird book!, 16 Mar. 2015
This could have been so much more. However it wasn't.
The writing was disjointed, the storyline far fetched and unbelievable. Imagine...in real life would you really feel affection for someone you have a) only known a few days, b) groped you after you were beaten just because you were naked & c) raped you because you wouldn't agree to marry him?
I sure wouldn't! I'd wait till he slept, knock him out, tie him up & run for it.
Waste of time, AVOID. Good job it was free.

The Illegitimate Lady (The Carroway Family Book 3)
The Illegitimate Lady (The Carroway Family Book 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, really poor., 3 Mar. 2015
Not good! I was looking forward to this book as I had read the previous books in the series. All I can say is I'm glad I got it for free. The book started out as a recap, giving a background to the characters. I thought, ok, not everyone will have read the others. However It went on, and on, and on.....I was a third to a quarter of the way into this book when I gave up. No real story, no worth reading. Read the previous books but avoid this one.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Great Quality. Weak., 3 Mar. 2015
Watered down oil, weak. I would not say it was a pure unadulterated Lavender Oil. The one I already had is a lot stronger and intense.

The Demon of Darkling Reach (The Black Prince Book 1)
The Demon of Darkling Reach (The Black Prince Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected at all!, 25 Jan. 2015
I enjoyed the book, it held a fascination for me that was a little morbid. If I had a criticism at all it would be that the author gave no insight into Tristan's thought process and emotions, such as he is capable of. For me it left a void. I would have liked to have him written in as the other half of the story. This is the reason for me four stars instead of five. I was left wanting.
I understand that in the first book he is a mystery, in the second also so I understand although I haven't read it yet. I also understand it would make it harder to write, the author wouldn't want to give too much away. However for me, this leaves a void. Even if his thought process is sinister, I would like that insight.

Caressed by Moonlight (Rulers of Darkness Book 1)
Caressed by Moonlight (Rulers of Darkness Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, loved it!, 24 Jan. 2015
A period vampire book......heaven! Loving both historical fiction and vampire romance books this one was a jackpot. Really enjoyable read, try it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9