Profile for Regg > Reviews

Regg (London, UK)

Live In South Beach - Bedrock At The Treehouse
Live In South Beach - Bedrock At The Treehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Does it again..., 14 July 2015
All the usual Digweed hyperboles apply here > The build, the atmosphere, the mixing, the snap-shot of the club etc. These Live In.... releases are a really fresh look and a brilliant business model. I thought Argentina was incredible, I thought London was the best, but this trumps them imo. Digweed really is on top of his game at the moment. Lovely packaging as well :)

XX Twenty Years - Ministry Of Sound
XX Twenty Years - Ministry Of Sound

2.0 out of 5 stars Variable Bit Rates, 9 Mar. 2014
I appreciate that Amazon use variable bit rates when encoding some of the music but 159kpbs (De'Lacy - Hideaway (DD remix)) is unacceptable to me I'm afraid. Although not a full-time dj by any stretch of the imagination, I do play out on public systems and this simply sounds substandard. Perhaps satisfactory for the Beats by Dre generation or when using the free headphones that came with your phone...

If I knew this before I purchased, I would have gone somewhere else. Now I will every time. Sorry Amazon, you've lost an mp3 customer.

Kask Mojito Helmet, 912006 Green lime Size:M-L (48 - 58 cm)
Kask Mojito Helmet, 912006 Green lime Size:M-L (48 - 58 cm)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best helmet I've ever tried, 31 Oct. 2013
Love it, it's so comfortable and light you don't notice you're wearing it. The rear fixing ensures you fit it to your head and the strap under your chin is soft and non abrasive. It doesn't smell yet even though I have to squeeze the sweat out of it after my morning and evening commutes. On this point, I can't see how you could clean the head bands if you needed to as they are firmly attached. But it does advertise it as being anti-bacterial so maybe it's not needed.

Blackburn Mars 4.0 Rear Light 2012
Blackburn Mars 4.0 Rear Light 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent but I question the runtimes, 31 Oct. 2013
This is a great little rear light with a decent mount. No problems with it falling off or the like. You get full beam or flasher and you get an orange side led for additional visibility.

The only complaint I have is with the stated run time of the unit. Admittedly, I'm only using standard Energiser AAAs but I got no more than 40 hours flashing. I am accurate with my time seeing as I have a 50 minute commute with a few minutes either end. Also, the effectiveness of the flashing does diminish closer to that end time. With those sorts of run-times, I will be looking for an alternative charging unit once I have used my stash of batteries. Can't be doing a change a month!