Profile for J. Brindle > Reviews

Content by J. Brindle

J. Brindle "Mary Poppins" (Lancashire, U.K.)

Samsung Galaxy J1 2016 Armband with Adjustable Velcro Strap for Sports Gym Jogging Running Ridding Bike Cycling Arm Band Case Cover Protector - Purple - by Gadget Giant®
Offered by Gadget Giant

1.0 out of 5 stars The item I received was clearly not designed specifically for ..., 15 May 2017
The item I received was clearly not designed specifically for a J1 as advertised. It is huge and not the snug fit you see in the image. I'm a five foot eight female and the armband covers my upper arm. It is cumbersome and clearly a generic design not a J1 fit. The phone fits it in and once secured around my arm, only moves slightly but it is not as advertised.

3D Light FX 50029 Star Wars Yoda Hand with Lightsaber 3D Deco Light, Plastic, Green/Silver
Offered by MyUrbanFunk

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd never held a drill before!!!, 27 Jun. 2016
Purchased yoda mask & saber, Vader mask & saber, all four Avengers lights.
I'm a single mum to three boys and bought these to theme up two rooms. What a stunning feature!!! Well worth the money and would buy again.
I'd never held a drill before so the video on the company's website helped me and it was soooo easy.
The stickers were tricky to transfer but my fingernails and patience helped. There are marked areas to drill the holes in the sticker so no risk of mis-measurement.
Easy peasy!
I hung Yoda and Vader at actually height (as my son is autistic and KNOWS these things) and on a glitter painted surface and a wallpaper surface without issue.
Out of all the lights I purchased, the hulk hand and yoda are more effective in the dark.
Oh! Worthy of note that the Avengers lights don't come with remotes or timers which is tricky with my son in a cabin bed. Yoda, Vader and sabers all have interchangable remotes which are very handy and a thirty minute timer (my favourite feature).
I have never done DIT or lifted a paint brush before but found these easy. Two friends have now purchased them also based on the effect in a plain room.
Next step...the death star...!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived exactly when it said it would, securely packaged and no faults., 30 Dec. 2013
Just wanted to leave a review that says that my son's tablet arrived exactly when it said it would, was brand new and has not been faulty.

It was so cheap, I hate to highlight the fact that battery life is only two hours and it is very small (note the screen size of seven inches is DIAGONAL measurement not horizontal). Occasionally we have to press down the power button for a little while longer but one week on from Christmas (and almost constant usage) it still works.

I took a gamble given other bad reviews and having bought two other tablets online that have been faulty. However, we struck lucky with this. I also bought the matching red cover for a fiver on Amazon which came with additional tablet pen and screen protector.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 12, 2014 2:28 AM GMT

7 inch leather case for with standard for Allwinner A13 Android 4.0 4GB+Black stylus pen

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin..., 30 Dec. 2013
Excellent red case that fits perfectly with my son's cheap red tablet. Surprised to note it came with a tablet pen and screen protector too. Does not have the corners protected but does also does not cover over any of the essential buttons, such as power or volume or charging cable. Very pleased at this price.

Arrived a lot quicker than anticipated and just before Christmas too! Was not expected until 10th Jan.

Would recommend.

Duracell Charging Stand - Black (Wii)
Duracell Charging Stand - Black (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me!, 10 Sept. 2013
I love this. I had a cheaper, no brand version which would hold charge for about two hours of use and, although worked fine, occasionally kids would leave remotes lying around and had to wait for them to charge up the next day before use. I ended up using batteries anyway. However, this charging unit is strong and holds charge for ages. Was hesitant about the price but, within two months, have saved that money in batteries.

No, the nunchucks do not store well and my charger shows a blue light after only a few minutes charge but I don't mind. I charge overnight and switch off at the back of the charger when the blue light is a nuisance.

I have a white wii but wanted the black charging stand as the white shows marks and scuffs and my unit is on the floor to the side of the TV. Looks great and keeps remotes and wii neat and tidy (but not the nunchucks).

Two months on and still a happy customer.

Harry And The Hendersons [DVD]
Harry And The Hendersons [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Lithgow

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the movie - hate the bad language!, 22 Feb. 2013
I remember this one from first time around and bought it as we are re-educating the kids in the "oldies" compared to modern type childrens films. Sadly, I either did not remember or owned a copy that edited out the shear number of swear words. I am so surprised that this PG rated copy contained so many "holy s***", "p***ed off" and a number of "b*****ds" all spoken by the main characters.

The story is an old classic with a heartwarming ending and lots of funny visual comedy but I really wanted other perspective buyers to be aware of the amount of strong language in the film if you are watching with children.

The Very First Christmas (Beginner's Bible) (The Beginner's Bible)
The Very First Christmas (Beginner's Bible) (The Beginner's Bible)
by -

5.0 out of 5 stars Childminder's Review, 31 Oct. 2011
A 31 page book, broken into chapters: An Angel Visits Mary, Baby Jesus is Born, Shepherds Visit, The Bright Star and Three Visitors, An Angry King and When Jesus Grew up. I purchased this book based on it's size to cost ratio. A lot of books in the £1-£2 range are pocket size but this book is slightly wide and shorter than A5, making it easy to share with a number of children and also cheap enough to be gifts to all the children at my local toddler group. The pictures are very simple and attractive and there are no more than three lines to a page - but, as it has a number of pages, I think this book would suit children aged 3-6 years old. The sort of book that can come out year after year to share the Christmas story or would make a lovely gift, especially as the final chapter states what Jesus went on to do in his life, that he was the God's son and he died for our sins, rose from the dead and is in heaven but will come back one day.