Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Devon, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
3M Bamboo Scotch Advanced Tape Glider Acid-Free Refills
3M Bamboo Scotch Advanced Tape Glider Acid-Free Refills
Offered by supermart USA

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 14 May 2017
I have seen these guns in use on You Tube videos, so gave it a try. Wish I hadn't, total waste of money. The middle fell out of the first spool of tape, rendering it useless. In fact the ATG is a nightmare to load, and had me nearly tearing my hair out. I followed the instructions (which are pretty unclear) for quarter inch tape, but could not get the tape to spool. Gun and tape are in the bin, do not waste your money

Fine Quality English Pewter Pendant Necklace Gift, Lizard Design
Fine Quality English Pewter Pendant Necklace Gift, Lizard Design
Offered by Gr8selections

5.0 out of 5 stars Above and Beyond, 21 Dec. 2016
Ordered this as a Christmas gift, aware that the delivery may have been after Christmas .... must have pulled out all the stops as it arrived 4 days later! It's perfect, nice weight, good detailing, lovely patina and arrived in a little gift box. Very reasonably priced, the saying "you get what you pay for" does not apply here. The low price does NOT indicate low quality. Very impressed and would definitely use this seller again. Recommended.

Pack of 4 Napkins - Paris - 33 x 33cm - Great for Decoupage / Napkin Art - 16-609-28
Offered by Crafty Things

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Service, 8 Feb. 2016
Very quick, ordered late Sunday might, arrived Tuesday. Gorgeous looking, unusual design, and perfect for what I want. Only four in the pack, but the description makes this clear, and since I want them for decoupage, this suits me. Very pleased.

The Slave's Prince
The Slave's Prince

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning Gibberish Alert, 25 Aug. 2015
Do not waste your money on this book. I downloaded a sample, to see if the book made any more sense than the synopsis. It didn't, absolute giberish on the two pages I looked at; couldn't take any more. It's obviously been through a translator, probably several times, either that or it was originally in Klingon. Although I have been scratching my head at how bad it is; I've used a translator for French and German sites, and the rusults while not quite right, usually more or less make sense.

The Marriage List: full-length sweet historical romance
The Marriage List: full-length sweet historical romance

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfying Read, 1 Oct. 2013
As a voracious reader, who gets through a book a day, I'm always glad to find a new to me author with a back catalogue. I really enjoyed this one. Nicely defined characters, with the romance developing from the story, not a sudden declaration out of nowhere. Enough of a plot to keep the pages turning, with a good evocation of the time without endless descriptions of clothing. I'm not too bothered if the dialogue is not totally accurate, as long as the rhythems of speech are correct, and the author manages this well. The only thing out of place, is using "blocks" to measure distance in Regency Bath! A very satisfying read.

A Day in the Life of a 911 Dispatcher
A Day in the Life of a 911 Dispatcher

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 17 Sept. 2013
I work in a call centre myself (not life and death), and like this sort of book to read betwen calls. Unlike a novel, it can be dipped into without losing the thread.
It's a fascinating look at a shift on an emergency call line. I too get the dumb as a box of frogs callers, so can understand his irritation when it prevents genuine emergencies from being answered. I get the impression that the author really cares about his job. Just wish it had been longer.

The Maidenhead
The Maidenhead

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Gem, 4 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Maidenhead (Kindle Edition)
This is not the sort of book I usually read, liking the sophistication of Regency Romances. A novel about very early frontier life is not my thing, but the beauty of the Kindle is to be able to experiment at a good price, with books I'd never find in a book shop. It would have been a shame to have missed this one, because it's a little gem.
It very much avoids the mistake a lot of American authors make in setting a historical tale in Brittain and not quite getting it right, with no sense of the where or when. I know very little of this era, but I get the feeling that the author has done a lot of research and knows the area. A wealth of detail very firmly pins the novel to the era, and for a while I knew what it felt like to be building a new life in a hostile environment. Nothing jarred or was out of place. There is an almost lyrical quality to the writing.
It has an engaging heroine, despite the fact that her morals are suspect. She is shrewd, sly, but above all a survivor. There is good character growth. This was a satisfying read.

The How To Series-3 Book Boxed Set
The How To Series-3 Book Boxed Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 1 Sept. 2013
These books are good value at 49p. The first is a stand alone set 100 years later than the other two, which follow on from each other. They are all rooted in historical events, and the research shows, however the character's actions and speech are not consistent with the era they are set in. This did not bother me, as unlike another reviewer I enjoyed the plots. Yes, they could be described as over the top, but this is fiction after all. The plots clipped along keeping me turning the pages; there's only so many ways a romance can pan out, it's the nuances of the plot that keeps it interesting. And ... a very novel take on the old seduction of a virgin plot in the last book! Unusually for an ebook, I did not notice any typos or formatting errors. If you want the pin point accuracy of the doyenne of historical romance, Georgette Heyer, this is not the book for you. If, however you want a couple of days of escapist reading at an excellent price this is well worth it.

Crossed Quills
Crossed Quills

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 1 May 2013
This review is from: Crossed Quills (Kindle Edition)
This was an absolute joy to read, light hearted and evoking the period perfectly. I loved the banter between Wyn and Gil. I shall be downloading more by this author; there is a large back catalogue and if the others are as good as this one, I shall be a very happy bunny indeed for the next few weeks!

The Beleaguered Earl
The Beleaguered Earl

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it in one day, 27 April 2013
This has much more substance than the Regency Romances I have been reading lately, which have been more like chic lit with manners and silk gowns. The strength of this book is in the sharply defined characters, who grow with the plot. They do not act out of character to fill a plot hole, no sudden declarations of love that come from out of the blue, no death defying last minute rescues. Not a lot happens, it's a subtle plot, but the quality of the writing kept me turning the pages. There were no glaring anachronisms. Names are consistent with both the era and the area the book is set, someting a lot of authors struggle with. If there were any typos, I didn't see them. This was a very satisfying read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4