Profile for Charlie > Reviews

Content by Charlie

Charlie

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Large Reusable Hot Cold Pack Ice Gel Heat Pad | Back Knee Shoulder Ankle Injury | Compress Strap Sleeve Wrap
Offered by Gelpacksdirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliever of running injuries, 16 Jan. 2017
While suffering with the dreaded ''shin splints'' and previously with peroneal tendonitis these gel packs have provided great relief. The only small niggle with the gel pack is that they're often solid after a night in the freezer and need a little persuasion to be made into a leg shape.

The strap which comes with the gel pack houses it perfectly well and has a soft side which is preferable against your skin, however the velcro to secure it in place us on the opposite side and the strap needs a half twist to make the velcro face the right way.
Small niggles aside, this has helped ease post run soreness and provided injury relief for me for months.

Nike Men's Cool Compression Tights,Black/Dark Grey/White,M
Nike Men's Cool Compression Tights,Black/Dark Grey/White,M

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy a size larger and thank the designer for the location of the seams, 17 April 2016
I cannot stress this enough, buy a size larger than you think you need.
I took this advice from another viewer and I thank them for it.
When I opened the package and saw the size of them I genuinely wondered whether I would waste my time trying them on. They looked tiny but they fit well, with a bit of room to spate length-wise.
The compression side of these is always going to have a limit, but these cling to you comfortably with sufficient give so they remain comfortable.
These are warm in the cold and wick away sweat as you warm up.
The most important reason to buy this pair over any other mens running tights is the location of the seams. Look at the cheaper options than this pair - they've all got a seam running right over the crotch! However, this pair have (ahem) provision in the design for the gentleman wearer.
Buy cheaper if you must, but you have been warned.

GORE RUNNING WEAR TESSBM Men's ESSENTIAL 2.0 Baggy Shorts, black, M
GORE RUNNING WEAR TESSBM Men's ESSENTIAL 2.0 Baggy Shorts, black, M

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but not perfect, 17 April 2016
I have recently returned to running after many years away and have had to buy all new kit.
I have never used a Gore branded product but these were a bit of a punt.
These shorts are more light-weight than anything I have run in before and are very comfortable. The problem being these have an inner gusset I would expect only to see on swimwear. It is for this feature that I have removed a star as it limits my use.
There are many positives though. The fact that when you're running they do not rub and they are very light indeed.
There is an extremely useful pocket on the rear which will happily house a car key and house key on the same fob. If you don't have to drive to get to a nice area to run then I imagine your mp3 player would fit quite nicely. There is certainly enough room for a 4th generation ipod nano.

Size-wise they are very good. I am a 32" waist and these sit very well and length-wise they sit above the knee, but not so much that you feel that you're playing tennis in 1976.

I would buy Gore shorts again, but there is another pair I've seen without the gussett which I would consider buying next.

Bigjigs Rail Wooden Red Brick Tunnel - Other Major Rail Brands are Compatible
Bigjigs Rail Wooden Red Brick Tunnel - Other Major Rail Brands are Compatible
Offered by Bigjigs Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to the track, 17 April 2016
I originally bought a generic track which was compatible with the likes of Brio and Bigjigs and this fits in perfectly. My 2 year old likes features on the train track and this is a welcome addition which holds his interest. Every time he builds a new track this is one of the first pieces he reaches for.

Toyrific Kids Pop-Up Football Goals - Set of 2
Toyrific Kids Pop-Up Football Goals - Set of 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust enough for dad to have a go as well, 17 April 2016
Very sturdy and I often have used the goals without pegging them into the ground.
These were bought for my 2 year old, but they are robust enough for dad to have a go as well.
We tend to use a Mitre size 3 football as I imagine anything larger wouldn't be appropriate.

Merrell Rant, Men's Lace-Up Low Top Sneakers - Navy/Bering Sea, 8.5 UK
Merrell Rant, Men's Lace-Up Low Top Sneakers - Navy/Bering Sea, 8.5 UK
Price: Click here to see our price

3.0 out of 5 stars I love the brand and I will continue to but them...but not this style., 28 Oct. 2015
This is at least the tenth pair of Merrells I have bought. I love the brand and I will continue to but them...but not this style.

Merrell Rant are really, really, narrow shoes.
You may be thinking...my Intercepts took a bit of breaking in but they were fine after a while...but so did I and they did, but these wont.
These are very narrow shoes indeed.
I am an 8 in every pair of Merrells I have bought. I ordered an 8 in Merrell Rant, but couldn't fit my feet in them.
I sent them back in favour of an 8.5, but I am still not happy with the half-size up. Again, too narrow, and now they're feeling a bit long.
If I order a 9 they'll probably be the right width, but will feel like clown shoes on me.

So, if you're reading this and have long thin feet rather than my fashionable short fat ones, crack on, buy them, you'll love them. They look like they'll last, they're good looking daps and have a comfy sole - as you'd expect.
They're so nice, in fact, that I'm still considering keeping these in the hope that they wont hurt my feet anymore...but common sense will-out and the 8.5's will be going back too.

Proraso Refreshing Pre Shave Cream
Proraso Refreshing Pre Shave Cream
Offered by Quality Distributors UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, 26 Oct. 2015
Oh my gosh this is an attack on the senses.
I bought this for use as a pre-shave cream as I started using a DE razor a few months ago and have ended up with sore patches where my technique isn't so graceful.
When you open the jar and liberally apply to your beard the eucalyptus and menthol will hit you with such force you will amaze yourself if you remain standing. You will feel like your eyes are about to water and promise yourself that next time you'll use the product a little more sparingly.

I use Arko shave soap with a badger brush (shave gels in a can dry your skin and many people are allergic due to their preservatives and propellants) and I use a DE razor when I have time on my side and a Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 when I'm in a hurry.

The test of this product was in the use of the razor.
With the Wilkinson Sword I found that I had a much closer shave than before and my skin felt fantastic.
With the DE razor blade I found that the soreness was less.

This is advertised as a pre and post shave cream. I will never use it for post shave. The scent is far too strong and the cream is rather thick. I will continue using my regular moisturiser and a dab of eau de cologne when the occasion requires it.

I will buy this product again and I will look for other proraso products to adorn my shelf in the bathroom.

Helly Hansen Fjord Canvas, Men's Low-Top Sneakers, Blue (Navy), 8 UK (42 EU)
Helly Hansen Fjord Canvas, Men's Low-Top Sneakers, Blue (Navy), 8 UK (42 EU)

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy with my purchase, 24 Sept. 2015
Reasonable fit - right width; marginally long for me, but not enough to cry about.
Bought for holidays and for wearing with shorts and as its HH I know the comfort isn't an issue as I've had HH walking boots for years.
Surprised with the discount I got (I paid £13.50 and a pair of M&S espadrilles will cost £20 and last less than a summer)

Bigger Leaner Stronger: The Simple Science of Building the Ultimate Male Body (The Build Healthy Muscle Series)
by Michael Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars Every now and again you will read a book and something will just click., 24 Sept. 2015
Every now and again you will read a book and something will just click.
This book just makes so much sense and the author's website backs up the books and the author himself takes pride in replying to every email/facebook contact he receives. (I'm sure I've irritated him with enough queries already)
The author lives what he writes and posts pictures of himself and constant advice and inspiration.

In summary Wanna take 12 months of your life and get ripped?
This book will guide you how to do it.
Hint: Diet is king.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2015 6:38 PM BST

Frozen [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Frozen [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Chris Buck

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this., 24 Sept. 2015
Do you have a child of any age?
Buy this.
Seriously.
Stamp "Frozen" on a breeze block and children will want it.

Good 3D (look at my other 3D reviews - I'm a critical sod and would say if it wasn't)
Good story - you probably know this already.
I know 1yr olds, 3 yr olds and 7 yr olds who are equally content to watch this in silence (for varying amounts of time)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9