Profile for M. Burgess > Reviews

M. Burgess (Poole)

Unimet Battery-Operated Screwdriver
Unimet Battery-Operated Screwdriver

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage!! Don't waste your money!!!, 1 July 2016
Rubbish. Broke the second time I used it. Gone in the bin.

Don't waste your money pay more get something of quality.

Cradle to Grave Series 1 [DVD] [2015]
Cradle to Grave Series 1 [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Laurie Kynaston

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very funny., 1 July 2016
Very funny. Can't wait for series 2. Some good belly laughs. Someone is sure to moan about the language though. Saddoes.

AA Road Atlas France 2015 Spiral
AA Road Atlas France 2015 Spiral
by AA Publishing
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent map. Doe's exactly what it says. Buy one!, 1 July 2016
On our way to Spain we drove down through France with this. No problems. Would not hesitate to recommend

AA Road Atlas Spain and Portugal
AA Road Atlas Spain and Portugal
by AA Publishing
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Doe's exactly what is says - Road Atlas. Excellent comprehensive map., 1 July 2016
Doe's exactly what is says - Road Atlas. An Atlas of roads. Even with a sat-nav there uis still a place for one of these in the car. Drove to Spain this year and used it to plot routes. Always got where we wanted to go

Cath Kidston Birdcage Umbrella Cherry
Cath Kidston Birdcage Umbrella Cherry
Offered by FAB BRANDS

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made - a WASTE of money!!!, 1 July 2016
I bought this fabulous looking umbrella for my partner. It suited her perfectly. She loved the colour, the design and the shape alas she rarely uses it as she drives most places so we thought it would last her out, as it were.

This was not the case. After using it probably no more than 5 times, one of the spindles broke and punctured the outer fabric rendering it useless. Branded as Cath Kidston I contacted them and in a nutshell they were not interested.

Profit first, customer satisfaction last. So I would have been better of buying her 13 £2 cheapo umbrellas. She would still have 8 left if they all broke after one opening.

Buying designer products in this day and age is a waste of money as I imagine most are made in China - where the £2 brolly comes from.

Don't waste your money on this product. When it breaks they will disown it!!!

Sony BDP-S6500 Blu-ray/DVD Player with Super Quick Start, 3D, Super WiFi and 4K Upscaling

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, Simple & Fast***, 30 Jun. 2016
My last DVD player was a Panasonic - a lovely machine BTU took ages from switch on to get film going. It would not respond to any command until it went through a preset start up protocol. But this one - WOW- Immediate response, press the open tray button & in a nanosecond it's open. It is HALF the size of my Panasonic. This is without doubt a simple piece of kit and a SONY to boot. Couldn't want anything else. I have not hooked up to internet so cannot comment on this aspect. If you want a space saving, easy and QUICK to use player that also plays Cd's this is the solution.

I didn't read the instructions - it's that simple I didn't need to!!!

Roast Beef on Frogs' Legs - An Englishman's Encounters with the French
Roast Beef on Frogs' Legs - An Englishman's Encounters with the French

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 18 Jun. 2013
I found this book most entertaining, funny and quite fascinating. Easy to read but hard to put down - extremely well researched and informative. I learnt very much from it (as did my wife too)A French Affair: A Delicious Slice of Life à la française: 1 and would highly recommend it. Read, laugh and enjoy!

Dorset (Landmark Visitor Guide)
Dorset (Landmark Visitor Guide)
by Richard Sale

5.0 out of 5 stars Dorset (Visitor Guide), 17 July 2009
I moved to Dorset two years ago and wanted to explore the natural beauty.
So I bought this book!
What a beautiful book - incredibly informative and full of stunning photos. This has become my 'bible'.
For the money you could not do better. with maps, tips and a wealth of history you wouldn't need any other publication apart from a good OS Map! Sorted

Goodmans GHD8015f2 twin tuner digital tv recorder with 80gb hdd
Goodmans GHD8015f2 twin tuner digital tv recorder with 80gb hdd

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST piece of hardware ever purchased, 13 Nov. 2008
Goodmans GHD8015f2

I've just read the other review and am sadly upset by it. Let's bore you to death first. A review is only any use if the person who writes it has had experience of buying duff items. At 59 I've bought a lot of things I regretted.

I bought my GHD8015f2 almost 2 yrs ago. It was an impulse purchase and the best thing I've ever bought. Why?

Well, it is simpler to use than my mobile phone. It does everything I want it to do without ever letting me down. the picture quality on playback is exactly the same as the original broadcast.

Noisy? When you press the RECORD button the hard disk kicks in and makes a whirring sound for about 3 seconds, the noise thereafter is no more than a VCR tape being played.

You can watch one channel and record another, you can playback a recording whilst recording something else. You can view the EPG whilst playing a recording. Virtually all actions are ONE button.

I haven't turned mine off for two years and it has recorded everything I have set it to record. Setting the recording is so simple - bring up the EPG highlight the programme - press RECORD and a red line appears under that programme - that's it, job done. To take it out again locate item with red line, press RECORD and red line will disappear and will no longer record. What could be simpler?

I cannot fault this machine. Another review commented on it's looks. I did not buy this machine to admire it.

The display is easy to read and on standby you just have a clear digital clock display. Nothing else. The EPG is far better laid out than that on other machines, uncluttered and big. It does not have Top-up TV and for that I'm glad as you lose a lot of recording space.

Remote controller is simple and uncluttered. If only everything else I have were this simple. In fact my 32" LCD TV is far more complicated and as for my mobile........

So, if you 2 programmes clash, watch one, record the other. What I really really like is recording a film that I not too sure I will like. Then I can skim through it with the advance button in 1 minute increments giving me a flavour of the film. If it looks like I might like it I'll watch it at another time or if it looks a bit iffy or I've seen it before, delete.

When it come to any action to do with deleting it will always give you a message 'Do you want to delete this? YES/NO. Deleting a 3 hour film takes about 5 seconds.

Go and buy one - terrific value
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 29, 2009 8:40 PM GMT