Profile for bmi > Reviews

Murad City Skin Overnight Detox Moisturiser
Murad City Skin Overnight Detox Moisturiser

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 28 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Murad is one of the so called 'cosmicutical' brands, ie developed by doctor/dermatologist and offering cosmetic and pharmaceutical benefits. Of these brands Murad is, in my opinion, one of the better ones.

I had spent a little too long in the sun and had a heat rash on my chest so I thought I would see what effect this had. Overnight it completely calmed it down. On top of that the skin on my face felt very moisturised and soft.

Personally I find the almost negligible smell a little off putting, it is slightly weird and vegetal but given the way the product feels in action am moe than prepared to put up with it.

I have been using this for a week now and believe I am seeing a real difference in my skin and the way it feels.

Beneath the Surface: The critically acclaimed mystery from the bestselling author (An Inspector Tom Reynolds Mystery)
by Jo Spain

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 25 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really enjoyed this. Good plot line, characters you could care about, good discovery process and a fair number of red herrings to keep you off your guard.

What I found particularly interest was not just the story line and the quality of the writing but the additional element which was the corruption and bad practice surrounding Ireland's natural assets.

If this is true the Irish should be be very disappointed with their legislative bodies.

I will definitely look out for more books from Jo Spain.

Where Dead Men Meet: The adventure thriller of the year
Where Dead Men Meet: The adventure thriller of the year
by Mark Mills

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun and very enjoyable to read, 25 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Hugely enjoyable and well written thriller. I very much hope there will be a sequel.

Whilst the story line is implausible, the coincidences are breathtaking, the goodies so good and the baddies so bad, this is an excellent read and very well written. You care about the characters and hope they will win through.

Definitely kept me up late on holiday to finish it.

The Transition
The Transition
by Luke Kennard

3.0 out of 5 stars Strangely flat, 25 Jun. 2017
This review is from: The Transition (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I know many people who are in a similar predicament to those in this novel. Writing essays for money living the high life on credit cards, believing they have been betrayed by the older generation.

I liked the premise of this novel but was disappointed that it never took off to become either an indictment of the way we live now or a black comedy. The ending was strangely flat - perhaps there is a sequel in the offing.

The Freedom Broker (Thea Paris 1)
The Freedom Broker (Thea Paris 1)
by K. J. Howe

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 25 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Definitely at the comic strip end of fiction this is an engaging romp with a Modesty Blaise like heroine who kicks ass with the best and has an Achilles heel like ongoing illness.

Dripping luxury brand names like confetti with an equal delight in branding a selection of lethal guns this is still an engaging holiday or commuter read.

I'll read the next one as I hope the author will relax a little and lets the characters breathe a little.

Design Toscano "Clever Chickadee Hanging" Candle Holder - Brown
Design Toscano "Clever Chickadee Hanging" Candle Holder - Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Very strange, 25 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very odd object that is strangely appealing ......;.. Imagine a Punk Goth got together with Quacker from Tom and Jerry and made a large rusty metal structure somewhat approximating a strange chick with a possibly dangerous metal tail is you hang it at head height .... Well that is this.

It says it s a bird feeder or candle holder - well you would have to put about .5 of a kilo in to fill it up and as a candle holder the base is round so you have to half fill it with sand so the candle stands up straight.

As I said we were strangely taken this with so having tried a variety of saucers and bowls inside (no use) we made a little cardboard platform, covered it with gaffer tape and then piled up a selection of finest organic seeds we normally use when making bread. Currently it is hanging from the washing line. So far the birds have taken little notice of it.

It very likely would make a good bird bath, particularly in this hot weather. I think you would have to leave the little door open. I have a slight concern as to what the metal is and hope this would not be toxic. Or you could fill it with oil and put some wicks in it.

Best of all perhaps is just to accept it is a strange and wonderful thing.

Philips myGarden LED Abelia Portable Lantern, Green
Philips myGarden LED Abelia Portable Lantern, Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the garden or a walk in the country, 12 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This provides incredible light in that it is good enough to be able to read a book in the dark. At this sort of brightness it lasts about three hours. Love the fact it is water proof as well.

My daughter is insisting she borrows this to go camping. I have pointed out to her she will need to be able to find a way to recharge it and that it going to take some time.

Personally, I like the glossy green and minimalist design. Think it looks good and is very light and easy to carry.

Why did I knock a spot off? Well, I found the on off switch depression thing, which is also how you moderate the level of light required a lot of pressure and is very sensitive to your being in exactly the right spot.

Kiss the Moon CALM After Dark Sleep Balm 12ml
Kiss the Moon CALM After Dark Sleep Balm 12ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Really like this, 2 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like aromatherapy so I am already half way to being converted on this one. I'd always thought that it was chamomile and lavender that helped you relax and go to sleep but have noticed sandalwood as an ingredient in a number of aromatherapy sleep products.
I've been using this for ten days now, and find it very therapeutic and that it smells delicious. Normally I find it takes ages to get to sleep but find this really helpful. Also if you wake in the night you can use it again. 12ml is not a lot of product though so it is one that you are only going to use on pulse points. If you like to lather things on you might want to think again.

The other thing worth mentioning is that it comes beautifully packaged with a little bow on top. Definitely a great gift for a stressed out friend or family member.

Belkin Duratek USB-C to USB-C Premium Charge and Sync Cable, Compatible with MacBook Pro/MacBook/Google Pixel and Other USB-C Compatible Devices (USB-IF Certified), 4 feet/1.2 m - Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but a tad expensive, 2 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Attractive, nice sort of silky binding which means it does not kink like some of the cheaper cables. It also means iot is easier to make sure no-one walks off with your cable only to discover it is the strange C format.

I've found it fits really well, either into my device or the plug I am using it with.

The reason I have given it four stars is that it is expensive. Yes I know it's a Belkin but there is a limit as to how much more you pay for a not very long cable.

Fresh 'n Rebel 3.5 mm Rockbox Brick Fabriq Edition Wired/Wireless Bluetooth Speaker with Integrated USB Powerbank - Concrete Ruby

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little speaker, 19 May 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A neat little speaker with pretty good sound in a smallish room or when you are travelling. Bass is a little on the low side according to frequency app on my phone but that is okay at this size and price.

Very simple to set up with my tablet and phone (Android).

Battery life is good and personally I like the brick shape as you can use it upright or on its side. Also like the fact it came with an usb charger.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20