Profile for Fiona Barrett > Reviews

Content by Fiona Barrett

Fiona Barrett "IrishFi" (Ireland)

Magimix Le Toaster 2 Slot, Brushed Finish 11516
Magimix Le Toaster 2 Slot, Brushed Finish 11516

3.0 out of 5 stars great apart from fading numbers on dial, 8 Sept. 2010
We got this as a wedding gift, and I love it, only that I am really annoyed at the numbers on the dial. We only had it a few months and they started to come off. A year later and only the number 4 remains! I contacted the manufacturer, to be told I would have to bring it back to where I bought it! Bad & unhelpful response! It is a good toaster, but would have expected the numbers to stay on the dial!

A Place Called Here
A Place Called Here

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 15 April 2007
This review is from: A Place Called Here (Paperback)
I will say that I did like this book, but I was disappointed with the ending, it felt a little rushed. The start was a bit slow and it wasn't clear either how the ending came about. but still a good read and I'm still a big fan of Ms. Ahern's books. Look forward to her next one, whenever that may be.

Future Sex / Love Sounds
Future Sex / Love Sounds
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars can't stop listening to it!!, 25 Nov. 2006
I loved his first album, and was worried that this 2nd one may not live up to it, but it definately has and I recommend anyone who liked his first one, or even his first single from this album to get it if you haven't already. I love Sexyback, so that would be my fave song on the album. What goes around comes around is sounding very like another song about Britney, eventhough he has stated in an interview that its not about her, but listen to the words and I think you'll agree!

Funky album, love it.

If You Could See Me Now
If You Could See Me Now

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting story of imagination, 25 Nov. 2006
I was really looking forward to this 3rd book from Cecilia Ahern. But at first when I started into the book I wasn't sure I was going to like it, I was getting confused and took a few chapters for me to get into it. But I really liked it, it was a delightful story which got your imagination going. Dying to get her 4th one now.

Jagged Little Pill Acoustic
Jagged Little Pill Acoustic
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Still sounds amazing, 9 Aug. 2005
I bought the original Jagged Little Pill 10 years ago and it has always been my most favourite album ever, nothing else has topped it. I had just ordered my copy of this new acoustic one when I went to find my old copy, to find that the actual cd has gone missing from its case, so I wasn't happy! Thankfully this cd arrived today and I have something to compensate my loss!!
Its amazing, after 10 years the songs still sound raw and fantastic. It brought back memories of when I used to listen to it over and over when I first bought it. As one reviewer said, there isn't one song you want to skip, they are all truly amazing.
I have seen Alanis live twice and she's unrealy, so much energy!

Where Rainbows End
Where Rainbows End

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 9 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Where Rainbows End (Paperback)
I read Cecilia's first book, PS I Love you and I thought I broke my record of how fast I read it, 1 week! But this one I read in 3 days, granted I was on the beach in Mallorca, but still, I am not a fast reader and I could not put this down.
I was finding myself getting frustrated at the characters not getting their act together and just admitting to their feelings, but that's how engrossed I got in the book! I just loved it and didn't want it to be finished! I almost started all over again!
Hope her next book is equally as good as the last 2!

No Dress Rehearsal
No Dress Rehearsal
by Marian Keyes

5.0 out of 5 stars wish it was longer!, 23 May 2005
This review is from: No Dress Rehearsal (Paperback)
I knew I was buying a very short story, and I wasn't sure what to expect before I started to read it, but I loved it and couldn't put it down. As with all Marian's books, I wished it wouldn't end. I'd love to have been able to read a bit more.

PS, I Love You
PS, I Love You

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely read, 22 Mar. 2005
This review is from: PS, I Love You (Paperback)
I am not normally a fan of these type of soft hearted and slushy books, normally its Patricia Cornwell for me, but I gave in to reading it and I could not put it down. I am a slow reader at the best of times, but I read this book in a week, which is a world record for me! It was funny and sad at the same time, I even shed a tear! I loved it so much I didn't want to put it down and when it ended I wanted more!
I am looking forward to reading her new book as soon as I've finished what I'm currently reading.
I highly recommend it.

Trace
Trace
by Patricia Cornwell

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 15 Mar. 2005
This review is from: Trace (Hardcover)
I used to be a huge fan of Patricia Cornwell, but after reading Blowfly and now Trace, I think they are pretty poor. I did prefer Trace to Blowfly, but I was disappointed with the ending and I just couldn't keep concentrated on it, which in the end took me over 3 months to read, which is what happens to me when I don't really enjoy a book. I hope if she writes another that its back to what she used to be.

Blow Fly
Blow Fly
by Patricia Cornwell

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit disappointing, 28 Sept. 2004
This review is from: Blow Fly (Paperback)
I am a big fan of Patrica Cornwell's books, I have read all her Scarpetta series, and was very excited to buy this new one, however I was a bit disappointed with this one.
I found it very slow and hard to understand what was happening at times. I could not keep my concentration on it for long. I felt the story was a bit weak and quite frankly was sick of this character Chandonne (sorry not sure of spelling!).
I have ordered her new book Trace, so hopefully this will be a better read.