Profile for Dorset Lady > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Pot Luck
Pot Luck

4.0 out of 5 stars A different type of seaside read., 14 April 2017
This review is from: Pot Luck (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book because I live in Weymouth where it is primarily set. Like Broadchurch, also set in Dorset it shows you a sleazier side of life behind the picture postcard images. The different characters are well portrayed and the significance of the pig tale woven through the plot was a bit of a shocker which l didn't see coming. A surprisingly enjoyable read which could have been longer.

Yimai Gurkha Stainless Steel Balisong Butterfly Training Knife With Screwdriver (Camouflage)
Offered by Wild Wolf Outdoor

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool gift for a teenage boy, 16 Feb. 2017
This knife was a present for a 13 year old boy who was absolutely thrilled with it and did not have a negative word to say about it.

The Girl on the Pier
The Girl on the Pier

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 21 Dec. 2016
A book that I didn't want to put down and I was disappointed to turn the page and find the story had ended. I felt that Part Two was not as well written as part one. The observations in part one were more lyrical and poetic and this seems to lessen in the second half which seemed a bit rushed. I would recommend this to anyone who likes a mystery.

All the Light We Cannot See
All the Light We Cannot See

5.0 out of 5 stars A real gem., 21 Nov. 2016
Wow, what a great read. Having read the kindle version I bought the book for my husband because I enjoyed it so much. If you enjoy really good literature this is a must. Do not not pass up the chance to read it because you think you don't like books about the war. My husband did not like the fact that it started at the end but then lots of books start that way and I do not mind. The characters were beautifully portrayed and you really got to know them well. It is not a all lived happily together at the end type of book but real life is not like that. This book has joined the limited list of books I will read again one day.

Theraband - Yellow - Thin Resistance (2 M)
Theraband - Yellow - Thin Resistance (2 M)
Offered by First4Health

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 21 Nov. 2016
Delivered promptly but the product is much thinner than other bands of this type that I have used. I know that is to reflect the low resistance but I am not convinced that it will stand up to much use. Not bad for the price though.

The Trader of Saigon
The Trader of Saigon

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 21 Nov. 2016
A good read. It really transported you into Saigon. Believable and sympathetic characters.

Mini Wooden Croaking Frog Güiro - Fair Trade Percussion Instrument - Fun for all Ages.
Offered by UK SELLER TheGermanMarket - FAST DELIVERY

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute frog, 21 Nov. 2016
Cute and noisy. A joke gift for someone which was appreciated. Delivery prompt and packaging good.

Shock Absorber Womens SA D+ Max Bra, N109 , Black, 34DD
Shock Absorber Womens SA D+ Max Bra, N109 , Black, 34DD

2.0 out of 5 stars Sizing too small., 21 Nov. 2016
I bought this bra because already have a Shock Absorber bra so of course I ordered the same size. This one is very tight so on the last hooks. In addition the band at the bottom where the label is stuck out in such a way that I could get a whole finger beneath it. Very odd. I can only assume it was because it was too tight which I don't understand if my current bra fits fine.
Comment Comment | Permalink

sourcingmap® Lady Metal Floral Interlocking Buckle Cinch Band Waist Belt Blue
sourcingmap® Lady Metal Floral Interlocking Buckle Cinch Band Waist Belt Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Gift, 21 Nov. 2016
Very nice belt which I bought for a young lady as a present I hope she will like it. Product true to photograph and the quality is good.

While My Eyes Were Closed: The #1 Bestseller
While My Eyes Were Closed: The #1 Bestseller

3.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read, 25 Jun. 2016
I have to admit that I did put this book down very early on as I was so angry that a mother would ever let a child so young out of her sight in public at such a young age. But having nothing else to read I did return to the story and it was a very insightful portrayal of the anguish of parenthood that never seems to leave you however old your children are.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5