Profile for l3jog > Reviews

300 Paper Pieced Quilt Blocks
300 Paper Pieced Quilt Blocks
by Carol Doak

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Reference, 3 April 2016
Love paper piecing so this and her other books are essential reference books for me. I like the way she shows you what four blocks look like so you can see the pattern emerging.

Quiltmaker's 1,000 Blocks: The Complete Collection of Quilt Blocks From Today's Top Designers
by Carolyn Beam Paula Stoddard Diane Volk Harris Denise Starck Amy Rullkoetter

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful book, 3 April 2016
More blocks than you could possibly ever use - my only comment is that at least half of them have been duplicated in other books I have - but saying that there are still a good many that haven't! It's definitely a book every quilter should have on the shelf.

The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Series, Book 2)
The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Series, Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Still original...., 11 Jan. 2016
12 hours after writing the review for the first in the series I will write again for this second instalment. I enjoyed this one just as much and again it kept me turning the pages to see where the story led - if I have a negative comment it's only that I would of liked a longer book! Well worth a quick read - I like the originality of the story line and I'm about to start book 3 with eager anticipation!!! I shall certainly look for this author in the future. She says she has Brandon Sanderson as her mentor - well you can't do better than that can you?

The Paper Magician (The Paper Magician Series, Book 1)
The Paper Magician (The Paper Magician Series, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Original, 10 Jan. 2016
This has to be one of the most original stories I've read in a long time, it completely captivated me and I read it in one sitting. I know it's supposed to be for a young adult reader (and I'm long past my sell-by-date) but it just had such a different approach to the normal magician stories that I truly didn't know what the next page would bring. Absolutely loved it and I'm now poised to leap into Book 2....... Definitely 5*+

White Glitter Unicorn Girls T-shirt - Light Pink 9-11 Years
White Glitter Unicorn Girls T-shirt - Light Pink 9-11 Years
Offered by Big Mouth Clothing Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Granddaughter loved it, so I'm happy but I thought it ..., 5 Jan. 2016
Granddaughter loved it, so I'm happy but I thought it quite expensive for a child's tee shirt to be honest.

Early Learning Centre Figurines (Tablet)
Early Learning Centre Figurines (Tablet)

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems like a great present for a toddler, 14 Nov. 2015
Seems like a great present for a toddler! It's for my grandsons first birthday so hopefully he'll find it interesting and he will play with it!

AccuQuilt Go! Fabric Cutting Dies-Strip Cutter 2-inch, Other, Multicoloured
AccuQuilt Go! Fabric Cutting Dies-Strip Cutter 2-inch, Other, Multicoloured

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential piece of kit for quilters, 26 Aug. 2015
These strip cutters are so useful - most quilt patterns have quite a few lengths needed so this cuts a lot of perfect strips very quickly and accurately. Depending on how generously you cut the piece of fabric needed, you really don't get much waste - I cut a 1/4" over either side so I only get a maximum of 1/2" waste. That's a small price to pay in my opinion for the ease of use. I have 4 various width strip cutters now and use them far more than the geometric shapes. Picture shows quilt top made in an afternoon all cut with Accuquilt strip cutters. Highly recommended.
Comment Comment | Permalink

AccuQuilt Go! Fabric Cutting Dies-Strip Cutter 1-1/2-inch, Other, Multicoloured
AccuQuilt Go! Fabric Cutting Dies-Strip Cutter 1-1/2-inch, Other, Multicoloured

5.0 out of 5 stars A Quilters Must-Have, 17 July 2015
I ordered this from BIC warehouse in the U.S. thinking it would take weeks to get here when in fact it arrived the following week. Very impressed with their service and I have now ordered two more. If you quilt then these strip cutters are indispensable. Highly recommended.

Vicious Circle (The Hector Cross Novels Book 2)
Vicious Circle (The Hector Cross Novels Book 2)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., 28 Dec. 2014
Like so many other reviewers I've been a fan since the early 70's and have read all his books, except these Hector Cross, but after reading reviews I decided to skip the first and try the second ( it gives all the storyline of the first book anyway) and have just finished it. Well...... Yes it was quite badly written especially in the start, more like a novel written in the 1930's I thought. The story was good but in parts it was sickeningly violent, I don't like stuff like that and I felt quite ill afterwards!! In essence I agree with most other people in that it was so far inferior to his early works I can't believe it's his name on the cover! Who can forget the magnificent Sunbird or Sean Courtney in his prime? Yes - disappointing sadly.

Odif 505AD | Temporary Spray on Glue/Adhesive | 250ml
Odif 505AD | Temporary Spray on Glue/Adhesive | 250ml
Offered by sewing-online

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Nov. 2014
Good product at good price promptly sent. Will reorder when needed

Page: 1 | 2