Profile for mel > Reviews

mel

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT AND EXCELLENT PRICE, 3 Dec. 2015
My 7 year old daughter saved up for this and having used it for a while we are very pleased with it. It arrived on time, well packed and was very easy to set up. The instructions include a guide on how to put parental controls on. You can download apps, games, films etc through Google Play. I found it difficult to find a case on the high street that fits, so with hindsight I would have ordered a case with it (there is 50% off code on the description of the ones from this supplier, it would also have taken us over the price band for free delivery if I had done this). An Ipad would have been out of reach for my daughter to buy herself so the price is great, and for a child it is as good as the Ipad and not as disastrous if it gets dropped. I bought a micro SD card to increase the memory but haven't used it yet. Well worth the money.

The Husband's Secret
The Husband's Secret
by Liane Moriarty

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly different, 21 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Husband's Secret (Paperback)
Wow, what an amazing book. I read A LOT and am always looking for something a bit different and I found it in this book. The first few chapters were a little confusing, trying to keep track of 3 different families and how they were linked with each other. I have to confess I skipped to the bit where the contents of the letter are revealed (it's near the beginning but did spoil the section preceeding it when I read it properly so don't do it). The characters are believable and easy to like (or dislike) and as a wife and mum it did really make me question what I would do in every situation in the book. Things are never that clear cut are they and this book really demonstrates it and the different outcomes. Midway through the book I was wondering where it was going to go and hoping it would move on a bit faster but the ending is really EXCELLENT (don't try and guess it) and I always love an epilogue and this book has the best one I've ever read, completely changing how I'd seen the story in just a few pages. If you love Sliding Doors or even JK Rowling Casual Vacancy (about how the actions of villagers affect other seemingly unconnected people and the ripples through people's lives that they cause) then you'll love this. And it will make you look at your past and wonder what if?

A Gathering Storm: An Irish Contemporary Romance Novel
A Gathering Storm: An Irish Contemporary Romance Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this woman a book deal, 18 July 2013
I bought this because I read an article about the author self publishing it and thought I'd give it a go and show some support to someone trying to realise their ambition. However, I absolutely loved it. Great story, believable characters that you root for, well written, couldn't put it down. As good as adele parks. Can't wait for her next book. This book has no less than 4.5 stars, publishers looking for new talent take note!

The Casual Vacancy
The Casual Vacancy
by J. K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, I loved it, 30 April 2013
This review is from: The Casual Vacancy (Hardcover)
I bought this because of the Harry Potter link, if it had been written by anyone else I probably would have passed it by. BUT I am so glad I read it. Takes a while to get into because there are so many characters to remember and get to know but it was just amazing. I love how one action causes so many ripples in the community, how everyone is inter connected and it was very thought provoking at times. Well written (of course). A masterpiece.

Skull Slime
Skull Slime

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 26 April 2013
This review is from: Skull Slime (Toy)
Love this product and buy it every year for my kids Halloween party. Is gooey and slimy and purple and disgusting. Turns to liquid after a few months in the pot. The pot is fairly heavy duty and I keep them for decoration for next years party. Price increases near Halloween

Bloody Putty, Red Blood Slime
Bloody Putty, Red Blood Slime
Offered by OPEN ALL HOURS 24/7 LTD

2.0 out of 5 stars Very small quantity, 26 April 2013
I bought this for a touchy feely box and there just wasn't enough. Pack is flat and is about 1.5 inch square. Don't know how it covered the ha d in the picture.

Vax H90-GA-B Gator Handheld Vacuum Cleaner - Orange
Vax H90-GA-B Gator Handheld Vacuum Cleaner - Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 April 2013
My first hand held vacuum but I really like this one. Powerful enough. Takes a long time to charge then only lasts 15 minutes but I think that is how it is with handhelds. Not too heavy. Like the plug in charger rather than a bulky cradle.

Stressed is desserts spelt.. funny fridge magnet (ep)
Stressed is desserts spelt.. funny fridge magnet (ep)
Offered by Signs-Unique

4.0 out of 5 stars As described, 26 April 2013
Nice product, as described. Decent quality magnet. Funny quote to make you smile every day. Would recommend buying this item

75 x White Greaseproof Paper Food / Cake / Cooking / Sweet Bags - 7" x 7"
75 x White Greaseproof Paper Food / Cake / Cooking / Sweet Bags - 7" x 7"

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 26 April 2013
They were as described but nothing special. I bought for a christening and wish I'd spent a bit more to get a fancier product. But if you only need a plain basic bag, these are fine. Served their purpose.

Hot Pink Frame Place Cards (Pack of 50) (XPPC17)
Hot Pink Frame Place Cards (Pack of 50) (XPPC17)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 26 April 2013
Thick card and the pink edging looks good, been printed well. Used them for a christening. Would recommend this item

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4