Profile for Henrietta, London > Reviews

Content by Henrietta, London

Henrietta, London (New York)

My Magical Oasis: Art Therapy Colouring Book for Creative Minds
My Magical Oasis: Art Therapy Colouring Book for Creative Minds
by Eglantine de La Fontaine

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful images for colouring-in..., 22 April 2015
I really can't wait for this book to be published. I have already seen some advance material and the illustrations are simply quite magical...Can't wait to get colouring-in

Street Culture
Street Culture
by Gavin Baddeley

5.0 out of 5 stars Street Culture about to hit the shelves, 9 April 2015
This review is from: Street Culture (Paperback)
Just heard that this book will be published in April 2015 and had a sneak preview of the final proofs. It looks absolutely great. It's been a long time coming but definitely worth the wait. Can't wait to order a copy as I'm sure this will be the best 'cultural book' on the subject given all of Gavin Baddeley's previous works -- of which I am a huge fan. Particularly love Lucifer Rising, Goth Chic, Vampire Lovers, Goth: Vamps and Dandies, Dissecting Marilyn Manson and his book with Cradle of Filth.

Freak Out
Freak Out
by Pauline Butcher

5.0 out of 5 stars What a gem! Excellent radio 4 adaptation of this book, Freak Out:My Life With Frank Zappa, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Freak Out (Paperback)
Have just ordered this book and simply can't wait to read it as I have just listened to a fascinating story by Pauline Butcher in the form of a play/adaptation of her book on Radio 4. It's all about this young woman's life with Frank Zappa in the sixties. Fascinating stuff.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2014 2:01 PM BST

Being Benedict Cumberbatch
Being Benedict Cumberbatch
by Joanne Benecke

5.0 out of 5 stars Here comes the next Mrs Benedict Cumberbatch, 30 April 2014
I am a massive Benedict Cumberbatch fan. I saw this book at the London Book Fair....and got a sneak preview of the page proofs. It looks brilliant and funny. Not a straightforward biography but with loads of great pictures of Benedict and side bars and fun things to interact with. I sat and read the proofs on the publisher's stand. I loved Joanna Benecke's book,100 Reasons to Love Ryan Gosling but l know I will love this one more. Cannot wait for my copy to arrive.

Style Me Vintage: Clothes: A Guide to Sourcing and Creating Retro Looks
Style Me Vintage: Clothes: A Guide to Sourcing and Creating Retro Looks
by Naomi Thompson

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy these books individually, 11 Feb. 2013
The Style Me Vintage books are expensive for what they are. However they are packaged well to look good but there's little creativity here on the part of the editors or publisher, but what made me really angry is that I had already bought Style Me Vintage Clothes, Style Me Vintage Hair, Style Me Vintage Make-Up costing at least £30 and I then bought Style Me Vintage Step-by-step-Retro Look Book at £20 only to discover when it arrived that all it is, is the identical 3 Style Me Vintage titles that I had already bought, all 3 titles bound up together in one volume, with absolutely no mention of this anywhere. Why would a Publisher do this unless they were behaving in a fraudulent manner? I would never have bought this 4th book if I had known it contained the same titles, so as far as I am concerned this is fraudulent practice as the Publisher does not mention or make this clear anywhere...

Taylor Lautner Album
Taylor Lautner Album
by Amy Carpenter

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, fantastic book with loads of great photos, 28 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Taylor Lautner Album (Paperback)
I was given this beautiful book for Xmas and wow it is the coolest book you will ever find on Taylor. He's so gorgeous and I've just read the biography and there's loads of stuff in it I didn't know. What I like about it is that it covers Taylor's life in great detail from when he was a child movie star right up to the filming of New Moon. All my close friends are definitely in Team Taylor, and we are all big Twilighters but this book proves he's the best. My mum's going to buy me 2 more copies -- one to cut out all the full page photographs (which there are loads) to put up on my wall and the other one to keep pristine. Just love this book and Taylor!

Sarah -- the biggest Taylor fan