Profile for B. N. Smith > Reviews

Content by B. N. Smith

B. N. Smith "spacesmith" (london)

Ends.: Why we overlook endings for humans, products, services and digital. And why we shouldn't.
by Joe Macleod

5.0 out of 5 stars All good things must come to an end, 15 Jun. 2017
This is a great book telling the obvious failing in most of our approaches to business and life. That we don't have a plan for what happens when things end. Neither as consumer nor as providers of products and services. That we pay a high price for ignoring this. To help you personally and for whatever it is that you do for work you should read this book.

MIDWEC Solar Powered Ultrasonic Bird Cat Repellent Dog Repeller Animal Scarer-Motion Activated

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeping out foxes and cats, 6 May 2017
I have bought three of these for our front and back gardens, easy to put into a flowerbed or lawn using the spike provided. One of our's is glued to a shed where we keep prams and scooters and stuff. You can hear the beeping, the kids hear it more than we do but it is localised and doesn't seem to adversely effect our neighbours dogs. It has kept our garden free of cats and foxes. You need to make sure that they are on though, occasionally I turn them off and when I've left them off all night the foxes have come back into our garden.

Minky Retractable Reel Washing Line, 30m of drying space
Minky Retractable Reel Washing Line, 30m of drying space
Offered by Heritage Home and Garden

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to put up works a treat, 6 May 2017
Easy to put up with the included plugs and screws. Line works really well, got a double just in case our kids take out one of the lines I don't have to go through the hassle of putting another one up. Line is holding up well and not stretching too much when fully loaded. We have three kids so it's getting plenty of use. I do recommend that you buy a pole for it if your going over 3 m (10ft) as otherwise it will dip.

The Innovation Maze: 4 Routes to a Successful New Business Case
The Innovation Maze: 4 Routes to a Successful New Business Case
by Gijs van Wulfen

5.0 out of 5 stars I found thsi more useful than the innovation expedition book, 9 Sept. 2016
Really helpful guide to explaining the questioning process and providing challenge to teams determined to leap to a solution. Every intrapreneur should have one to hand. I found thsi more useful than the innovation expedition book.

Boot Liner Mat Tray With Velour Charcoal Carpet
Boot Liner Mat Tray With Velour Charcoal Carpet
Offered by Unique Car Mats

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 9 Sept. 2016
Not as robust or rigid as the toyota version but looks like it will do teh trick in terms of keeping sand dirt and dust out of the boot. HAve teh felt liner in it at the moment but not sure how long that is going to last.

Mindset - Updated Edition: Changing The Way You think To Fulfil Your Potential
Mindset - Updated Edition: Changing The Way You think To Fulfil Your Potential

5.0 out of 5 stars Really practical, 8 Jan. 2016
Full of direct actions and real life application of its principles and easy to read and absorb. I look forward to trying this advice out in my own life.

The Story Factor (2nd Revised Edition): Inspiration, Influence and Persuasion Through the Art of Storytelling
by Annette Simmons

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 28 Dec. 2013
Really helpful guide to storytelling. Practical steps and lots of real life examples told in a natural, logical and easy to read style.

Science of Serendipity 1e P
Science of Serendipity 1e P
by Kingdon

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and easy to read, 28 Dec. 2013
Nice book, doesn't pad it out with lots of nonsense. Plenty of practical examples and a nice storytelling style. Good examples of dealing with fear and change issues.

The Life And Times Of Martha Washington In The Twenty-First Century
The Life And Times Of Martha Washington In The Twenty-First Century
by Frank Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars Look at her Miller isn't she beautiful, 22 Mar. 2010
My only warning is do a little bit of weights because this collection isn't light. Comes in a lovely protective case and is already a sturdy hardcopy. The print quality is great, all the covers and some special explanations of how this amazing comic series came together.

A really special edition of my favourite graphic novel ever. with us waging war all over the world for peace the messages in this book are even more important than ever. Places like the green still exist and government is still compromised by private interests.

An essential and underrated collection.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!