Profile for Lou-Lou > Reviews

Content by Lou-Lou

Lou-Lou (Leeds, UK)

NETGEAR WG111 Wireless 54Mbps USB 2.0 Adapter
NETGEAR WG111 Wireless 54Mbps USB 2.0 Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally - something compatable with Windows Vista!, 4 Feb. 2008
O/S - Windows Vista

Works brilliantly for me. It was so easy to set up and I was on the internet within minutes. My router is about 30ft away (through two walls and down some stairs) and my signal strength is medium; as I would expect from a device this size.

I've had no problems, and am very pleased with my purchase.

Insomnia
Insomnia
by Stephen King

5.0 out of 5 stars What an imagination, 16 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Insomnia (Paperback)
If you're expecting a classic horror story, look elsewhere. It's basically about an old guy who finds himself unable to sleep, and the strange (very, very strange!) consequences of his insomnia. It requires time at the start to fully set the scene. Some say this is too long, I think it is just right.

I became totally absorbed in the book and the lives of the characters. I love the way Stephen King is so descriptive, it makes everything in the book seem so real and believeable. How does he think of these things?

Pure genius!

The Pick Of Destiny
The Pick Of Destiny

5.0 out of 5 stars It's no wonderboy, but it's pretty close!, 29 Nov. 2006
This review is from: The Pick Of Destiny (Audio CD)
If you haven't heard of Tenacious D before, buy their first album! It is pure comic genius and gives you a great insight into how the 'D' think. This album is a contrast to the first, and tells a story (like the film, strangely enough!).

I imagine this album will sound pretty confusing if you haven't seen the film. I saw it before I listened to the album, and it all makes perfect sense (well, as much sense as you can make of it considering the weirdness of JB & KG!). I know it's short, but when you've seen the film the length of the album really isn't an issue.

Love it!!

Gift: The Story of an Ordinary Woman's Extraordinary Power
Gift: The Story of an Ordinary Woman's Extraordinary Power
by Mia Dolan

5.0 out of 5 stars All is revealed.., 5 Feb. 2005
The book starts off as an autobiography. Not what I'd expected, and not what I was interested in. I wanted to jump into the psychic world feet first! But I soon came to realise Mia had to set the scene if she was to bring any depth to the book, and any understanding for it's readers.
It is a fascinating insight into the world of a psychic and her guide. Through reading this book, I feel so many questions have been answered. Mia has an excellent way of putting things into perspective, and explaining why things happen the way they do. Good and bad.
A very enlightening and informative read. 5/5!