Profile for Jaycee > Reviews

Abena Self Adhesive Disposable Adult Bib with Pocket - Pack of 100
Abena Self Adhesive Disposable Adult Bib with Pocket - Pack of 100
Offered by Care Supermarket

2.0 out of 5 stars adult bibs with pockets, 8 Oct. 2015
I guess I must have received a dud batch and my husband really dislikes them.Some-one said to be careful not to let them stick in the user's hair, so far mine have so little adhesive and the flaps are so small that we'd be lucky to get them to stick anywhere.Perhaps as we go through the pile we'll find some better ones.

Elizabeth is Missing
Elizabeth is Missing
by Emma Healey

5.0 out of 5 stars Elizabeth is Missing, 30 April 2015
This review is from: Elizabeth is Missing (Paperback)
This book is entirely different from anything I have ever read before and I thoroughly enjoyed it.It's thought provoking from the word go.I felt kinship with Maud; but there again I'm old and I do tend to forget things. I felt sorry for her kind but frustrated daughter who was certainly doing her best as Maud's dementia went from bad to worse throughout the book. I've had people with dementia in my own family; one who like Maud left notes for herself then didn't know what they were for, also a relative who would ask you to visit then would hide when you turned up.
At every stage of this book I felt involved with the characters and times and places. I could imagine Sukey sewing and Douglas playing his records and Maud's mother in the kitchen trying to make ends meet with a little help from Frank. I felt in the room when the old Maud went berserk and trashed it.
I liked the way two stories were running at once and how they concluded together.
An inevitable ending I suppose but for me brilliantly done.

Avro Lancaster 'G' for George - Airfix Box Lid Design - Large Metal Sign
Avro Lancaster 'G' for George - Airfix Box Lid Design - Large Metal Sign
Offered by Fruit Salad Retro

5.0 out of 5 stars Avro Lancaster metal sign, 29 Mar. 2013
Bought this as a present for an old friend (old in this case is the operative word for both of us). He loves old planes and was so pleased to receive this.It reminds us of the days when aeroplanes had propellers and looked exciting. It's a not too heavy but good, solid metal sign and the colour is brilliant. It's not over-large and will look good on a kitchen wall as a change from flower and cup-cake pictures.
Whilst it was bought for an old guy all the younger ones liked it too. I suppose it has universal appeal. So long as you have a bit of spare wall to display it's worth finding a home for.

Art Deco Bronze Sculpture 1920's Dancing Lady With Scarf in Both Hands - A Fabulous Birthday Or Anniversary Gift Idea

5.0 out of 5 stars Dancing lady. Art Deco Bronze., 29 Mar. 2013
Dancing lady with scarf.Art Deco Bronze.

Lovely bronze lady. Beautifully detailed. Every bit as nice as the picture. A real nostalgic piece of sculpture My recipient was thrilled with this gift.
The bronze was packed in a strong box with special polystyrene inner frame and so much bubble-wrap it was unbelievable.Altogether fantastic.
I'd really recommend this firm

Wicklein Musical Tin of Iced and Chocolate Covered Lebkuchen 250 g
Wicklein Musical Tin of Iced and Chocolate Covered Lebkuchen 250 g

5.0 out of 5 stars musical tin of biscuits, 19 Dec. 2011
I found this MUSICAL BISCUIT TIN in the grocery section which I come on unexpectedly.

This is a REALLY LOVELY TIN WITH A GREAT MUSIC BOX SOUND
.It is very touch sensitive and starts off at the drop of a hat. It will be brilliant over Christmas and will probably be driving the recipient daft by New Year.Just the sort of thing our family enjoys at this time of year. I imagine it will get put away with the carol- singing santa and be brought out again next year with sweets in. The biscuits look very Christmassy too. Can't say if they'll be yummy but they look very nice.