Profile for Angela Hort > Reviews

Angela Hort

Come Darkness, Come Light: Twelve Songs of Christmas
Come Darkness, Come Light: Twelve Songs of Christmas

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Nov. 2016
A superb Christmss CD. I have listened to it constantly. Mary c. Carpenter never disappoints

The Patchwork Cat (Red Fox Picture Books)
The Patchwork Cat (Red Fox Picture Books)
by Nicola Bayley

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a beautifully illustrated book that was part of my children's childhood, 18 July 2015
This is a beautifully illustrated book that was part of my children's childhood. When my 34 year old son saw it here a smile lit up his face and he said "I remember every one of these pictures". I had made a quilt for a small girl and wanted the book to be part of the gift. It fulfilled my expectations perfectly,it was a memory that didn't let me down, it was as good as I remembered. The condition of the book was very good, it came from a primary school library, and I couldn't believe that it had not been used much. Ticked all the boxes for me

The Last Witness: A DCI Daley Thriller
The Last Witness: A DCI Daley Thriller

3.0 out of 5 stars hopeless superior officer feisty sidekick and all, 5 Aug. 2014
bit stereotypical, hopeless superior officer feisty sidekick and all, but enjoyed it nonetheless.

An Officer and a Spy
An Officer and a Spy

5.0 out of 5 stars ... Affair" and thought reading this book would be a good way to find out more, 5 Aug. 2014
Had previously been aware of the "Dreyfus Affair" and thought reading this book would be a good way to find out more. thoroughly enjoyed it, even written in first person as this rendered the account less dry. Would recommend it.

Bite: The most gripping thriller you will ever read
Bite: The most gripping thriller you will ever read

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 21 July 2014
Slightly iffy science but engrossing.

Cut Short (A DI Geraldine Steel Thriller Book 1)
Cut Short (A DI Geraldine Steel Thriller Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars but will we ever see a happy cop?, 21 July 2014
gripping, but will we ever see a happy cop?

Nike Women's Dri-Fit Victory Sleeveless Polo Shirt, white - white, XL
Nike Women's Dri-Fit Victory Sleeveless Polo Shirt, white - white, XL

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 July 2014
Perfect for my requirements (lawn bowls) comfortable and well fitting, easy care can't find a negative.

Tilda's Fairy Tale Wonderland: Over 25 beautiful sewing and papercraft projects
Tilda's Fairy Tale Wonderland: Over 25 beautiful sewing and papercraft projects
by Tone Finnanger

4.0 out of 5 stars Fairies, 22 May 2013
Very pretty projects, for all ages and whimsical. Only drawback? will I actually make any of the projects? I hope so but might need a granddaughter first! Still, a book I will pick up and peruse often.

The Messiah Conspiracy - The Race To Clone Jesus Christ :  (BOOK TWO): Previously called "Crown of Thorns"
The Messiah Conspiracy - The Race To Clone Jesus Christ : (BOOK TWO): Previously called "Crown of Thorns"

1.0 out of 5 stars Genetic tosh, 22 May 2013
So many scientific holes in this book it's barely there. Stereotypical characters, unbelievable situations and completely unsurprising ending that no doubt leaves us with the possibility of a sequel. Not for me.

Keepsake Baby Quilts from Scraps
Keepsake Baby Quilts from Scraps
by Julie Higgins

3.0 out of 5 stars Quilts for babies., 22 May 2013
Looking for quilts to suit new babies, this didn't quite have what I wanted. Apart from that, the quilts are really pretty for babies, cover all skill levels and a very nice book.