Profile for Sandford > Reviews

Content by Sandford
Helpful Votes: 2017

Sandford "Sandy" (Kent, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
i-stay 13.3 inch Tablet/Netbook/Ultrabook Bag with Non-slip Shoulder strap - Purple
Offered by Adventure Avenue

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and capacious., 29 July 2016
A stylish surprisingly capacious and adaptable travel bag - and the non-slip shoulder strap really works.

USB Charger Plug Syncwire 4-Port Wall Charger with UK EU US International Travel Adaptor (Interchangeable) -Lifetime Warranty Series- 6.8A/34W for Apple iPhone iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Smartphone, Tablet, Power Bank - White [UL Certification]
Offered by Syncwire

Culinare MagiCan Can Opener - White
Culinare MagiCan Can Opener - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect to Use, 27 July 2016
My previous Culinary MagiCan Can Opener just basically wore out, so as it has always been so dependable I decided to stick to the same. I bought a smart looking one from Aldi, cheap but it proved useless, so I suggest just stick with what you know. I recommend wholeheartedly both for functionality and for price

Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course Christmas Hits, Bk 1
Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course Christmas Hits, Bk 1
by Alfred Publishing Staff

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inexpensive Joy, 27 July 2016
I have nothing but praise for the Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course that this compilation of music is based on, and I have bought all 3 levels. Even with a minimum of proper lessons from a piano teacher the whole course is easy to follow, and for me they have been quite faultless for someone like me just picking up again without any professional guidance, just now being self-taught. This collection of Christmas Hits for me is just great. The transpositions for Level 1 is quite admirable, and I anticipate buying the Level 2 version.

Sevenhills Wholefoods 500 g Organic Raw White Chia Seeds
Sevenhills Wholefoods 500 g Organic Raw White Chia Seeds
Offered by Sevenhills Wholefoods

4.0 out of 5 stars Purchase With Confidence, 27 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I recently discovered that my cholesterol levels have slightly increased, so I keen on any product that will help maintain this level, or hopefully reduce it. This product obviously fits the bill, and I use them in conjunction to crushed and soaked linseed to hopefully increase the health benefits. My tendency is to sprinkle them on porridge, add to my home-made granola or yogurt and also sprinkle on salads. The slight crunch to the seeds is appealing when mixed with other softer food textures.

The price of these seeds are competitive and I have no negative comments to make on this particular product so from my experience, so I can recommend them

Trump on Trump
Trump on Trump
by George Beahm

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth Dipping Into, 27 July 2016
This review is from: Trump on Trump (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book on Donald Trump is interesting in the sense that it will serve to reinforce any held view by the reader on his personality, his views on life, politics and society. Like Marmite, you either love or hate him and this book of his rather boring repetitive rhetoric provides little to change minds either way, aside from revealing the constancy of his wish to pursue isolationist policies for the USA should he become President.

A book full of Trump’s soundbites that is quick to read and revealing in its own way, particularly when backed up by the interesting contextual source of his comments provided by the author.

Salter 517 SSCR Stainless Steel Fridge and Freezer Thermometer, Silver
Salter 517 SSCR Stainless Steel Fridge and Freezer Thermometer, Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Straightforward, 18 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having the need to replace my refrigerator this week I realised that the fridge thermometer that I have been using, ( the more expensive Heston Blumenthal precision - also manufactured by Salter) is for whatever reason now wildly inaccurate compared with this one.

This thermometer seems to be accurate, (although I have no way of testing this aside from comparing with another one). It has a very clear readout and is quickly responsive to any alteration to the fridge thermostat. It is of quite a natty simple design to either hang on or stand on the shelf, and is light yet sturdy. I haven’t used a thermometer up to now for the freezer, but I think I need to buy another one just for this purpose.

I would always recommend the use of a thermometer, and I do daily checks now to ensure the fridge is maintained at the optimum temperature. This is a reasonably priced item, so I would recommend this for purchase.

No Man's Land
No Man's Land
by Simon Tolkien

2.0 out of 5 stars Stilted and Predictable, 17 July 2016
This review is from: No Man's Land (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are moments when Simon Tolkien can be quite incisive with his writing in this novel, but I am afraid I left it midway at Chapter 15. I became increasingly less enthused about it, losing my attention quite markedly as the tale progressed.

I felt this was a promising novel that stirred my imagination to start with some vivid imagery. It felt initially easy to read and swift to settle into, but it did not live up to my expectations.

This novel could be far shorter. The text is quite verbose and doesn’t light any fires for me I am afraid. To write more succinctly and to the point would have produced a better novel. Often superficial, it relies on being over-sentimental, melodramatic and sometimes histrionic to drive the narrative with its various strands of direction. There are few subtleties in describing personalities; no grey areas to make it credible which makes most people either a “goodie” or “baddie”. Rigid emotional responses often based on stereotypes, it is not nuanced at all. Quite formulaic in many respects for a saga, it is a shame it gets over-romanticised and predictable in content.

I struggled reading over many days to get a third of the way, so my review is based on this section only. Perhaps it picks up markedly, but I couldn’t push myself to read any more so had to jettison it.

Many readers will obviously enjoy the melodramatic content, so no doubt I will be lambasted for this view, but I have to be honest with my reading experience. Yes, it can be lively and animated and perversely comic at times but not a novel that I could recommend.

Salter Academy Professional Mechanical Scale
Salter Academy Professional Mechanical Scale

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot On And Accurate, 14 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have no negative comments towards these scales at all. Everything “retro” seems to be so appealing these days, and this product certainly fits the bill for me.

The most important quality for these scales is of course accuracy in weight measurement, and comparing these with my current digital scales this product is spot on. An important feature for me with failing eyesight is that it is far easier to see how much I weigh with the large and bold figures without having to bend over to try and read a digital result.

Well done Salter for sticking to well and tried products as well as digital innovation. Sturdy, reliable and ironically so stylish in its simplicity, this has to be a winner compared to similar products.

The European Union: A Citizen's Guide
The European Union: A Citizen's Guide
by Chris Bickerton

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Introduction, 11 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Chris Bickerton has provided an excellent overview of the structure and function of the EU, both from its genesis to the growing unease of its current status, and perhaps more importantly how this contentiously monolithic structure may function and develop in the future. Reading this book in the context of the population of Great Britain’s decision to leave the EU, and the implications of invoking Article 50 within the next months, the increased knowledge that this book presents is invaluable.

This short introduction is by no means “short” in content, and has given me so much in my own search for understanding. A complex structure that is the EU, being dissected in such an admirable and understanding way by Chris Bickerton can only be very positively recommended. I have no negative comments to make.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20