Profile for ChrisJL > Reviews

Content by ChrisJL

ChrisJL "chrisjland" (Harpenden, Herts UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Nikon EN-EL14a Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery for Camera
Nikon EN-EL14a Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery for Camera
Offered by HD Sales Inc

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems okay..., 24 May 2015
It arrived part charged so as per instructions fully charged it. Used it first time yesterday and it ran down to a quarter and turned off camera after about 150 shots and a 2 minute video clip. Was a bit surprised but suspect it is because it needs running down and recharging a few times before it is fully conditioned.

Anker 3.5 inch Front Panel USB Hub with 2 USB 3.0 Ports [20 Pin Connector & 2ft Adapter Cable]

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made and works fine, 4 May 2015
Mounted into an Aerocool DS (cube) case. Fitted fine but the cable was not really long enough to go the Inateck PCI-E to USB 3.0 PCI-e card without a very tight stretch across the inside of the case and across the motherboard, so this panel is directly attached to the 20 pin usb3 header on my Gigabyte motherboard. And the case usb3 are now attached to PCI-E to USB 3.0 PCI-e card - not exactly as I had intended.
(N.B. I chose not to use an Anker Uspeed PCI-E to USB 3.0 card because of the VIA chipset and the potential of a conflict with my nVidea graphics card. There are a number of comments about that issue.)

Better Than Home [VINYL]
Better Than Home [VINYL]

4.0 out of 5 stars A different style, 4 May 2015
This review is from: Better Than Home [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Different from some of her earlier stuff. She does not 'belt it out' on this album as she has with some earlier stuff. Much more controlled vocals.
The other thing to add is the pressing of the vinyl is very, very good. Enjoyed the sound.

Inateck PCI-E to USB 3.0 2-Port PCI Express Card and 15-Pin Power Connector, Mini PCI-E USB 3.0 Hub Controller Adapter, with Internal USB 3.0 20-PIN Connector - Expand Another Two USB 3.0 Ports - [ Include with A 4pin to 2x15pin Cable + A 15pin to 2x 15pin SATA Y-Cable ]
Offered by Inateck

4.0 out of 5 stars Working well so far., 4 May 2015
Installed the card okay with relevant updated drivers.
This now means I now have 2 x 20 pin usb 3 headers within my PC. So I can now supply a front panel with 2 x usb 3 on my Aerocool case via an Anker 2 x usb 3 3.5" front plate, plus the two usb 3 on the top of the case - which are not convenient placed for where I locate my case.
Only thing to say is that my iPad and my iPhone are a bit picky about the usb 3 ports that are attached to the PCI-e card. iTunes tells me that the backup has failed (when it hasn't) and the syncing has not completed - when it has. A minor inconvenience. Most likely the Apple products not liking anything but a direct connection to the motherboard where usb 3 is concerned. Will keep my eye on the isssue.
Overall pretty happy with the extra connectivity the card has provided me with.

This Means War
This Means War
Dvd

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 9 Feb. 2015
This review is from: This Means War (Amazon Video)
Light and frothy comedy drama. Not to grown up and not any real gratious violence.

Stone Cold Soapstone Ice Cubes
Stone Cold Soapstone Ice Cubes
Offered by Accessory-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems, 21 Dec. 2014
Delievered on time and exactly as described.

Amazon Fire TV Remote App
Amazon Fire TV Remote App

3.0 out of 5 stars Works ok, 6 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV Remote App (App)
Put onto my Kindle Fire HDX. Carries out the functions on the kindle in much the same way as the actual Fire TV remote. Even the voice activation works. But can not seem to get the virtual keyboard to do anything.

Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV

4.0 out of 5 stars Very, very promising start., 6 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
Only just set it up this afternoon. What a tiny box and neat remote!

Plugged it in, switched it on. The Fire TV checked for a wi-fi network (found my 5GHz SSID) straightaway, then once connected proceeded to update itself. It already knew it was my Prime account. It went to the home page. I then picked up the remote and pressed the microphone button, said 'vikings' and it found the Amazon series Viking straightaway. Brillant!

The other point to make is that it works perfectly through my Yamaha A/V receiver and output a Dolby Digital signal with no problems at all. I've even been able to programme my Harmony 650 remote to switch to the relevant HDMI output that the Fire TV is attached to - but of course the Harmony is IR and the Fire TV is bluetooth, so the Harmony cannot control the Fire TV beyond getting me to it seemlessly. I've even got my Kindle Fire HDX tablet to partially control it with the relevant app - cannot get the virtual keyboard in the app to do anything (more research clearly required.)

Still to give it a full run so only 4 starts until I'm convinced that it is brillant as it appears at first go.

Transcend 32GB Premium SDHC Class 10 UHS-I 400x Memory Card
Transcend 32GB Premium SDHC Class 10 UHS-I 400x Memory Card

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite happy with this, 4 Dec. 2014
Quite happy with this. Works a treat in my new Nikon D5300. Good value with a fast write when saving multiple RAW and fine JPEG files.

Downton Abbey - Series 4 [DVD] [2013]
Downton Abbey - Series 4 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Maggie Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value catch-up, 11 Oct. 2014
Purchased for my wife as a late-comer to the delights of Downton. She loves it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4