Profile for Silverfrog > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 615

Silverfrog (Leeds UK)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Lohas 1 Pack GU10 6W LED Beautiful Cool White Colour 50w Replacement for Halogen bulb with New Chip Technology with 2 Year Warranty [Energy Class A+]
Offered by LED-365BUY

5.0 out of 5 stars Great LED energy efficient light, 15 May 2015
I recently installed a 3 directional light just by our fridge and this light works well. It fits the light easily and attaches in a similar way to a bayonett bulb. It fits perfectly and gives a good amount of light for a 6watt LED bulb (which is equivalent to 50W bulb). There isn't much else to say except that the light doesn't get hot like normal bulbs so changing them straight away when one blows wont burn you.

eSynic® KB052 Foldable Bluetooth 3.0 Wireless Keyboard Ultra-Slim Full-Size Portable Aluminium Alloy Body with Case Cover - Bi-fold Pocket Size - Support for iOS & Windows & Android 3.0 and above OS
Offered by EsynicDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbly presented and very functional case., 11 May 2015
This bluetooth foldable keyboard was provided to me by the manufacturer in exchange for a fair and honest review.

This keyboard comes plainly packaged in a box together with basic instructions as well as Micro-USB to USB charging cable and you can find the case in a very nice multifunctional faux-leather case.

The case is completely removable and has a magnetic clasp to hold it shut when the keyboard is stowed away. The case is cleverly designed however to also fold to act as a stand whether for a mobile phone or an Ipad mini/ipad air as shown in the photos. you can extend a plastic part on the case which has rubber pads and ledges to stop anything resting on it from slipping around.

The keyboard itself folds in 3 parts as the edges close in on itself and automatically switches on when opened. Pairing with my Iphone 6 plus was very easy (just press and hold the function and C key to begin pairing). I'm writing this review on the keyboard and would say that the only negative comment is that pressing hard on keys situation on the very edge cause the keyboard to raise. There are rubber pads on the base of the keyboard however the keyboard is actually raised a few millimetres from the table by these pads which are situation a quarter of the way in from each side (on the hinges of the folds. Other than that I've had very little issues typing with the keyboard which is very comfortable for touch-typing. As the keyboard is designed for Apple products as well as android and windows, there are function keys that you can use by holding the Fn (function) key for example Search, Copy, Paste, media functions and volume control which are very useful.

All in all the keyboard is very well designed although I was surprised at it being heavier than I expected. Don't get me wrong it's still light but not as light as I expected. It's perfect for use when travelling and very well presented. At just over twenty pounds it is very highly recommended.

Mudder® 2200mAh Vlife V3 Twist Variable Voltage Electronic Cigarette Battery - Black (Nicotine Free)

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than standard batteries and good value - the marker showing which voltage is selected could be more professional, 8 May 2015
I have a number of variable voltage e-cigarette batteries of which my favourite is my MVP Itaste which is superb although 3 times more expensive.
I would disagree with some reviewers in that on the whole the battery looks quite smart however I would agree that the red mark on the base of the battery (where you turn to change the voltage) is a little sloppy and does look like someone has just blobbed a bit of paint on. Mudder would be better off making an indentation mark to show which voltage is selected. There are 4 preset voltage settings and as mentioned, you just turn the base of the battery to change to the voltage (3.3V, 3.8V, 4.3V and 4.8V). Vaping with my Kanger pro tank worked well and increasing the voltage results in an increase in vapour produced and gives a good throat hit. However I did need to use the vanity at the base. Although there is no charger supplied with this battery it has a standard screw head so you can use any Eco or similar USB charger. It also means that most clearomisers should also fit.

FRiEQ Lightweight & Durable Dry Bag Backpack for Outdoor Activities - Waterproof Bag Guaranteed - Perfect for Boating / Kayaking / Fishing / Rafting / Swimming / Floating / Camping - Protects Phones / Camera / Clothes / Documents from Water, Sand, Dust and Dirt - 10L (Yellow)

5.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable price and works very well, 8 May 2015
I have 2 other dry bags which a similarly designed and this one works well. The bag came compactly in a clear plastic pouch together with a strap which fit on the bottom and top end of the bag. I was surprised to see how long and narrow it was but that's a good thing as it fits well on my back. The top opening has 2 stiff bars that you fold over each other to close and seal it after which you use the clips on each end of these bars to clip together. It is simple and actually works really well and works in a similar way to my other bags.

This bag has well stitched seams which are on a par with more expensive versions of this product, the snap locks and fixings are well made and although I have not had this bag for long the clips feel robust and the plastic is of higher quality than other products I have tried. The 10L design is large enough for a sleeping bag or your day clothes etc and not too bulky that it would be an obstruction, it would easily fit in a small backpack if you needed some extra waterproofing for a day's hiking for example. I tried submersing the bag in water and the contents remained dry and the bag returned back to the surface as it should. In the brighter yellow colour this bag is also very visible making it perfect for cycling (added visibility on the roads when attached to the top of my pannier) or for use on a boat etc as should the bag fall in it will be far more visible than the other available colours. All in all a great product at a great price, which won't break your wallet but will take care of your precious items in all conditions.

Selfie Stick, FRiEQ Pro 3-In-1 Self-portrait Monopod Extendable Wireless Bluetooth Selfie Stick with built-in Bluetooth Remote Shutter and Adjustable Holder for Apple iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5/5s/5c, Android Phones and Cameras
Offered by T.M. Enterprise

3.0 out of 5 stars Phone mount not suitable for Iphone 6 plus users with a case attached but works OK otherwise, 8 May 2015
This selfie stick was provided to me by the manufacturer in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I have a number of selfie sticks and my opinion of this one is a little mixed. I tend to prefer ones that the 'picture capture' button is incorporated into the stick entirely as this makes it less likely to lose. This selfie stick actually has a separate button which is provided with a wrist strap and also a clip mount to clip it onto the stick itself - you could potentially consider it best of both worlds however my personal opinion is that it would be better incorporated into the stick itself.
You need to attach the phone holder mount and a 'Go Pro' mount is also provided which screws onto the end of the stick. As the 'Go Pro' mount is a generic mount you can also mount other sports camera/camcorders as long as it has a mount of it's own with a join attachment. The phone mount expands in both height and width directions and are spring loaded to ensure your phone is attached securely. Although the product is advertised as compatible with an Iphone 6 plus I did not feel that the mount would hold mine securely - in fact I thought that it would break when I expanded both spring loaded clips as they were stretched to their maximum (even then it did not look like my Iphone 6 plus would fit). Admittedly I do have my Iphone 6 plus in a charger case so this may be the issue however I would not want to take it in/out of the case just for selfies. Mudder may wish to reconsider the maximum width/height of this to accomodate cases as well in the future however as it stands I would not recommend it to anyone with a case attached to their Iphone 6 plus.

My grumbles aside, the capture function worked just fine. Frieq supply a battery which was easy to install into the button and I fitted this directly to the stick with the supplied mount. Pairing went OK by just pressing and holding the 'capture button' and my Iphone 6 plus found it just fine.

The stick is a fraction more weighty than my other ones but I actually like this as it really feels solid and does not feel like it would break (other than the phone mount for a large phone). If you have a 'normal' sized phone however this selfie stick would work OK. The mount has curved clasps that also have a foamy/slightly rubber material to help keep your phone from moving around which is also useful. Frieq also supply a nice pouch to keep all the bits in safely when on the move which is nice.

All in all it takes pictures just fine and the main telescopic stick is well made. However the mount needs to be re-thought if Frieq are going to advertise it to Iphone 6 plus users or for those with larger than average phones. At just under twenty pounds it's a little on the dear side and there are cheaper ones out there. Consider this if you have a 'normal' sized phone though.

[Apple MFi Certified] FRiEQ® Apple Lightning to USB Cable - 3.3 Feet / 1m - 8 Pin Lightning Cable for iPhone 6, 6+, 5, 5s, 5c, iPad 4th gen, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod nano 7th, iPod 5G (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very handy cable to have, 7 May 2015
As the owner of an Iphone 6 plus and an Ipad Mini I find that I always need a charger handy and this fits the bill. And at 3.3feet in length, it's comparable to Apple's own lightning cable sync/charger. It gives similar charge times to my official Apple cable and can sync as well. If you consider the Recommended Retail Price though it's more expensive than the official Apple cable price however is at a slightly expensive price on Amazon compared to the competition. 1ByOne [Apple MFI Certified] 1byone® Lightning to USB Cable 3.28ft (1M) for iPhone 6 6 Plus, iPhone 5/5s/5c, iPad with Retina display, iPad mini, iPad Air, iPod nano 7th Gen and iPod touch 5th Generation-1-Year Limited Warranty sell theirs for a pound cheaper though.

FRiEQ Floating Waterproof Cell Phone Carrying Cases for Apple iPhone 6, 5s, 5, Galaxy S5, S4 S3, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, MP3 Player - IPX8 Certified to 100 Feet (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep your phone bone dry!, 7 May 2015
I've always found it a little boring having a bath however now I can have fun surfing the net, watch Youtube etc with this. The pouch comes with a strap to fit around your head and is handy if you go to the seaside but want to keep your valuable phone with you. I was surprised to find that the clear parts of the pouch are very clear indeed and allowed me to use the touchscreen without any issues - being reasonably sensitive and responded well to finger touches. The pouch has a button down flap and a very sturdy clasp that ensures that even if you dropped it in water, your phone is safe. I did test this initially with a small weight and paper towel to see what would happen and dropped it in the bath tub and sure enough the contents were bone dry. Fabulous!

AVANTEK 31W/6.2A 4-Port Desktop USB Charger Travel Power Adapter for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air mini, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 Note 4 3 2 Tab 4 3 2 Pro, HTC One, Google Nexus, Nokia Lumia and Other Cell Phones, Android Smartphones & Tablets

4.0 out of 5 stars Great desktop addition to charge all of your devices, 7 May 2015
As almost all gadgets now have a USB charging cable, there is a growing need to charge multiple devices from one 3 pin UK plug. This one fits the bill nicely. It comes packaged together with a simple 3 pin plug and cable that fits directly into the USB charging hub unlike it's 5 port brother which requires a heavy power adaptor. There is a simple on/off switch at the rear of the device and a single blue LED lights up at the front to indicate power. Although it is reasonably small, there are more compact 3 pin chargers that don't have cables however this one is designed to allow you sit the hub on your desk and charge your devices without having to go directly to the socket. This in mind, it would have been nice if the hub had rubber feet to stop it sliding around on the desk or even worse, fall behind the desk where it is hard to retrieve which happened to me. However you can of course either blue-tack it or buy rubber feet that you can stick on (i did the latter). The charger happily charged my Ipad retina, Ipad mini and my iphone 5 and bluetooth speaker reasonably happily.

Bluefinger Adjustable Handheld Wireless Bluetooth Mobile Phone & Camera Selfie stick Monopod Built-in Remote Shutter Button 235mm-1005mm, for Android and Iphone Orange.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice selfie, 7 May 2015
This bluetooth smart selfie extension arm was provided to me by the manufacturer directly in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I've never actually used one of these before and have always wondered whether it was worth purchasing as well as how they worked. Having done a basic search on Amazon for selfie extension arms I found that most of these have a separate bluetooth fob in addition to the telescopic phone mount, which has buttons that sync with your phone and you take a photo by pressing a button on this fob. You are essentially holding a separate remote control which has a shutter button for your phone camera.

This bluetooth selfie extension arms is different in that there are no other separate fobs to carry around (or lose if you are anything like me) as the controls are on the handle itself. This is a great way of ensuring that you don't loose parts of the unit. I have an Iphone 5 with an external battery case attached to it so that I have back up battery power if I need it but makes my phone chunkier than normal. I had no issues in putting my phone on the extension arm. You do need to attach the bright orange rubber part to the top clamp otherwise your phone won't fit properly but why Bluefinger decided not to directly attach this I don't know. You simply prise the 2 clamps apart and they automatically spring back to keep the phone in place. The springs are very firm and it does not feel like my phone would slip at all which is something I might be worried about - especially I am taking a photo and extending the camera over water. The hand is a comfortable rubber handle to help maintain a grip and there is an open port at the bottom to charge the unit (which is a standard Micro-USB port). Unfortunately there is no cover for this so I could see it getting damage in rain etc.

There is just one 'shutter' button on the handle itself to actually take a photo.

I had no issues connecting to my Iphone 5 after switching it on and pressing the bluetooth button and did not need to change anything else for it to work. As soon as I put my Iphone in camera mode, switched around the live camera to the front facing camera, and mounted the phone on the arm, pressing the 'shutter' button took a photo.The arm can extend to about 3 feet away which should be enough for most shots that you might want.
All in all a great piece of kit although it's a bit difficult to say whether it's worth the price as it's not currently listed. You can get other selfie extension arms for between £5-14 at the moment on Amazon so as long as it's roughly around this price I think that should be about right. I really like the fact that you don't have to carry around a separate Shutter button that might get lost.

Dazzne P2 1080P HD Sports Action Camera DV Helmet Camcorder + 18 in 1 Mouting Accessories Kit + 32G SD Card
Offered by Bravo Tech

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and tons of extras, 7 May 2015
I have a number of action camcorders of which one is my Drift HD which I fit to my motorcycle helmet. I've noticed that drivers seem better behaved when they know that their actions are recorded!!

This camcorder/camera set is super. In the box you get a 32Gb Micro SD card, 2 batteries and charger (which you can charge either on a standard 3 pin USB charger or a spare USB port on your computer), several types of mounts on which to attach the camera including head and chest straps and a handlebar mount. These are but the few additional extras you get as Dazze provide anumber of other mounts (for a car window for example) and attachments so that you can angle the camera just how you want it. It's not only amazing that you get these extras but the camera already comes in a waterproof clear case to keep it safe in dusty/rainy weather.

There are 3 buttons on the camera itself and it took a little getting used to; 2 buttons on the top (on/off/menu & picture shutter/start video recording) and one on the front. These buttons although functional aren't set out to be intuitive. When in the main menu, the front button acts as a 'move right' button, the top left button acts as a 'move left button, and the top right button acts as a 'select' button. It took me a while to get used to this but once I did, I could navigate around just fine. The main menu options are; select to record video; select to take photo; timer function; playback pictures or video footage taken; and settings. Within settings, you can select the video and picture parameters like resolution, continuous/timer for photos, width of vision, contrast and set the date/time.

Compared to my Drift HD, it's pretty good with the tendency towards a 'record what I see' footage (rather than my Drift which has a 'fish-eye' wide angle lens). This is actually nice and allows you to potentially do more with your footage.

The one thing apart from the menu navigation that I didn't like was the cover to the charging port/micro SD card slot as it comes off completely and there is a possibility of it going missing. Considering the low value, I can live with this.

This kit is amazing for the price compared to a Go Pro and has stacks of extras to get you going straight away.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20