Profile for Andrew Marriott > Reviews

Content by Andrew Marriott

Andrew Marriott "Andy" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sephia SP1050 Noise Isolating in-ear Earphones Headphones, HEAVY DEEP BASS for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung Galaxy, MP3 Players, Nokia, HTC, Nexus, BlackBerry
Offered by Sephia

5.0 out of 5 stars these are so cool and so reasonably priced, 30 May 2017
these are so cool and so reasonably priced. I needed a new set of in ear heahphones and was prepared to pay a fair bit. After reading the reviews of these I decided to give them a go and am really pleased I did. they are excellent and come well packaged with a lot of accessories

Shadowmagic (Shadowmagic, Book 1)
Shadowmagic (Shadowmagic, Book 1)
by John Lenahan

1.0 out of 5 stars Vaguely interesting until I started to read it..., 10 April 2017
Reading the top reviews for this book was all it took for me to purchase. Looking for something as I was to fill the void left by other fantasy series' read and re-read over and again over the years. Something new, I thought, something fresh, something that has the words Lord of the Rings on the cover. Well that was about as close as this got.
Very disappointing is the best that I can give. The characters are there just to push the plot forward, the main protagonist a middle aged man's view of a teenager, along with the twee throwaway lines that supposedly pass for the comedic element. The plot is thin at best and contains no heroic narrative or real quest elements and the premise of utilising the potentially rich source of Irish traditional folk stories was used in the most unsubtle way. If you want comedic fantasy then Pratchett has to be your man. This on the other hand will go in the pile of also rans.

DC Comics Women's Wonder Woman Logo T-Shirt XX-Large Burgundy
DC Comics Women's Wonder Woman Logo T-Shirt XX-Large Burgundy
Offered by Absolute Cult

5.0 out of 5 stars It fits great and looks excellent, 31 Mar. 2017
My daughter loves her Wonder Woman t shirt. It fits great and looks excellent! Would recommend to any WW fans.

An Almond for a Parrot
An Almond for a Parrot
by Wray Delaney

4.0 out of 5 stars Great period magical fantasy s*x romp!, 15 Dec. 2016
This review is from: An Almond for a Parrot (Hardcover)
I came across this book reading various reviews of other similar magic/fantasy genre novels and was generally pleased that I did. I read it pretty much in one sitting so it definitely captured the imagination. What I liked most was the scene setting of the period, without the author having to go into mass detail about the landscape and environment. London in the 1700's was captured extremely well in her turn of phrase and the descriptions that we did get. Tully was a well formed and excellent host for the story throughout and I really wanted to find out how things turned out for her. Despite her profession, I think the book wouldn't have been the worse for a little toning down on the erotica side to be honest, and I'm not a prude by any means. It just felt at times like certain situations had been added in, in more graphic detail after the story had been fleshed out (pardon the pun), just to add the 'adult factor'. It certainly didn't spoil the book by any means, but I wouldn't have missed it had it not been there in so much detail. The magic and fantasy elements were introduced in a really clever way; the characters almost accepted their gifts without question and used them to great advantage which made for a satisfying conclusion. I would recommend this book to anyone with an interest in magic/fantasy period pieces with a fair amount of detailed naughtiness thrown in.

Harry Potter and The Cursed Child - Parts One and Two: The Official Script Book of the Original West End Production (Special Rehearsal Edition)
by J.K. Rowling

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a sript for a West End play, people, 18 Nov. 2016
I wonder how many people who are reviewing this script have actually seen the production itself? I would imagine that since the play is sold out solid for every performance until Christmas and with more tickets being released next week, more than likely through to next summer once again, that not everyone in the world who is able to buy the script has actually been to see the play.

I think to understand the story better, you have to remember the medium and the circumstance through which it is being told. As a piece of popular stage craft, much like Wicked or any of the other 'must see' options in London at the moment, Cursed Child had to fit in with that style of production. Much of the content of the most popular and long running shows around the world is not new or ground-breaking material. A re-telling of the Wizard of Oz story, or Charlie Bucket's rise to success etc etc is what people want to see. Something not too challenging and thoroughly entertaining throughout, which is what and why they are paying their money for.

Cursed Child does not push the boundaries of the HP canon for sure. It doesn't introduce too many new characters for us to fall in love with or be scared of, or hate. It is, however, thoroughly entertaining and extremely enjoyable in a way that many of the latter HP movies and indeed the books were not always capable of showing; rooted in telling the tale of the impending Battle of Hogwarts and for the wizarding world as they did.

Cursed Child is a West End play, about characters from the HP universe in a stand alone story that is exciting, funny and well worth the aggravation in getting hold of the tickets and the two days' of journeying to the theatre to watch. This book is simply the script for that show. Buy it if you want a memento of having seen the play, but don't criticise it as a piece of literary work as anything but what it is - a script for a play that most of you haven't even seen yet.

Alias Investigation NY Black T Shirt Large
Alias Investigation NY Black T Shirt Large
Offered by TeamZad

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Feb. 2016
Very cool!

Knee Support Brace With Lateral Stabilisers Anti-Slip Design - Enhanced Comfort Helps With Patella Issues LCL/MCL Ligament Problems
Offered by EXOUS

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the packaging!, 12 Oct. 2015
this product supports my knee perfectly. Not too tight or too loose it manages to give me that added amount of support needed for me to be mobile enough in between trying to rest my knee problem. Being an Under 16 football coach I do need to be mobile during training and matches and I put this support to the test fully over the last weekend! I would recommend this product for people with knee ligament problems.

Joyoldelf Silicone Ice Tray Ice Cubes Molds for Star Wars Theme Style Lovers
Joyoldelf Silicone Ice Tray Ice Cubes Molds for Star Wars Theme Style Lovers

3.0 out of 5 stars Han Solo not appearing..., 7 Aug. 2015
The shaped ice cubes are great. You can clearly see what they are meant to be. As for Han Solo, prepare to be disappointed. The ice comes out in nice neat oblong shapes with no discernible character showing on them whatsoever. the only way I can see that you can get an idea of what it is would be to use coloured liquid in the tray. Other than that they are quite cool

Kitchen Craft Enamelled Cast Iron 23 cm Square Grill Pan
Kitchen Craft Enamelled Cast Iron 23 cm Square Grill Pan

1.0 out of 5 stars Why didnt i read the reviews and the instructions????, 7 Aug. 2015
I wanted a pan to cook meat that didn't need oil. I wanted a pan that was non stick and cleaned easily. I wish now that I had read the instructions and reviews on this before buying because it does neither. First of all you are supposed to sear the pan in oil all over in a hot oven, leaving, I would imagine, a coating of oil burned onto it. Of course I didn't do that. My food stuck. I washed the pan in water, without scrubbing, and found it rusty the next morning. After only one use. I read the instructions at that point and realised what I hadn't done and why this wasn't the pan I was looking for. I can't return it now it's been used, but it wont be used again and I now have to buy something that I really wanted all along. Either read the reviews, or make sure you know what you are getting or don't buy at all.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 15, 2015 1:47 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars but once built this is amazing and really impressive, 10 July 2015
Needed a degree in engineering to work out where everything went, but once built this is amazing and really impressive. I have at least three friends who asked where I bought it to get one for themselves.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4