Profile for Sean Russell > Reviews

Content by Sean Russell

Sean Russell "Seanyboy" (London)

All-New Fire HD 8 Tablet with Alexa, 8" HD Display, 32 GB, Black - without Special Offers

2.0 out of 5 stars Be warned about the functionality!, 20 Sept. 2017
It doesn't connect to our (new) Canon printer wirelessly - even with the drivers Amazon recommend. . And it doesn't connect to any of our devices via Bluetooth. The camera is low quality. The battery life is horrendous - even with bluetooth & wi-fi turned off.
Not a good choice of tablet for my Daughter as we bought it for her as something she can do homework on and print off. The only way I'm able to assist her is to physically connect the Fire to my own laptop via a cable to drag files off and then send to a printer. I might as well let her use my own laptop or iPad.
My opinion of this? A total waste of money. Will be sending back.

Right Angle 90 deg/degree HDMI v1.3 Male to Male 50cm Cable/ Lead/ Wire
Right Angle 90 deg/degree HDMI v1.3 Male to Male 50cm Cable/ Lead/ Wire

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 26 April 2013
Exactly what i needed. short enough to hide behind a wall-mounted TV nicely, and no dangling, visible cables. Many thanks

Speaker wallplate for a pair of speakers steel
Speaker wallplate for a pair of speakers steel
Offered by eStore.Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 26 April 2013
Works well and looks great - especially like the fact it can take banana plus as well.
I'm tempted to use these all over the house now. many thanks.

Mantis Scratch Remover from JML
Mantis Scratch Remover from JML
Offered by san direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not remove any type of scratch, 25 July 2012
The advert is completely misleading. This product was used on a number of small and varying scratches on 2 vehicles. The result was exactly the same - the scratches were not affected in the slightest, and looked exactly the same after the application. I also used the micro fibre cloth the company recommends.
In short, this product is a complete waste of money. It should be taken off the shelves and JML should be taken to court for misleading the public.
The only effective way to remove scratches is to re-spray the affected area.

Accusharp Knife Sharpener Blue and White
Accusharp Knife Sharpener Blue and White
Offered by Caulfield Industrial

5.0 out of 5 stars Still going strong, 16 July 2012
I've had my Accusharp sharpener for about 3 years now and it's still sharpening like it did on it's first day of use.

It just doesn't seem to wear out and is still going strong. I'd spent a reasonable amount of money on other 'best in class' sharpeners in the past, and they'd all worn out after a certain amount of use. This one is as impressive as the reviews say and does a great job.

The only thing I noticed at first was that some knives need a little bit of attention and multiple swipes with the Accusharp, as it sharpens at a specific angle - that said, it does clearly state this in the instructions, and once the knife is 'trained' to the new angle, the edges are super sharp and require little cleaning/de-burring with a steel.

Get one.

And then get an axe and try it on that :)

Dyson DC31 Handheld Vacuum with Dual Power Mode (Latest Generation)
Dyson DC31 Handheld Vacuum with Dual Power Mode (Latest Generation)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sucking great, 11 Oct. 2010
So I finally got round to buying a Dyson DC31 after reading reviews and looking at the specification on the Dyson website.

The DC31 It comes into it's own with mess (caused by my children) at the dinner table, stair runners, car, around the kitchen work surfaces and anytime when I can't be bothered to get the main hoover out. You name it, there's a use for pretty much anything that is lying around waiting to be vacuum'd.

The DC31 does what it says and does it well. It's more useful than I thought and has proven to be a fantastic investment. Easy to use and maintain, small and unobtrusive when not in use. And it's surprisingly more powerful than I expected. It's a fine design, is well made, powerful, and aesthetically pleasing.

In summary, I found the people whining about moaning about the battery life didn't sway me. It states quite clearly that the battery lasts 10 minutes on standard power and 6 minutes on insane suction power. If this puts you off, well, don't buy it. Simple.

The offer on Amazon was good too as it included a free Dyson accessory kit (worth £35) - however, it's just another bunch of stuff to store in a box with other vacuum accessories!

Where it does fall down, however, is the pricing - it isn't cheap and it's price point in the market will put some people off. "You get what you pay for" doesn't really cut it here. And "That's Dyson for you" doesn't either.

Hence it gets a 4 star and not 5. Still - I'm pleased I bought it.