Profile for Sukascot > Reviews

Content by Sukascot

Sukascot "sukascot" (Scotland)

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally agree, new formula is rubbish, 2 Mar. 2014
Really annoyed at the new formula which is rubbish. Hard to apply, gives you sore eyes and lashes look no different at all. Utter waste of time and money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 2 Mar. 2014
Doesn't work. Cumbersome to use, stung my eyes and final result looked no different. Disappointing. Won't use this brand again.

1.0 out of 5 stars New formula simply doesn't work!, 2 Mar. 2014
Loved the old formula, but the new one simply doesn't work. Absolutely no difference in lashes and brows despite using 4 times over 2 days. Used the old formula to great satisfaction for years. Don't waste your money!

The Killing: The Complete Season 2 [DVD] [2009]
The Killing: The Complete Season 2 [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Sofie Gråbøl

5.0 out of 5 stars Try not to watch the whole thing in one sitting..I dare you!, 8 Jan. 2012
More twisty turny than a twisty-turny thing. Fantastic TV and the worse 'just one more episode before bed' experience I've had in many a year. Please don't start watching it the night before an exam/big meeting at work/day when you actually have to get up on time because unless you have vastly more discipline than me you may end up pulling an all nighter and gorging the whole series down in one go. I'm not proud of myself and I'm sure I didn't fully appreciate every nuance due to such glutteny, but I was weak! I did vow never to do that again after the great West Wing box set marathon of 2009, but ARGGGH - the cliffhangers!! I actually gave myself a talking to ('Come on now, this is ridiculous. It's 2 in the morning, it will still be here when you get up etc, etc) and went to bed at one point only to GET BACK OUT OF BED and start watching again because I couldn't sleep for wondering/pondering/over-thinking the plot. I think that's the sign of a good series! You should probably just clear your diary, switch off the phone and give in to the inevitable..

The Heart of the Great Alone: Scott, Shackleton and Antarctic Photography
The Heart of the Great Alone: Scott, Shackleton and Antarctic Photography
by Sophie Gordon

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning book, incredible stories, a real treasure., 12 Jan. 2010
After attending an awesome exhibition on the subject,I bought several copies of this exquisite book as presents for outdoorsy types this Christmas and they have gone down a storm. The photography is, as you would expect, absolutely breathtaking but what this book also provides is a tantalizing insight into the combination of human frailty and greatness behind both stories. Yes, there is all the icy splendour, unfathomable endurance and gob-smacking arrogance you would expect. More unexpectedly perhaps, I also found steely humour, tender insights and a touching echo of the wider individuals involved. A deeply moving, fascinating and all round wonderful book which has given a wide range of people hours of pleasure. Recommended it without a moments hesitation.

The Secret Circus
The Secret Circus
by Johanna Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars The most gentle, magical snuggle of a book imaginable., 8 May 2009
This review is from: The Secret Circus (Hardcover)
The perfect bedtime book, this has instantly become a family favourite. Everything about it is well judged, from the song like repetition of the text to the heart warming illustrations. The pacing of the story is impeccable and while it is simple enough to be accessible to very small readers, older child will find much to discuss and discover hidden between the lines. This is a lilting lullaby of a story. The quirky, whimsical illustrations are full of charm and spontaneity and the 'not too perfect', outside the lines colouring has been commented on encouragingly by several aspiring young artists. It particularly struck a chord with my foster child and has provided a natural and unthreatening starting point for a number of sensitive topics such as belonging, racism, keeping secrets and being away from home. We seem to find something new, every time we read it, despite the initial simplicity at first glance. Perhaps most importantly though, 'The Secret Circus' sends my little ones off to sleep feeling a little safer, a little snugger and a little happier in the world. Thoroughly recommended.

Firefly - The Complete Series [DVD] [2003]
Firefly - The Complete Series [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Nathan Fillion

5.0 out of 5 stars I hated Star Wars, I loath sci-fi - but Firefly blew me away..., 9 May 2006
I hate sci-fi, I really do. I fell asleep during Star Wars (much to my now husbands disgust)and I just don't GET the whole genre, so when hubbie arrived home gleefully clutching the box set of Firefly like he had personally found the Holy Grail my heart sank. I could see another month of 'just give it a chance' style arguments and me skulking off to bed early on my own looming. So I had the shock of my life when I genuinely fell head over heels in love with Firefly. The other reviews tell you all you need to know - I just wanted to add that if it can convert someone like me who is actively WANTING to hate it from the opening credits then this must be something really outstanding. I am quoting the gorram show, I have knitted a Jayne hat and all my mates are getting copies for their birthdays. Yup, I really am that sad. Because it really is that good.

The Secret of Life
The Secret of Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Eccentric genius, 26 Aug. 2005
This review is from: The Secret of Life (Audio CD)
Just seen them live and they blew me away! Unmissable, quirky and heart warming stuff - endlessly surprising and worth every penny.