Profile for Dullthud > Reviews

Content by Dullthud

Dullthud "dullthud"

Page: 1 | 2
Wireless Doorbell, JETech 2-Push Bell Portable Wireless DoorBell Chime Plug-in Push Button (Black) - 2127G
Offered by JEDirect UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Bing-bong, 3 May 2017
I actually bought these for an electronics project so they are now in pieces, but still working fine. When I got them out the box and pulled the little tab out of the battery compartment and plugged in the unit, it worked straight away, but the range was a bit pathetic. In the (limited) instructions, which are a bit Chinglish, there is mention of how to cancel units and how to learn units. Going through this process improved the range considerably. Might be worth bearing in mind. Even being very cheap, they work quite well and the innards are well put together.

Four Horsemen
Four Horsemen
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars And there was me looking for a Viking movie..., 7 April 2017
This review is from: Four Horsemen (Amazon Video)
Interesting that this hasn't gotten itself a wider audience. And to be fair, I didn't watch it until it showed up on Amazon Prime. It could perhaps have achieved a wider audience if it was aimed at the 'Occupy' demographic, but it isn't particularly. It's lucid, erudite and not formed in haste. The interviewed participants aren't exclusively no-name professors from the Buttcrack college of getting noticed, they are pukka people relevant to the issue under discussion. And ne'er a Trot amongst 'em, unless you'd put Chomsky in that pen. The apocalyptic title is mainly to provide a format for the film but you may think it's not too far wrong at the end.

I wholeheartedly recommend watching it and making your own mind up.

Bahco 808050 Ratchet Screwdriver and 6 Bits
Bahco 808050 Ratchet Screwdriver and 6 Bits
Offered by HomeStore-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfull, 25 Mar. 2017
Oh, lovely. Has immediately become my favourite screwdriver.

Epson Home XP-335 Expression All-in-One Printer with Colour LCD Display and Apple Air Print
Offered by OFFICESALING

1.0 out of 5 stars Landfill, 25 Mar. 2017
Works fine for long enough to get past Amazon's return period then decides not to print a colour. Changing the ink for genuine cartridges (which cost nearly as much as the printer) doesn't help. Endless resetting defaults, updating drivers, cleaning jets, checking nozzle alignment and searching on google doesn't get it to print properly again and you'll probably have lost at least two days of your life, on top of all the will to live that its recalcitrance will have sapped from your soul.
Try and fix it? Ha Ha! They are laughing at you.
My experience of this printer was not altogether positive. I hope its burial will not poison the planet too badly.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2017 11:41 AM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Read the instructions and was like, 'Well Duh, 20 July 2015
Straight out the box, wicked. Didn't bother with the instructions to see if a first time user could work out how to set the levels and record something. Success. Read the instructions and was like, 'Well Duh. I already knew that.' Sound quality so good that the recording environment will be far more likely to be what's causing any dissatisfaction. Rock band practice levels - Check. Voice over for some poncy work video - Check. I should have bought one so much sooner. Oh yeah. I thought the 4Gb card was going to be a 'So what' addition but it is actually probably going to do you fine. Over three hours of WAV and spreading up to eternity of MP3.
Very good buy.

8 OZ LO-VOC ABS CEMENT [DIY & Tools] [DIY & Tools] [DIY & Tools] [DIY & Tools]
8 OZ LO-VOC ABS CEMENT [DIY & Tools] [DIY & Tools] [DIY & Tools] [DIY & Tools]

5.0 out of 5 stars Black plastic rescue, 20 July 2015
Like a previous reviewer I bought this after an internet search about repairing motorcycle plastics. Mine was a hole in an old 80's BMW pannier about 2 inches by one. I covered the hole with plasticine and daubed a layer on. Took a while to go off as I really dolloped it on in the full expectation that it probably wouldn't work. Once it had gone off I did a few more layers and then took the plasticine off. It had worked. Really well. So far beyond my expectation I feel like 5 stars isn't enough. It came from the States but it wasn't a problem at all and we don't seem to have this stuff in the UK. Shame. And even similar products aren't black. This stuff really aced the repair on my luggage. Brilliant.

Philips Master LED Bulb 12W (60W Replacement) B22 Bayonet Cap, Warm White, Dimmable
Offered by enigma electrical

5.0 out of 5 stars Avoiding power bills is a bit pricey, 20 Dec. 2013
The bulb works fine and is bright, and straight away. It works on the normal dimmer switch that was already fitted and doesn't seem to mind being dimmed at all.
When I first fitted it there was a buzzing noise but worked out that this was coming from the shade. A bit of repositioning fixed it.
It was a lot of money for a bulb but it feels like a fairly high quality object and will (slowly) make its money back on the reduction in the bill. I hope so at least, but I'd probably rather spend the money on this than give it to a greedy power company's share holders who seem comfortable taking more but less sanguine about passing back savings.
And its good for the planet, and bears, or something. Probably a bit late for all that though.
Let's hope they get cheaper because it is way better than the flouro-U-bend bulbs and tech advances lead to proper developments rather than just 'Use more' type 'growth'.

Squire  SS50P5 Hi Security Open Shackle Lock
Squire SS50P5 Hi Security Open Shackle Lock

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel the quality, 19 Oct. 2013
If you wish to lock things up that are valuable, special, or nice
This lock is more than twice as good as anything half the price.

Kuhn Rikon Duromatic Inox Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker with Side Grips, 6 Litre / 22 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Good spanners, 23 Nov. 2012
I was unsure about whether or not to go for a pricey one or if they were all the same and I would just be wasting my money. I came to the conclusion it was a tool and I've never regretted spending a bit more on spanners and sockets and the like. Nothing worse than cheap tools, especially when quality ones often make the job a pleasure to do.

My thinking has proved sound. It's a pleasure to use and the mechanic in me can see that it's perfectly safe. Quite cleverly so, actually.

As far as pressure cooking in general goes, I can't believe I've left it this long to get one. It's so quick and uses so little gas. I may buy another one of a different design to expand my options. It will definitely be one made by Kuhn Rikon.

Disco Inferno
Disco Inferno

5.0 out of 5 stars An Oldie, 4 May 2011
This review is from: Disco Inferno (MP3 Download)
Tina Turner may be as old as God's dog now but this is just one of the reasons she is a household name. Not her song originally but she made it her own to my mind, through pure passion. Plus, if you play bass guitar, try learning this line and not smiling.

Page: 1 | 2