Profile for Alex Ronan > Reviews

Content by Alex Ronan

Alex Ronan "Wannabe proof reader!" (Colchester, Essex)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The House
The House

4.0 out of 5 stars Great psycholigical thriller, 17 Aug. 2017
This review is from: The House (Kindle Edition)
Thank you to Net Galley and the publishers for this ARC in exchange of a fair review.

I am a fan of a good psychological thriller and this one did not disappoint.
The characters were strong and believable. There was enough back story to empathise with them too.
I like the style in which it was written, quite different to the norm.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of a good psychological thriller.

Here and Gone
Here and Gone

4.0 out of 5 stars A well told story of kidnap, murder and greed., 28 Jun. 2017
This review is from: Here and Gone (Kindle Edition)

This is a well told story of kidnap, murder and greed.
I found it easy to read and a bit of a page turner.
I liked reading the different characters points of view rather than the story just revolving around the main character.
It is well told and I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of a good thriller.

Automatic LED Night Light Dusk 2 Dawn LED Sensitive, White, Plug in
Automatic LED Night Light Dusk 2 Dawn LED Sensitive, White, Plug in

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 6 May 2017
Great light. Gives off just enough light to comfort my daughter if she wakes and to guide me to the loo without waking me up from brightness!

Closure: Jack Randall #1
Closure: Jack Randall #1

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 27 Mar. 2017
I enjoyed this story. It was pacy, well written with lots of detail. when you read about the author you can see how he has such a broad knowledge on a lot of the detail in the book.
I will definitely pick up another book in this series.

Silent Child
Silent Child

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written, creepy suspense thriller, 10 Mar. 2017
This review is from: Silent Child (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book. It is well written and the characters are well thought out.
The story is creepy and tense and there are a few twists and turns.
I would definitely recommend this to lovers of a good psychological thriller.

The Kicking the Bucket List
The Kicking the Bucket List
by Cathy Hopkins

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice story, different, 9 Mar. 2017
First of all thank you to Net Galley and the publishers for an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed the story. It was different to most of the "girly" books I've read. I liked that the main characters were older, 40-50 somethings rather than the usual 20-30 somethings in this genre.
I gave it three stars as I didn't feel much empathy for the characters, except maybe Rose, I would've liked to have heard more from her point of view.
I did enjoy the story though and thought it flowed well.
I would recommend this if you are looking for something slightly different in your chick-lit.

The Girl Before: The Sensational International Bestseller
The Girl Before: The Sensational International Bestseller

4.0 out of 5 stars Riveting read, 28 Feb. 2017
Firstly I'd like to thank NetGalley and the publishers for providing me with an advanced copy of this book.

I found myself riveted to this book pretty much as soon as I started reading it. Nothing much happens at first but the writing style captured my attention and emplored me to read on.
The story is full of twists and turns and I thoroughly enjoyed it, right down to the last page.
I would recommend this book if you are a fan of a psychological thriller and are looking for something slightly different from the genre.

Written in Bones: Inspector McLean 7
Written in Bones: Inspector McLean 7
by James Oswald

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 28 Feb. 2017
Firstly thank you to the publishers and Netgalley for an advanced copy of this book.

Secondly, I really liked this book. The 7th in the Tony McLean series, although I haven't read any of the others I will certainly be picking them up - can't believe I have missed out on this series!
I liked the pace and style of the writing. I liked the seeming randomness of the storyline which all unravelled toward the end.
I only give this 4 stars rather than 5 as I feel the ending was quite sudden and rushed and didn't quite fit with the feel of the rest of the story.
I would recommend this book to any crime/detective novel fan.

The Devil's Work
The Devil's Work
by Mark Edwards

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping read, 25 Sept. 2016
This review is from: The Devil's Work (Paperback)
I thought I wasn't enjoying this book but didn't realise how much I'd read in one go. it was gripping and well written as usual with Mark Edwards.
The only reason I thought I wasn't enjoying it was because I felt I couldn't empathise with Sophie too much at the beginning, she was so quick to accuse Cassie and did go off on her a bit but I still found myself page turning and getting in to the story.
Thanks to Net Galley and the publisher for letting me read an advanced copy.

All the Light We Cannot See
All the Light We Cannot See

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written, 19 Sept. 2016
This is a beautifully written, heart warming, wonderful book.
I'm not going to talk about the plot and spoilers cos that isn't the point of a review.
I am going to urge you to read this book and slip into the world's of Werner and Marie-Laure and enjoy it, as harrowing
as it is at times.