Profile for Foodie Nut > Reviews

Content by Foodie Nut

Foodie Nut (Yorkshire, Gt Britain.)

Page: 1 | 2
Os Cycle Tours Bucks, Berks & Oxon: 24 One-day Routes in Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire (Ordnance Survey Cycle Tours)
by Nick Cotton
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! Still relevant today (2008)., 12 May 2008
Just thought I'd add a quick note to say that I think this is brilliant and still relevant today, although it was written some time ago!

Cheers.

Swedish: Level 1 (VocabuLearn)
Swedish: Level 1 (VocabuLearn)
by Ett Niva
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb idea - try it and see!, 27 April 2008
I took the plunge on this having tried all sorts of other 'traditional' methods and failed or got very frustrated repeatedly. This method works and, reading other reviews (in particularly one on the Spanish version), I know understand why.

I'm not the kind of student to sit and learn in a classroom - I get bored easily and I find it very frustrating when my brain doesn't want to learn in the 'recommended' manner (See Ms. Tawdry below). This method, which allows you to do all manner of things whilst listening (driving, housework, walking whatever), gets you to recognise the sounds and pronunciation of the language in superquick time. In no time at all, like the Spanish reviewer says, you'll think of the word in Swedish BEFORE it's said. Then, if you've made any pronunciation errors, the correct version is said by the native speaker.

And for me, having the words and phrases said randomly is far more fun than feeling obliged to learn all the vocabulary for a particular theme. How boring is that? This way, it's constantly interesting and challenging to your brain.

Once I'd listened to it on and off for a few weeks, a look at basic grammar had me hooked. By then, I had so much vocabulary, that I really felt I could do it, and having confidence when learning a language, really makes such a positive difference!

Cannot recommend it enough - hence the full 5 stars.

Walks Along the Thames Path
Walks Along the Thames Path
by Ron Emmons

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly delightful guide book!, 22 April 2008
What a delight! Beautiful colour photos in addition to crystal-clear maps and a wealth of local history. This book includes useful information about opening times, which Explorer maps accompany which walks, an excellent lay-out overall and so on.

I can heartily recommend this for anyone interested in the fascinating stories of local history combined with some truly well thought-out walks alongside the Thames.

Full marks Mr Emmons!

Pub Walks in West Sussex: Forty Circular Walks Around West Sussex Inns
Pub Walks in West Sussex: Forty Circular Walks Around West Sussex Inns
by Mike Power

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating for anyone that likes combining history with exercise!, 18 April 2008
Forty walks, ranging from a little under 3 miles to a little over 6. They cover the whole of the county and are spread evenly.

We found this book terrific. Exercise in the fresh air with these easy-to-follow walks and an interesting local history lesson at the same time.

Strongly recommended.

Managing Activities (People & Organisations)
Managing Activities (People & Organisations)
by Michael Armstrong

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent introduction to a demanding and challenging area., 18 April 2008
Very easy to access and read - the 'test yourself' section is effortless and well worth it.

In contrast to the other reviewer, I used little more than this text to get me through the exam. It's good, it worked for me and thus I heartily recommend it!

For Yourself: The Fulfillment of Female Sexuality
For Yourself: The Fulfillment of Female Sexuality
by Lonnie Barbach Ph.D.
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 18 April 2008
Just wanted to say that for me, this book was superb. It answered many questions (some I didn't know I had!) and I've come out a better (more satisfied) woman.

I know this is a brief review, but I wanted to pass on my positive thoughts.

What's Your Purpose?: Seven Questions to Find Your Answer
What's Your Purpose?: Seven Questions to Find Your Answer
by Richard Jacobs

5.0 out of 5 stars Hits the nail right on the head!, 18 April 2008
I disagree with the critics. I think this is a fantastic book and for me, struck a very real chord. I'm a better, more rounded person having read it and those that I've lent it to, say the same.

Very positive, articulate and beneficial. Full marks!

Lexen Healthy Juicer (Silver)
Lexen Healthy Juicer (Silver)
Offered by NaturallyGreen

5.0 out of 5 stars Especially superb for wheatgrass and greens!, 15 April 2008
This review is from: Lexen Healthy Juicer (Silver)
I just wanted to say that this is a little gem that fits together ever so easily, takes up no space and is completely portable. Most importantly however, it is brilliant at extracting all those wonderfully healthy 'green' juices - something that most other juicers really struggle with, getting all clogged up etc.

And it's also a doddle to clean!

It can cope with other fruits/veg of course, but this is what it really excels at.

The Raw Energy Bible: Packed With Raw Energy Goodness and Food Combining Facts
The Raw Energy Bible: Packed With Raw Energy Goodness and Food Combining Facts
by Leslie Kenton

3.0 out of 5 stars Good certainly, but the inclusion of recipes that require cooking can be rather frustrating., 5 Mar. 2008
I agree with previous reviewers but must add that some recipes do require cooking (not dehydrating), so for it to be titled "...Raw Engergy Bible" is somewhat misleading...

Also, it's rather wordy although does have interesting (and pertinent) things to say.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2012 12:12 PM BST

Raw Food/Real World: 100 Recipes to Get the Glow
Raw Food/Real World: 100 Recipes to Get the Glow
by Matthew Kenney

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitely going the right way, however UK sourcing is a nightmare., 5 Mar. 2008
Their sentiment is sound and the writing style invigorating. I've tried a number of recipes but tend to go for the simpler ones bc of the time to a)soak and b)dehydrate involved for many of the dishes.

The greatest problem for us raw vegans in the UK is sourcing - whilst they list US websites, they don't do similar for the UK and I've only had partial success finding even half the ingredients they talk about.

So be warned!