Profile for Trailgirl > Reviews

Content by Trailgirl

Trailgirl (London)

Page: 1 | 2
King of Flash Compatible Printer Ink For Epson T1812 4 Cyan Cartridges - Epson XP-30, XP-102, XP-202, XP-305, XP-405, XP-205, XP-302, XP-415, XP-415, XP-412, XP-315, XP-312, XP-215, XP-212, XP-405WH Printers
Offered by KING OF FLASH

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 1 Sept. 2015
The printer recognizes this cartridge but it does not use it. So it is useless.

Are You Tired And Wired: Your Proven 30-Day Programme for Overcoming Adrenal Fatigue and Feeling Fantastic Again
by Marcelle Pick

5.0 out of 5 stars eye-opening and easy to put into practice, 30 July 2012
Adrenal fatigue is an issue that a lot of people are unaware of. As a mum, I recommend this book to all mothers. I certainly wish I read it when my first child was six months old (he's now 2.5) and I found that my life became overwhelmingly hectic.
On the practical side, the book is well laid out in my opinion. Even with a mild "brain fog" (which btw.is one of the signs of adrenal fatigue), I didn't find it too technical at all. Instead, the book has a lot of recipes and healthy food tips, which, as a hands-on, lets-get-going person is what I was looking for. In my opinion, some theory behind the recipes is needed. Otherwise I personally find there is too little motivation and too little belief from me that things can get better and NO, I'm not "just getting old". For me, after a year of feeling utterly exhausted, this was a godsend.

Pourty Easy-to-Pour Potty (Blue)
Pourty Easy-to-Pour Potty (Blue)

4.0 out of 5 stars initially,splashguard not high enough but.., 31 May 2012
I made the mistake of buying a second one too soon after starting potty training. Very pleased initially that I could just pour it into the toilet. My boy is happily sitting on it now. HOWEVER I can no longer be enthusiastic about his progress, as every single time I have to clean up the mess from the floor or change his pants. It's become a drag and it doesn't seem to be his fault (he is not overly enthusiastic and is in fact average in height and weight for his age..I even wondered whether that mattered). Just ordered the Tippitoes one.
UPDATE: told son to sit further back and now no more mishaps. This was my only gripe and it is solved now. It is so easy to clean!

The Wildwood Tarot
The Wildwood Tarot
by Mark Ryan

4.0 out of 5 stars Animal Archetypes, 18 Nov. 2011
This review is from: The Wildwood Tarot (Paperback)
This deck is not a conventional Tarot deck. First, the traditional suits have been renamed. They now are Arrows, Bows, Vessels and Stones. However, they still correspond to the traditional elements of Air, Fire, Water and Earth. Furthermore, these four elements are sufficiently represented on the pip cards. Therefore if you know the elemental associations, you should not have a problem reading with the Wildwood deck.

But the main criticism by people who otherwise like the deck is that the court cards are all animals. Personally, I think that this feature actually helps when interpreting the Courts as primal energy, rather than a specific person. As well as this, if you DO want to assign the court card to a certain type of person and you do not feel you are intuitive about animals, but are familiar with the traditional archetypes, studying the accompanying book might help complement and/or expand your interpretation of these cards.

In addition, as an example of how animal archetypes can reveal our human traits, let me tell you about the following light hearted exercise I once participated in. We were each to pick an animal that describes us best at present, then share this with our neighbour, for example:
"I am a leopard napping under a rock"
or
"I am a thirsty hummingbird".
The neighbour was then supposed to come up with a list of characteristics describing that animal e.g.
for the napping leopard: "so beautiful that it wants to escape the attention, blend in and be one with nature"
and for the hummingbird: "frantic and fragile on the outside, but strong in spirit".

These lists of traits turned out to be surprisingly spot on and revealed more about the people choosing a particular animal than perhaps some wanted to!

Elmer's Colours (English-Polish) (Elmer Board Books)
Elmer's Colours (English-Polish) (Elmer Board Books)
by David McKee
Edition: Board book

2.0 out of 5 stars weird text in both English and Polish, 9 April 2011
I have very mixed feelings about this book. The pictures are beautiful. However, I wish I read the review of the English version here on Amazon before I decided to buy it. The text about colours reads quite oddly, e.g."White is a snowman" and in Polish "Bialy jest balwan". It's like Yoda-speak, all backwards!

Essential Care Rose Moisturiser (Moisture Cream)
Essential Care Rose Moisturiser (Moisture Cream)

2.0 out of 5 stars try a sample first, 1 Feb. 2011
I do not have sensitive skin. However, as it turned out, I am sensitive to one ingredient in skin care: damask rose essential oil. My face went bright pink after application of this cream. Essential oils can cause sensitivity in some people, try a sample before you spend money.

Your Writing Coach: From Concept to Character, from Pitch to Publication: From Concept to Character, from Pitch to Publication - Everything You Need ... New Media, Scripts and Short Stories
by Jurgen Wolff

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent help for beginners, 20 May 2010
I've read or browsed through a few books on writing. Some of them assume you have a first draft in your drawer, and even if they say that they want to help you start writing, they are actually not very good at it. For example, visualisation does not get mentioned. Enter Jurgen Wolff - he will really help you and give you tips, techniques & exercises, rather than waffle on for 100 pages. The end of chapter bonuses and his website also offer hands-on, no-nonsense help. Thank you, Jurgen!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars not for rolling around without a nappy on, 6 Mar. 2010
On the Baby Catalogue website this is described as waterproof. It is not. I should have paid attention to the description on Amazon.

Breakneck
Breakneck
by Erica Spindler

2.0 out of 5 stars Interesting plot.. but badly written, 29 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Breakneck (Paperback)
Cybercrime is a hot topic and the author has plotted an interesting story about it. However, there were cliches upon cliches in the narrative and the main character, M.C., comes across as wooden, despite her ordeals. In fact, I struggled to find most characters here credible. That is why personally I would not classify this book as an entertaining read.

No Title Available