Profile for sharp eye > Reviews

Content by sharp eye

sharp eye "Sharp eye for a bargain" (London, England)

[Official Shop] BXT High Capacity 3200mAh Portable iPhone 5 5S Juice Battery Power Pack External Case and Rechargeable Extended Backup Charger Metal Detachable Case - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont waste you money on this, 7 Dec. 2014
It worked once then it stopped charging..Dont waste you money on this product

The Bed and Breakfast Star
The Bed and Breakfast Star
by Jacqueline Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 29 July 2006
All three of my kids loved this! My oldest at 11 and my youngest at 6! It's a very interesting book, with a fab author and illustrater. I read it to my 6 year old once, and it was really good. Brilliant! I definitly recommend it!

Oxford Reading Tree: Stage 5: Storybooks (Magic Key): The Magic Key
Oxford Reading Tree: Stage 5: Storybooks (Magic Key): The Magic Key
by Rod Hunt

5.0 out of 5 stars Big, Easy to Read!, 5 May 2006
I have written lot's of reviews before, this being my hardest. I'm 9 and my little sister is on the reading scheme at school, because she's in yr2. When my mum brought the book I thought my sister would be bored because she reads them at school but she loves it! It's really bright and colourful with big easy words so little children can read it and at the same time, learn to read. My sister loves it and I recommend it to children who are behind on reading or in the younger years at primary school. I give it a big 5 STARS!!

Artemis Fowl
Artemis Fowl
by Eoin Colfer

4.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!!!!!!!!!, 20 Mar. 2006
This review is from: Artemis Fowl (Paperback)
I am a 9 year old girl & I read books from the teenager section so when my teacher gave me the book I thought it was going to be boring. I was so wrong! It is abousoutly amazing, with not much detail around the characters but you can make a picture in your head espically Commander Root!! The story is really good for all ages over 8 & I recommend it to people who love reading, magic & can understand all the words. Thats the only downside to it, some of the words are quite hard, espically for someone who usally reads love stories! The story line is great though, and I can't wait to read the next book!

Al-Qaeda: The True Story of Radical Islam
Al-Qaeda: The True Story of Radical Islam
by Jason Burke

5.0 out of 5 stars Al Qaeda fact or myth, 13 April 2005
I've just finished reading this excellent book by Jason Burke who unlike many journalists who claimed to be experts on the subject matter, actually did his homework and approached the topic with an amazing inquisitive way. He went out and met the people concerned and was able to dig up a lot of original material and trace back the origins of salafi thought and how it developed during the oil boom of the 70's and early 80's. Apart from getting few names and titles wrong, Jason was able to produce a masterpiece that should be compulsory reading to all politicians and journalists dealing with the rise of Islamic militancy. My only criticism is that Jason was not able to elaborate on the collaboration between the Islamic militants and the CIA during the war against the Soviets in the 80's. He seems to imply that the US played a very minor role in the events in Afghanistan which we know now was not the case. In fact the US was one of the major players alongside Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. It offered logistic as well as military and intelligence support to the mujahidin and was pretty instrumental in driving the Soviets out.