Profile for Kindle Ed. > Reviews

Content by Kindle Ed.

Kindle Ed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1 TB USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 inch External Hard Drive for PC and Mac - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Works with Windows 10!, 29 Sept. 2015
My old one would not work as a backup device when I got Windows 10, however this is fine and my old Seagate is now just an external storage device, so not wasted.

Laptop Battery for HP Pavilion dv6-2115ew dv6-2115sa dv6-2115sf dv6-2115sg dv6-2115sl Notebook Battery "Laptop Power" TM Branded
Offered by BattPit United Kingdom

4.0 out of 5 stars Fit for purpose, 29 Sept. 2015
Does the job as advertised - and cheaper than Icould have bought it locally, even including posting overseas!

The Four Streets (The Four Streets Trilogy)
The Four Streets (The Four Streets Trilogy)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 31 July 2014
This was recommended to me but I was extremely disappointed. I had expected it to be much better given the author but the style seems to be based on all the similar books about how hard life is in the inner cities around war time. There is an underlying story but it is just not convincing and the result is pathetic

The Hanging Shed (Douglas Brodie series Book 1)
The Hanging Shed (Douglas Brodie series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good read and atmospheric too!, 31 July 2014
I want more of this! It is set just after the war and its impact is there throughout all the book. I am looking forward to more by this author.

Passport To Hell: How I Survived Sadistic Prison Guards and Hardened Criminals in Spain's Toughest Prisons

2.0 out of 5 stars An manipulative version of 'the truth' and an insult to my intelligence, 31 July 2014
I was extremely disappointed and insulted by this book. This author must think we readers are stupid if we believe this tale. An admitted drug user and alcohol abuser (who now says she is clean) who is trying to manipulate the truth and make money out of her story - and story is what I believe it is. She wants us to believe she was in the wrong place at the wrong time - not just once but several times. She put herself in those places with her behaviour and, if not actually 'guilty' she is certainly culpable. Her family have been amazing for her and how does she repay them? By taking more and more money off them and not being there when they needed her. Selfish!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2015 12:10 AM GMT

Berlin, A Novel
Berlin, A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant new type of murder mystery, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Berlin, A Novel (Kindle Edition)
At first I was not sure about this but bought it as a Kindle Daily Deal. I am really glad I did. It is not just a murder mystery but it goes into the lives of the victims before, during and just after the second world war. This added a completely new dimension to the book. I would heartily recommend it - and I have to friends!

By The Rivers Of Babylon
By The Rivers Of Babylon

5.0 out of 5 stars An exciting read, 31 July 2014
I really enjoyed this book. I found it difficult to put down and was frustrated when I had to stop reading it to recharge my Kindle. There was interesting historical information as well as the non-stop action.

Maxsimafoto® - Lens Hood for Canon PowerShot SX1 IS, SX10 IS, SX20 IS, SX30 IS, SX40 HS, SX50, SX520. LH-DC60.
Offered by Cameramarket UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for the camera, 31 July 2014
Just what we needed!

The Yard: Scotland Yard Murder Squad Book 1
The Yard: Scotland Yard Murder Squad Book 1

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read!, 31 July 2014
A different book. I really enjoyed this detective novel, it did not rely on modern forensics but there was some very interesting investigative techniques and the beginnings of the introduction of fingerprinting.

The Sweetest Hallelujah
The Sweetest Hallelujah

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice read but not really believable, 5 Jun. 2014
It is nicely written, it would be nice to think it could happen but it is very unlikely to have happened in that location at that time. Plus there is a huge cop out which spoils (for me) the whole idea of the book. I won't mention it as it will spoil it for anyone reading it. A good read but take with a very large pinch of salt.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4