Profile for Mr. M. A. Spridgeon > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. A. Spri...

Mr. M. A. Spridgeon (Southampton, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Moleskine Soft Cover Underwater Blue Pocket Dotted Notebook
Moleskine Soft Cover Underwater Blue Pocket Dotted Notebook

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, 17 May 2014
This small Moleskine pocketbook is an ideal size for jotting notes on, particularly whilst you are on the move.
I like the softer, more flexible cover when you compare it to a traditional Moleskine pocketbook that can be rigid in your pocket.
The colour is also refreshing, and after a few weeks of use it still looks in good shape.

Sky Remote Control sealed in Official Sky Branded Retail Packaging, including Duracell Batteries and Manual SKY100

4.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement, 11 May 2014
After 12 years of continuous use our original Sky controller finally gave up, with the number 4 button in particular stopping working at first press.
This one looks like, feels like and works exactly the same as our original did many moons ago. It is a functional Sky controller for an original style boxset. It came in Sky packaging and did come with free batteries. Good value for money, I hope this one lasts me as long as the first.

Canon KP-36IP Ink/Paper for Selphy Series Printers - 36x 4" x 6" Postcard Size
Canon KP-36IP Ink/Paper for Selphy Series Printers - 36x 4" x 6" Postcard Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Best quality, 11 May 2014
Works perfectly with my Canon Selphy 730, making printing easy and cost effective. The benefits of being able to print at home whilst scrapbooking make it worth keeping spare packs of paper in the house.
The images come out with good colours and the prints don't smudge at all.

Disney Karaoke Series: Frozen
Disney Karaoke Series: Frozen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for fans of the film, 11 May 2014
The Disney Karaoke series discs have become a firm family favourite in our household.
This disc is probably the favourite of them all (for now anyway)
It contains 8 instrumental tracks, (1) Do you want to build a snowman, (2) For the first time in forever, (3) Love is an open door, (4) Let it go, (5) Reindeers are better than people, (6) In Summer, (7) For the first time in forever (reprise) and (8) Fixer upper.
As you'll see, this covers all the best songs from the film and is enough that my young niece has been able to learn the words to all of them.
These 8 tracks then repeat with vocals, so you get everything repeated even if you don't have the disc on repeat (which I promise youngsters will want you to!)

The vocals work on the screen well, and are clear to read and follow. Overall, if you love Karaoke and Disney you will LOVE the latest in a great series of karaoke discs. Highly recommended.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2014 8:08 PM BST

EasyAcc Ultra 16000mAh 3 USB 22W 4.4A Outputs Power Bank with 18W Input Lighting fast Charging Super External battery Charger for iPad iPhone Asus Samsung Galaxy Android Windows Smartphone 5V Tablets Pc

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality, 9 May 2014
The 16000mAh battery far exceeded my expectations. It charges my iphone and ipad over and over. The small lights system gives a reasonable idea of how much charge you have left and I never feel I need to worry about a dead battery again.

The battery is a bit taller than an iphone, and more than double the thickness. It is something that fits well in my laptop bag, but I think it is a bit big for my pocket. It charges quickly and lasts for many charges. Exactly what I need for travelling.

Infographics: The Power of Visual Storytelling
Infographics: The Power of Visual Storytelling
by Jason Lankow

3.0 out of 5 stars Not all that, 9 May 2014
A fairly bland book that didn't grab my attention at all.
I attempted to read it on three separate occassions, but each time couldn't really see what I was trying to get from it.
The text didn't grab me and the graphics weren't stunning. Sadly I found this book far too easy to put down and I never wanted to pick it up again. After the failed attempts to read it, I passed it on to a colleague who a week later told me he had done the same.

Apple iPod Lightning to 30-PIN Adapter-ZML
Apple iPod Lightning to 30-PIN Adapter-ZML

5.0 out of 5 stars Order official version from Amazon, 9 May 2014
When I first got an iphone 5 I was frustrated that I would need an adapter to have each of my docking stations work, but having finally got over myself I decided to invest in the tool that will allow my phone to work with them.
I ordered from Amazon based on reviews of some of the marketplace traders and have to say that I had a very quick delivery of an Apple original product. It does exactly what you would expect, making my Bose and Sony docking stations work at home and work respectively.

Sharpie Metallic Permanent Markers 3/Pkg-Gold, Silver, Bronze
Sharpie Metallic Permanent Markers 3/Pkg-Gold, Silver, Bronze
Offered by European Deals

4.0 out of 5 stars Metallic colours, 9 May 2014
Great metallic colours, nice ink-flow and fairly good life time.
The the gold and silver pens are obviously gold and silver, the bronze does look a bit more brown than bronze.
Worked well on each of the surfaces I tried them on.

Belkin 1.2 m Lightning to USB Charge and Sync Cable for Apple iPad Pro/iPad Air 2/iPad Air/4th Gen/iPad Mini/iPad Mini Retina/iPhone SE/5/5s/5c/6/6s/6 Plus/6s Plus (MFI Approved) - Green
Offered by BESTBUYIT

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for someone on the go, 9 May 2014
As a frequent traveller who has an abundance of cables in my bag I have found the vivid colour of this to be very helpful.
Now I can quickly grab this for charging without having to sort through other cables in my bag.

Other than the colour benefit, it is simply a genuine product that was quickly delivered by Amazon. It is a great quality item from Belkin that works exactly as you would expect. Great value for money and something I use daily as my iphone doesn't retain a charge all day when I actually use it.

Thanks for the Feedback: The Science and Art of Receiving Feedback Well
Thanks for the Feedback: The Science and Art of Receiving Feedback Well
by Sheila Heen

4.0 out of 5 stars Give and take feedback, 9 May 2014
A detailed book that offers advice on how to give and take feedback.
Starting with a basic premise that people avoid difficult feedback situations, this book gives practical solutions to ensure these scenarios both happen and are productive.

The best advice I took from the book related to how I felt when I got feedback from someone I either disliked or didn't respect. I didn't know what triggered my responses previously, but I was aware that I disregarded that feedback even if some of it sounded reasonable. Going forward I will know how to separate the feedback and ensure I learn from it.

Overall a good read, nothing ground-breaking - but lots of things I could relate to and I guess I understand myself better now.
I like the book enough to have shared it with friends.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19